Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The AFL Nightmare GF !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
ronrat wrote:
BBHS wrote:
They would be loving it. TV audience will be through the roof.

So would bus company motel and hotel owners. Gee, the public may even get a ticket to see it.

What if the NRL is Storm vs NQ? Same deal. You can't expand the competition and bemoan when this happens.

Expanding the competition is NOT the same thing as corrupting the competition dude. They should not be confused.
I don't remember Storm being gifted 12 - 15 great players on a bloody platter right at the start?

Yet GWS and Geelong had to play home finals not at home. Of course it is corrupt. Umpires, the draw, COLA etc. I was referring to Ms Wilson and Co. She and her cohorts are not exactly screaming the house down about these issues but what happens to stupid clubs like Richmond. The likes of Eddie McG and David Koch mention it all and she pisses off in a tangent calling them whingers.

Even Fitzpatrick admitted he thought Buddy was going to GWS. So by definition he attempted to rort the competition and should resign.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:41 am

Sad isn't it!
For the third year in a row we debate who we'd like to see in the GF, whilst our team doesn't get a look in; not even close; not even in the finals.
Ok, we have to do something to stave off boredom and barracking for another team temporarily gives us some interest.
For my part I didn't want Hawthorn to equal our record of 4 flags in a row.
Also, of course, I would always support a team that was playing against Carlton.
Apart from that it would be nice to see the Bulldogs win but hold on, they robbed us of Bontimpelli and put in a bid making us use pick #9 for Darcy Moore. Stuff them. I think I'll support GWS. Hold on, they ripped us to pieces with the Treloar deal. Stuff them, I think I'll support the Swans. Hold on, they robbed us of Nick Davis and Rhyce Shaw, both of whom helped them win the 2005 flag when they should've been helping us.Stuff them, I think I'll support Geelong. Hold on, they kicked our backsides in the last quarter of the 2011 GF. I think I'll support.......................................
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:35 am

I also think it will a COLA vs Fanta GF - refreshing if you will.

I'm glad it cant be a Pussies vs Bloods GF - that would just leave a bad taste in my mouth.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:38 am

ha ha
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:42 am

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
The AFL would love an all Sydney GF. There would still be close to a full house at the G and the TV audience would probably hit a record with many more than usual watching in from NSW.

As for the grumblings from Melbourne based teams - the AFL doesn't give a stuff.

I disagree. What motivation is there for Victorian, South Australia, Western Australia and Queenslanders to watch. The magic of the Bloods getting up is well past. Many see the Swans as having received unacceptable advantage via the cola payments. Many see GWS as Lazza and I do. They may have a big audience in Syndey but there will not be a lot of interest elsewhere

The GF crowd (if it is between Sydney and GWS) will be over 90,000 these days as the AFL will ensure the distribution of heaps of guest passes....... Rolling Eyes It's a given to save embarrassment, the usual AFL tricks that seem to fool most of the people most of the bloody time. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Lazza on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:43 am

Swans vs GWS will still be a sell-out. The competing clubs only get 15,000 tickets anyway, the other 70,000 don't barrack for either club. That's why the replay was better than the draw, real supporters were able to get a ticket. If it is an all Sydney final I'll be barracking for Heater.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:45 am

Cam wrote:
I gotta say stuff the cats and dogs as well. They were barracking against us when it was us vs Lions. And they let it be known.

and the rest of them... after 2010, I was 'gracious' shall we say, but the glee that every other club's supporters greeted the result 2011 made me make a pact with myself that if we ever climbed the mountain again, I will give it to every bastard in spades!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 am

London Dave wrote:
Cam wrote:
I gotta say stuff the cats and dogs as well. They were barracking against us when it was us vs Lions. And they let it be known.

and the rest of them... after 2010, I was 'gracious' shall we say, but the glee that every other club's supporters greeted the result 2011 made me make a pact with myself that if we ever climbed the mountain again, I will give it to every bastard in spades!

I could have written this!!

My sentiments to a tee LD. Spot on.

I too decided in 2011 to stuff the rest of the AFL just like I don't give a flying duck for the Scum, Essenscum, the scum from Moorabbin and the Brions... Mad Evil or Very Mad

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Lazza wrote:
London Dave wrote:
Cam wrote:

I could have written this!!

My sentiments to a tee LD. Spot on.

I too decided in 2011 to stuff the rest of the AFL just like I don't give a flying duck for the Scum, Essenscum, the scum from Moorabbin and the Brions... Mad Evil or Very Mad

Yep, other clubs don't give a tinkers cuss about us, never have, and by golly, as I said in my OP, the sledgers on here can sledge eddie all they like, but the fact is he sounded warning bells about the monlolith GWS would become a couple of years ago, he warned the other do nothing weak as cats piss Presidents, including that twit peter Gordon the dogs man. I wonder how Gordon will feel if his beloved doggies go down in a screaming heap v GWS, eddie tried to warn him and others on the endless concessions, but they didn't hear him, an now this. ! Serve the bastards right, the eight headed hydra is out of the bottle, and lord help the Melb based teams now, including our own. Exclamation Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Apparently GWS fans have only bought 6000 tickets to the Prelim final,while Bulldogs fans have bought 8000.This means that the Bulldogs will have more fans in Sydney than the home team.It just shows the appalling lack of support GWS has in Sydney.If they do make it to the Grand Final they will only have a tiny amount of support among the crowd,and it will definitely detract from the atmosphere on the day.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:54 pm

Had to laugh when I heard about no. of tickets sold for the game at Spotless.
So much for all the carry on about GWS playing at home and Bulldogs supporters missing out on tickets.

Prelim finals have a better atmosphere then the GF as more supporters of the game are there rather than the corporates who are only there for the free food & booze.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:20 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Apparently GWS fans have only bought 6000 tickets to the Prelim final,......

That's not unexpected, they rest of them got their tickets in the usual way, they were given the tickets for free by AFL.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:01 pm

The AFL GF has survived Brisbane v Port, survived Sydney v West Coast twice, an all interstate gf isn't an issue and it will still sell out

Anything beats another Geelong flag

Daniel Andrews may be cheering it on, with no interest then this public holiday might actually work in getting everyone out of town to holiday destinations for the long weekend, of course the city may become deserted!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Honesty, the nightmare GF is Carlton Vs Essendon.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:14 pm

duke750 wrote:
Apart from only 77,000 who saw Port beat Brisbane in 2004, the other 2 non Vic GFs between Sydney and West Coast both drew well over 90,000 and both were great games

To be fair, the crowd was lower than usual in 2003 and 2004 because it coincided with the re-development of the MCG in preparation of the Commonwealth Games that were held in Melbourne in 2006.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: