Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie McGuire fires back at Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:05 am
Post subject: Re: Eddie McGuire fires back at MelbourneReply with quote

3rd degree wrote:
Good to see Eddie give the toffs a spray after them mouthing off over their new sucession plan with ' Simple' Simon Goodwin .

How about a new club sticker MFC :" No Cup since 64"

So what was said?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Love how Ed complains about history being re written (re: the succession plan) then lists our achievements from 2008 prelim, premiership, grand final, prelim and then a "rebuild"??? I must have missed the announcement that we were in a f@cking rebuild mode from 2013 onward???

Pretty sure Pert, Ed and Bucks were talking finals every f@cking year to lure in members. Jesus they didn't even concede finals were a lost cause till like round 18 this year.

Talk about rewriting history. Now our president looks back at the last 4 seasons and just declares "oh the last 4 years don't matter we were in rebuild mode anyway"... WTF. What a rabble

I suspect that you miss quite a few things...

Quote:
11 Sep 2013 - Collingwood’s rebuild and rejuvenation underway

Since he took over the reins from a reluctant Mick Malthouse two seasons ago, Buckley has added some youngsters but generally persisted with many of the players who took Collingwood to the top of the mountain.
Now that the premiership window appears to have shut after three unimpressive wins and some poor losses in finals since 2010, Buckley has recognised he has to usher in a new era. - Dan Lonergan
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/09/11/collingwoods-rebuild-and-rejuvenation-underway/

Quote:
March 11, 2014
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has suggested the Magpies are 'rebuilding ' heading into their AFL season-opening clash with Fremantle at Etihad Stadium on Friday night.
http://sportal.com.au.gbprb.preprod.performgroup.com/afl/news/pies-in-the-sky-collingwood-in-rebuild-mode/1butugcy6ivi716c629x8pd4uz

Paying attention might've saved you a little heartburn.

This is what was said before the start of the 2014 season as reported by the age

Collingwood CEO Gary Pert predicts Pie flag within three years

Collingwood chief executive Gary Pert has heightened expectations at his powerful club, declaring the Magpies expect to win a premiership within the next three years.
Defending the club's decision to extend coach Nathan Buckley's contract until the end of 2016, Pert said it was important to have stability at the top, with football chief Rodney Eade also boasting a long-term deal.
"They have created a culture, they have created a list and team that we have very high expectations of,'' he said ahead of Collingwood's season-opening match against Fremantle on Friday night.
"I would suggest not only playing in finals for the next three years, but I would expect us to be top four and winning a premiership during that period of time.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-ceo-gary-pert-predicts-pie-flag-within-three-years-20140314-hviw8.html

I reckon he wasn't talking about rebuilding he was talking about that WINDOW!
We all pay attention Redlight.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Yeah, I suspect that Eddie didn't mean "rebuilding" in the football-jargon sense in that 2014 quote. But at the end of the day this is all just radio banter. I wouldn't listen to it, but if that's his job then he can say what he likes.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:18 pm

What's that got to do with She's a Carlton supporter ? ". " What do you do in your spare time?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:26 pm

roar wrote:
Again, Ed can't just stfu and get on with improving our club.

Peter Jackson should do the same, rather than worrying about other clubs maybe he should be focused on them getting out of debt and not relying on AFL handouts every year.

There was no need for either man to make comment about each others club, they should have handed over the coaching job and be done. They have nothing to open their mouths about, they haven't had success and they've needed AFL handouts to get the coach they had and to sack a coach.

Just comment on the future and leave other clubs alone, and then another club won't attack you back in this tit for tat crap.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:33 pm

The Prototype wrote:
roar wrote:
Again, Ed can't just stfu and get on with improving our club.

Peter Jackson should do the same, rather than worrying about other clubs maybe he should be focused on them getting out of debt and not relying on AFL handouts every year.

There was no need for either man to make comment about each others club, they should have handed over the coaching job and be done. They have nothing to open their mouths about, they haven't had success and they've needed AFL handouts to get the coach they had and to sack a coach.

Just comment on the future and leave other clubs alone, and then another club won't attack you back in this tit for tat crap.

A tale of two teams yes. Eddie is right in as much as Melbourne got dug out of a deep hole by the AFL.

Eddie also has to learn to accept criticism, As it stands he is the overseer of a succession plan that has been a utter failure...yes others will say "wait and see for 2017"....but wow...he had really better hope 2017 pans out as promised or will look the genuine fool he comes across as sometimes....no gaffs to mention.

How offten do you see Hawthorn's current president embroiled in tit for tat fights or coming and making stupid remarks?

Jeff said some dumb things yes, but hey, he was head of club that "talked the talk and walked the walk". Eddie is in charge of a team that has managed one premiership in his time in charge.

Last edited by derkd on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:45 pm

dread wrote:

A tale of two teams yes. Eddie is right in as much as Melbourne got dug out of a deep hole by the AFL.

Eddie also has to learn to accept criticism, As it stands he is the overseer of a succession plan that has been a utter failure...yes others will say "wait and see for 2017"....but wow...he had really better hope 2017 pans out as promised or will look the genuine fool he comes across as sometimes....no gaffs to mention.

How offten do you see Hawthorn's current president embroiled in tit for tat fights or coming and making stupid remarks?

Jeff said some dumb things yes, but hey, he was head of club that "talked the talk and walked the walk". Eddie is in charge of a team that has managed one premiership in his time in charge.

I am not saying Eddie was right in commenting back, or anything I am saying that both should shut up and focus on their own shit.

There was no need for Jackson to mention Collingwood, since his club has a lot of their own issues that I would suspect the fans would prefer he focus on rather than how Collingwood handled their succession plan. Eddie shouldn't bite back to some pleb who cannot keep his trap shut.

Both are as bad as each other, and I don't care that Collingwood has made errors or not, if you are going to do a big thing about changing coaches over, then do it without taking pot shots knowing that without a lot of handouts and concessions your club would be nothing.

The new coach hasnt even coached yet and they want to call it a successful handover? Just seemed a very odd time to make any type of comment. If you want to see a successful handover look at the Swans.

They have a right to crow about how their succession plan went, Melbourne just handed it over, nothing special has happened yet. Maybe if their new coach wins a flag he can take pot shots..

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:50 pm

NOW that is the Eddie I like!!!
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:09 pm

The Prototype wrote:
dread wrote:

I am not saying Eddie was right in commenting back, or anything I am saying that both should shut up and focus on their own shit.

There was no need for Jackson to mention Collingwood, since his club has a lot of their own issues that I would suspect the fans would prefer he focus on rather than how Collingwood handled their succession plan. Eddie shouldn't bite back to some pleb who cannot keep his trap shut.

Both are as bad as each other, and I don't care that Collingwood has made errors or not, if you are going to do a big thing about changing coaches over, then do it without taking pot shots knowing that without a lot of handouts and concessions your club would be nothing.

The new coach hasnt even coached yet and they want to call it a successful handover? Just seemed a very odd time to make any type of comment. If you want to see a successful handover look at the Swans.

They have a right to crow about how their succession plan went, Melbourne just handed it over, nothing special has happened yet. Maybe if their new coach wins a flag he can take pot shots..

Well said.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:10 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
NOW that is the Eddie I like!!!

lol which one? good microphone man or bad microphone man?

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 pm

thompsoc wrote:
mandy wrote:
Just stop gifting them the QB game every year and watch them STFU quick smart.

one of my big pet hates.
gifting MFC a home game every Queens birthday...Why????????

FFS. Seriously, how many times must it be said. At the 2014 members' forum Eddie answered this by saying we scratch their back, the AFL scratches ours (I.e. We germs a shitload of MCG games).

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
mandy wrote:

one of my big pet hates.

FFS. Seriously, how many times must it be said. At the 2014 members' forum Eddie answered this by saying we scratch their back, the AFL scratches ours (I.e. We germs a shitload of MCG games).

What pisses me off is that they use this game as their grand final.
Out comes their old stars parading around the ground before the game.
It is a shameless promotion every year.
I either do not attend this game or I turn up late.
My dislike of this arrangement has nothing to do with money.
It is how the MFC use this day.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
mandy wrote:

one of my big pet hates.

Second to your point is the reality is we do have to give and take....Are we suppose to live in la la land and assume we deserve home rights to all 22 rounds we play in the year?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:39 pm

derkd wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
mandy wrote:

one of my big pet hates.

Second to your point is the reality is we do have to give and take....Are we suppose to live in la la land and assume we deserve home rights to all 22 rounds we play in the year?

The equal thing to do is to rotate this day between the clubs.
Short of this get rid of the annual queens birthday footy match between us and them and give it to someone else.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:49 pm

thompsoc wrote:
derkd wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
mandy wrote:

one of my big pet hates.

The equal thing to do is to rotate this day between the clubs.
Short of this get rid of the annual queens birthday footy match between us and them and give it to someone else.

I have no issue with that idea. Only problem is we open the chatter then to ANZAC day. I can hear the chorus now of "They gave up Queens Birthday ...why not hand over ANZAC day too".

We do fairly well off our block buster games. Unless you want the AFL handing over more money to Melbourne then why not let them have that game and get back on their own two feet.

Yes Melbourne may well treat Queens Birthday as the "grand final" they never get too. It is Collingwood's job to meet that pressure and win the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: