Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Straight sets!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

"it" being Way over value and he struggled to make their team?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:04 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I've been predicting all year that the Hawks would go out in straight sets. My only mistake was that I didn't think they would finish in the top 4, so they lasted one week more than I expected. They are now a team on the slide and will probably fall out of the 8 next season, along with North.

If they're aggressive in the offseason (and signs are they will be), I think a Geelong-like refresh is on the cards. They could still be good over the next few years, definitely still a chance of top 8, but it will be difficult for them to be great again.

Think of the following ins: Roughead, O'Meara, T.Mitchell let' s even throw in Vickery (he's a big upgrade on some of the bigs they've played this year). They could still be good.

Their advantage right now is they have a lot of players who are massively overrated. If they can turn decent role players like Breust and Puopolo into a genuine potential star in O'Meara and then use their first round pick on Mitchell that's a huge win. Even better if they traded other overrated players for Mitchell and kept their first pick. If they're aggressive at moving out a few guys in their mid 20s for quality young players, there's their chance at continued relevance.

Didn't they get like pick 15 for Jed Anderson? Way over value and he struggled to even make their team.

You could be right inky. FWIW, even though they are still obviously a chance to win the flag this year, I reckon the Cats are actually on the way down too. They have too many ageing stars and their younger players are not in the same class as the ones nearing their end. I also think they have become far too reliant on Dangerfield, much like the Swans have become reliant on Buddy. Still, a lot can happen between off seasons, so we'll find out soon enough.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Agree on the Cats and the future Hawks. They'll need some luck to build a team that is a real contender. Cats are only close this year because the top teams have not yet separated themselves from the pack. It's very even at the top but it won't stay that way as the younger teams develop.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Geelong created history by being the first team to lose to a non Victorian club in a GF and maight add to that record if GWS make it.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:20 pm

ronrat wrote:
Geelong created history by being the first team to lose to a non Victorian club in a GF and maight add to that record if GWS make it.

That would be three: 1992 WCE/1994 WCE/2016 GWS.
I could live with that, providing Scott's head explodes in the coaches box...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: