Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#3 Daniel Wells

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone Ranger wrote:
If we take Dal Santo I'll "fair dinkum spew up"

+1. We need him like we need more soft tissue injuries.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Last night both Caro and Lloyd said we are crazy for getting a guy at 31. May I remind these two Pies doomsayers, we have lost swan, toovey, Mc caffer, now Cloke, possibly the Sack, and that's one helluva lot of experience leaving us, we will be an extremely young team. Surely to God, we need an experienced player like Wells, to shore up our experience level, and that applies to Mayne too.

At least with Wells, he had a good year this season and was one of the best North players. He's got incredible skill and is fast. Remember, we effectively only got 2 good years out of Jolly, but that was enough to help snare us a flag. FWIW, I reckon getting Wells, Kim Jong Il and even Mayne (whom I'm warming too because of his physicality) will significantly improve our team and help push us into the 8, maybe even top 4.

Jolly and Ball came into a side that just lost a prelim and won us a flag, we are talking about a side that has finished 12th 2 years in a row, we are not a hope in hell of a premiership in the next 3 years so just wasting money that could be used on a younger player who will be there next time Collingwood threatens the top sides
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:16 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Last night both Caro and Lloyd said we are crazy for getting a guy at 31. May I remind these two Pies doomsayers, we have lost swan, toovey, Mc caffer, now Cloke, possibly the Sack, and that's one helluva lot of experience leaving us, we will be an extremely young team. Surely to God, we need an experienced player like Wells, to shore up our experience level, and that applies to Mayne too.

At least with Wells, he had a good year this season and was one of the best North players. He's got incredible skill and is fast. Remember, we effectively only got 2 good years out of Jolly, but that was enough to help snare us a flag. FWIW, I reckon getting Wells, Kim Jong Il and even Mayne (whom I'm warming too because of his physicality) will significantly improve our team and help push us into the 8, maybe even top 4.

Jolly and Ball came into a side that just lost a prelim and won us a flag, we are talking about a side that has finished 12th 2 years in a row, we are not a hope in hell of a premiership in the next 3 years so just wasting money that could be used on a younger player who will be there next time Collingwood threatens the top sides

Sorry Mr Smith, we can win the flag in 2017 if we finally get some decent luck with injuries. The competition is as even as it has ever been and we are young team on the rise. Don't be surprised if there are finalists from 2016 that have a fall from grace like Fremantle of 2016.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Mooret its no use talking to a brick wall m8
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:21 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
Mooret its no use talking to a brick wall m8

I am beginning to see that drovers. Really unsure if a lot of the guys on this forum actually barrack for us.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:23 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Sorry Mr Smith, we can win the flag in 2017 if we finally get some decent luck with injuries. The competition is as even as it has ever been and we are young team on the rise. Don't be surprised if there are finalists from 2016 that have a fall from grace like Fremantle of 2016.

Please point me to the flag teams who have gone from 12th to premiers the following year? It just doesn't happen, you need a couple of years of finals to get there.

It is at least 3-4 years away, next year is a write off, then the new coach will need 2-3 years to get the side back to winning ways and regular finals appearances.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:25 pm

We came damn close in '77 Very Happy
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:31 pm

That was a very finals experienced team, 1976 was the only year they had missed the finals for about 10 years, exactly what I mean, you need the experience of finals to get there. You don't walk into finals after 4 years and win a flag especially having gotten rid of your premiership players.

Daniel Wells isn't going to improve the sides finals experience either...
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:33 pm

If you think we were the 12th best side in 2016, you must have been going to different games than me. By my estimation we played 12 games with our B side, 6 games with our C side and 4 games with our D side. We beat GWS, WCE and Geelong. Lost by a point to Hawthorn and 3 points to the Dogs. Let's see what we can do with our A side before you start declaring we have no hope of winning a flag in the next 3 years.
WCE from 9th in 2014 to GF in 2015. Geelong and GWS from out of the 8 in 2015 to preliminary finals in 2016. Yes not premiers, but a big jump up the ladder from all. Also, you may remember Collingwood went from 9th in 2001 to a GF in 2002.
The competition is even and I guarantee you this time last year no one thought the Dogs would be in the GF in 2016. Actually, 4 weeks ago no one would have thought they would beat WCE, let alone make the GF.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Where did you lose your by a point to Hawthorn and 3 points to the Dogs ?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:49 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
If you think we were the 12th best side in 2016, you must have been going to different games than me. By my estimation we played 12 games with our B side, 6 games with our C side and 4 games with our D side. We beat GWS, WCE and Geelong. Lost by a point to Hawthorn and 3 points to the Dogs. Let's see what we can do with our A side before you start declaring we have no hope of winning a flag in the next 3 years.
WCE from 9th in 2014 to GF in 2015. Geelong and GWS from out of the 8 in 2015 to preliminary finals in 2016. Yes not premiers, but a big jump up the ladder from all. Also, you may remember Collingwood went from 9th in 2001 to a GF in 2002.
The competition is even and I guarantee you this time last year no one thought the Dogs would be in the GF in 2016. Actually, 4 weeks ago no one would have thought they would beat WCE, let alone make the GF.

Lost to Melbourne (twice), St Kilda, Carlton, Thrashed by Port Adelaide in Melbourne and by a struggling North Melbourne

So what is there to be optimistic about? We lost badly to the teams above us so in what fantasy world do we jump all those teams next year?

Injury excuses are just pathetic, if it was so bad then why were they able to beat the Giants, Eagles and Cats? If you can't see there are serious issues at this club that aren't fixed by sacking some consultants or changing a couple of assistant coaches then oh well, prepare to be very disappointed next year and spending 600k for the next 3 years on an old bloke wont fix it.

I do find it interesting on one thread we have people saying experience is important, a 34 year old earning 600k a year is fine, then on the other a 29 year old is passed it and has no hope of a decent future...
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:50 pm

themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:11 pm

mooretreloar wrote:

+1
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:16 pm

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:52 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

Lost to Melbourne (twice), St Kilda, Carlton, Thrashed by Port Adelaide in Melbourne and by a struggling North Melbourne

So what is there to be optimistic about? We lost badly to the teams above us so in what fantasy world do we jump all those teams next year?

Injury excuses are just pathetic, if it was so bad then why were they able to beat the Giants, Eagles and Cats? If you can't see there are serious issues at this club that aren't fixed by sacking some consultants or changing a couple of assistant coaches then oh well, prepare to be very disappointed next year and spending 600k for the next 3 years on an old bloke wont fix it.

I do find it interesting on one thread we have people saying experience is important, a 34 year old earning 600k a year is fine, then on the other a 29 year old is passed it and has no hope of a decent future...

Do you barrack for Collingwood? Do you go to watch the games live? I can see you have been on the forum for a number of years, so I'm guessing you do both, but given your comments I'm not sure.
The serious issues seem to be created by posters like you. Do you not understand that we underwent a rebuild at the end of 2013 that continued through 2014, 2015 & 2016? Did you not see the effect that Roughead's absence had on Hawthorn's forward line in 2016? We had 4 of our 1st choice forward line play approximately 20-24 games (Swan 0, Elliott 0, Fasolo about 12, Moore about 12) of a possible 88 games. If you don't think this effects a team, then I'm banging my head against a wall trying to reason with you.
Our form in the first part of the year was putrid, which was due to a combination of Mr Robinson's lovely story pre round 1 and injuries to key players (we had played 37 players by round 6). After the bye we were very consistent, bar for 20 minutes at the start of the game against North and 2 1/2 quarters against Richmond. So, of 40 possible quarters we were super competitive for 37 against mostly top 8 sides and we played with our C and D side for the majority of those games. Thus, it follows that if we get our best side on the park most of the season, we will win a lot of games of footy, which equates to top 8, which equates to finals, which equates to optimism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 12 of 27   

Jump to: