Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Balme Joins Richmond | Official

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Hopefully he's stolen all of our match day secrets and passes them on to Hardwick so we can enjoy watching Richmond stay at the bottom of the ladder.

Beautiful. Smile
Best one-liner I've seen here all year. Mate, if I was still coaching Nick's Posting XXII, you'd be straight into the starting 18 with a bullet for that one. Well posted sir!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:12 pm

mattys123 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm bitterly disappointed that Balme is leaving, after being publicly shafted. He was a great mate of Bucks and a measured and calming influence in an environment full of alpha males. If the AFL ends up imposing a penalty on Allan for his role in the supposed 'drug test avoidance' incident at GWS, then we are well and truly stuffed.

Seriously **** me if our senior coach, who is supposed to be the ultimate alpha male (your words) of the lot needs bloody hand holding from someone like Balme.

There's not hand holding at Sydney, GWS, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs or Adelaide.

Balme isn't a loss at all, he's well past his past and if his only role was to cuddle Bucks every few days, then thanks for the Blackmore's injury lies Balmey and good riddance.

Sorry but I can't see how this hurts us as a club at all.

I think you underestimate the importance of having someone who can cut through all the jargon and statistical talk about structures and processes, and simply talk common sense. Balme is a very wise and level headed football manager, which is why he was pinched off us by the Cats several years ago, where he went on to oversee multiple Premiership success. That's why Eddie was so keen to bring him back 2 years ago. So let's not guild the lily, Balme's departure is a big loss to Collingwood.

Having said that, it's clear that Gubby Allan is one of the best in the business, so he is a great acquisition to our club. The mistake made by Eddie and Pert, was the sly way they manoeuvred Allan into the top job, after telling Balme and Hine that this would not happen. Trust, openness and honesty are elements of a culture hard to build up, but easy to destroy. Let's hope there is no lingering resentment and disappointment within our football club over the way this has all panned out.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm bitterly disappointed that Balme is leaving, after being publicly shafted. He was a great mate of Bucks and a measured and calming influence in an environment full of alpha males. If the AFL ends up imposing a penalty on Allan for his role in the supposed 'drug test avoidance' incident at GWS, then we are well and truly stuffed.

Seriously **** me if our senior coach, who is supposed to be the ultimate alpha male (your words) of the lot needs bloody hand holding from someone like Balme.

There's not hand holding at Sydney, GWS, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs or Adelaide.

Balme isn't a loss at all, he's well past his past and if his only role was to cuddle Bucks every few days, then thanks for the Blackmore's injury lies Balmey and good riddance.

Sorry but I can't see how this hurts us as a club at all.

I think you underestimate the importance of having someone who can cut through all the jargon and statistical talk about structures and processes, and simply talk common sense. Balme is a very wise and level headed football manager, which is why he was pinched off us by the Cats several years ago, where he went on to oversee multiple Premiership success. That's why Eddie was so keen to bring him back 2 years ago. So let's not guild the lily, Balme's departure is a big loss to Collingwood.

Having said that, it's clear that Gubby Allan is one of the best in the business, so he is a great acquisition to our club. The mistake made by Eddie and Pert, was the sly way they manoeuvred Allan into the top job, after telling Balme and Hine that this would not happen. Trust, openness and honesty are elements of a culture hard to build up, but easy to destroy. Let's hope there is no lingering resentment and disappointment within our football club over the way this has all panned out.

You overestimate Balmey, at the cats, bloody mickeymouse cojuld have overseen that power team, it was not he that recruited the likes of selwood, ablett, bartel, ling, mooney, scarlett, Hawkins etc. Balme was ok with us, but not vital, aside from reading the injury reports, and maybe support for Bucks, which goes with the job anyway. Hes a nice guy, but far from a vital cog with us, and hes sure going straight into the frying pan at his old club, hes really going to have to earn his pay there, with that disunited rabble going nowhere, with a coach neither Board wants,but cant afford to pay out now, that alone spells big trouble for poor ol Balmey. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:16 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Who's going to do the famous injury reports now?Somehow I can't see Gubby doing it.

Really doesn't need replacing, it was total & utter horseshit anyway. "Medium" & "long" term, meant "season", and "long term list" meant, "probably dead"
A simple written list, up to date & vaguely honest would be far better.

Balmey will be a little miffed as he was developing it into an hour-long TV show, & was in talks with Foxtel to make a "General Hospital" type soap. Unfortunately Buckley was injuring too many and the hour just wasn't long enough.

If this bullshit Ducks & Drakes crap by Ed & Pert upsets or costs us the one guy who IS doing a top job at Collingwood I swear I'm gonna shoot someone! Dekka was lied to about this, and if we lose him we might as well just give up and be a VFL side again.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: