Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lin Jong Episode V: "From Kennel to Coast"!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He got the Medal. Unfortunately, his arms fell off when they tried to shake his hand.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Might just have played himself into an AFL flag and out of a trade...
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:52 pm

MagpieBat wrote:

He was magnificent today, especially after that thug and dud player, Dunn, tried to smash his shoulder at the 1st quarter break.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:56 pm

MagpieBat wrote:

Could

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:48 am

RudeBoy wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

He was magnificent today, especially after that thug and dud player, Dunn, tried to smash his shoulder at the 1st quarter break.

Very clever from the Dogs. They strapped his good shoulder!!

npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:13 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Fatui Attata wrote:
But yeah, since last GF...

Richmond 34 yrs
Melb 16 yrs

Carlton 17 yrs

Carlton - 29 years since last flag. (1995 doesn't count as they were caught cheating on the salary cap and the AFL didn't have the guts to take the flag off them.)

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:47 am

Been watching him with extra interest since his tour of the Holden Centre and he's better than I thought. His disposal is nowhere near as bad as some suggest and his contested marking and contested work are very good. Played an absolute ripper game yesterday.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 am

jackcass wrote:
Been watching him with extra interest since his tour of the Holden Centre and he better than I thought. His disposal is nowhere near as bad as some suggest and his contested marking and contested work are very good. Played an absolute ripper game yesterday.

Yeah, I too thought he killed it yesterday. Very impressed indeed.

To my thinking, this is where Coillingwood need to play hard ball with Footscray. They cant have Cloke in return for a dud player or just a bloody third rounder. No way known. Shocked In that case, we should keep Cloke in black and white colours.
We need a really decent player in return. If not Jong, Dale with a third rounder. Nothing less. Evil or Very Mad Mad

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:22 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Been watching him with extra interest since his tour of the Holden Centre and he better than I thought. His disposal is nowhere near as bad as some suggest and his contested marking and contested work are very good. Played an absolute ripper game yesterday.

To my thinking, this is where Coillingwood need to play hard ball with Footscray. They cant have Cloke in return for a dud player or just a bloody third rounder. No way known. Shocked In that case, we should keep Cloke in black and white colours.
We need a really decent player in return. If not Jong, Dale with a third rounder. Nothing less. Evil or Very Mad Mad

What you're forgetting is that the Dogs don't really need Cloke. They are not desperate to get him. The fact is we are the one's who are desperate to get him off our books, so we can open up around $500,000 on our salary cap. The word is that we will probably just get a token draft swap - 3rd or even 4th round pick.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

What you're forgetting is that the Dogs don't really need Cloke. They are not desperate to get him. The fact is we are the one's who are desperate to get him off our books, so we can open up around $500,000 on our salary cap. The word is that we will probably just get a token draft swap - 3rd or even 4th round pick.

That isn't fact. That is media speculation. Why would we need to be so desperate to get Clokes $500,000 off our books this year? We aren't gunning for a Treloar or Wright etc this year. So if we don't get reasonable compensation by way of draft pick, we can make him play here in 2017. His money would definitely be off the books the following year when we want it to make a play for someone younger.

He is contracted afterall. I reckon Gubby & Hine will be shooting for a bit more then a 4th rounder for Cloke & I wont be listening to the likes of Stevens (Dog supporter) or Robbo (Pie Hater) tell me what is fair compensation.

"The dogs don't need Cloke" Again I strongly disagree here.

He will be the only one to take a contested grab in their forward line & will get the opposition best defender every single week. That will take huge pressure off the likes of Boyd & Crameri. There is an attempted media con going on here & I'm sure our guys aren't buying any of it unlike our supporters.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:13 pm

woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

That isn't fact. That is media speculation. Why would we need to be so desperate to get Clokes $500,000 off our books this year? We aren't gunning for a Treloar or Wright etc this year. So if we don't get reasonable compensation by way of draft pick, we can make him play here in 2017. His money would definitely be off the books the following year when we want it to make a play for someone younger.

He is contracted afterall. I reckon Gubby & Hine will be shooting for a bit more then a 4th rounder for Cloke & I wont be listening to the likes of Stevens (Dog supporter) or Robbo (Pie Hater) tell me what is fair compensation.

He will be the only one to take a contested grab in their forward line & will get the opposition best defender every single week. That will take huge pressure off the likes of Boyd & Crameri. There is an attempted media con going on here & I'm sure our guys aren't buying any of it unlike our supporters.

I'd suggest Wells will be on around $500,000.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

and...

It will be interesting to see the financials when they are released but I'd doubt that we're too far over our required minimum of 95% SC. On top of that we've already lost Swan, Macaffer and Tooves which frees up further SC space, more than enough to cater to Wells, Mayne and WHE if they're coming. Trading Cloke only becomes an imperative if we're into some other player like a Marchbank but if we're only about 95% this year and Cloke stays we do have the option under the new rules of spending 105% in 2017.
woftam Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

I'd suggest we aren't even close to having a full cap. Probably 95% & keeping a war chest available for class players next trade season.
woftam Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
woftam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

and...

It will be interesting to see the financials when they are released but I'd doubt that we're too far over our required minimum of 95% SC. On top of that we've already lost Swan, Macaffer and Tooves which frees up further SC space, more than enough to cater to Wells, Mayne and WHE if they're coming. Trading Cloke only becomes an imperative if we're into some other player like a Marchbank but if we're only about 95% this year and Cloke stays we do have the option under the new rules of spending 105% in 2017.

Yes that option is there if required. But you & I are on the same page here I suspect. We don't have to get Clokes salary off our books when we just got Swanny's, Caff's & Tooves off it. Clokes would have dropped substantially if he stayed because he apparently didn't meet certain criteria as well. That is a hell of a lot of TPP savings right there. If we are moving Cloke on I'd say it has zero to do with getting his reduced wage off our books & more a case of lets see what we can get for him.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

I absolutely fully concur, ante up dogs, or go and get stuffed, no questions asked. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: