Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lin Jong Episode V: "From Kennel to Coast"!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When the tall Swans forwards rip through the Dogs on Saturday, Cloke, for a short while, will look like the answer to their misery.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:18 pm

R_T_RUSH wrote:
When the tall Swans forwards rip through the Dogs on Saturday, Cloke, for a short while, will look like the answer to their misery.

I can't see how recruiting Cloke will be an appropriate response to a good game by Buddy
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:23 pm

I read today that Lin Jong is unlikely to make the team for the Grand Final. I can't help but hope this increases our chances of recruiting him. to be honest, I was unsure about how good he was until I saw his brilliant and heroic display in the Dogs VFL. I reckon he would fit straight into our best 22 and give us that extra bit of speed, run and carry we need. Along with Wells, this alone could help propel us into the top 8.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:53 pm

^^^ Or at least improve the VFL team's showing in the finals, if they get there next year.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:02 pm

R_T_RUSH wrote:

They can piss into the wind and let the urine blow back on em, for all the good he will do them. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:
Yes that option is there if required. But you & I are on the same page here I suspect. We don't have to get Clokes salary off our books when we just got Swanny's, Caff's & Tooves off it. Clokes would have dropped substantially if he stayed because he apparently didn't meet certain criteria as well. That is a hell of a lot of TPP savings right there. If we are moving Cloke on I'd say it has zero to do with getting his reduced wage off our books & more a case of lets see what we can get for him.

Yep, even the recent signings of Treloar and Howe wouldn't have pushed them beyond 95%.

We are looking to sign free agents though. This is why we'd like the extra space.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:59 am

In all honesty, he'd be nuts to leave the Dogs wouldn't he?

About to go into a GF, and even if they lose, the window should remain open for a few seasons yet. And he's getting a game so......

Why would you leave that for Gold Coast?

E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:29 am

Presti35 wrote:
In all honesty, he'd be nuts to leave the Dogs wouldn't he?

About to go into a GF, and even if they lose, the window should remain open for a few seasons yet. And he's getting a game so......

Why would you leave that for Gold Coast?

I thought he was running around in the twos this week......

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:39 am

You know what I mean E.

The Dogs are about to go into a GF and even if they lose, the window should remain open for a few seasons yet. And Jong's been getting a game so...... (Until his injury. And he might still get named tonight).

I just think he's crazy to consider the Suns who are bottom 6 material, or even our mob who dont look like winning any flags soon.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:17 am

People understand the concept of money, don't they? And earning a living? And Boyd being on $1M per year for another 5 years? And the Dogs' cap being stretched to breaking point? Cool, just checking...
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:35 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I read today that Lin Jong is unlikely to make the team for the Grand Final. I can't help but hope this increases our chances of recruiting him. to be honest, I was unsure about how good he was until I saw his brilliant and heroic display in the Dogs VFL. I reckon he would fit straight into our best 22 and give us that extra bit of speed, run and carry we need. Along with Wells, this alone could help propel us into the top 8.

It may help, they were going OK when he toured the Holden Centre anyway, from memory he was still playing in their seniors.

He may just have driven his price up a little in recent weeks.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:35 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
woftam wrote:
Yes that option is there if required. But you & I are on the same page here I suspect. We don't have to get Clokes salary off our books when we just got Swanny's, Caff's & Tooves off it. Clokes would have dropped substantially if he stayed because he apparently didn't meet certain criteria as well. That is a hell of a lot of TPP savings right there. If we are moving Cloke on I'd say it has zero to do with getting his reduced wage off our books & more a case of lets see what we can get for him.

Yep, even the recent signings of Treloar and Howe wouldn't have pushed them beyond 95%.

We are looking to sign free agents though. This is why we'd like the extra space.

Liking and needing are two different things. It's likely that we'll need somewhere between $800k-$1m to sign both Mayne and Wells and we'll have more than enough capacity already with the underspend and the departing players announced to date. Just the wages of Swanny, Tooves and Macaffer would be more than that.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:52 am

He wasn't getting a game until the Holden Centre story then boom, straight in and not out until injured. Shows me that they have some interchangeable parts at the Whitten oval, and that Jong obviously is fine to play the role he is picked for. I mean there system probably has 10 people playing the same kind of role as him, gut run both directions, handball, kick accurately sidewards, short ahead or low inside 50. He also goes third man up sometimes.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:21 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Straight in to Marley Williams spot who "Hopefully"will be enjoying a one way bus journey to the weegals home.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:44 am

mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Straight in to Marley Williams spot who "Hopefully"will be enjoying a one way bus journey to the weegals home.

Word is he wants to go to Richmond.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: