Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#16 Chris Mayne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
He is a tackling machine. This is why we're after him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOMOxBfraY

So he's Blair v2.0?

But Taller. Blair is very much on Small Side and Mayne has way more Versatility

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:22 pm

bally12 wrote:
Dpn't like this player at all. In none of those clips is he running fast, jumping high, kicking on the run at speed, using vision, or showing good decision-making. What the hell are they thinking down there? He doesn't even have a good kicking action. Seriously are we that dumb as a club? Bucks, you need to put the stat sheet away and get a grip.

You got that from about a Minutes Highlights that was Showing just his Tackling Rolling Eyes ?

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Dpn't like this player at all. In none of those clips is he running fast, jumping high, kicking on the run at speed, using vision, or showing good decision-making. What the hell are they thinking down there? He doesn't even have a good kicking action. Seriously are we that dumb as a club? Bucks, you need to put the stat sheet away and get a grip.

You got that from about a Minutes Highlights that was Showing just his Tackling Rolling Eyes ?

Even his tackling looked like it was in slow motion.
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Quality player and person. I can see Mayney with his honest work ethic fitting in well under Bucks. I'll be glad to see him in black and white. A good consistent performer of Chris' age can make a big difference. Jeremy Howe was a fantastic steadying influence in defence for us in 2016.

At least when he spends his money in Victoria he knows his GST is staying there, that's a unique experience for any west aussie Shocked

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Chris Pelchen seems surprised at the choice of Mayne:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tonight/list-guru-chris-pelchen-is-surprised-collingwood-is-so-keen-to-acquire-fremantle-forward-chris-mayne/news-story/34dbbcdc1200c0331166cf74a121879e

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in our recruiting department to understand their rationale for considering Mayne.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:47 pm

bally12 wrote:

There is a tape going round where he is running fast and jumping high. I never actually knew he had a leap but he does. The tape was from 2012 so who knows if he still has it in him, but it was impressive, full of big leaps and chase down tackles.

Tubewayarmy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Let's just ease up on him, reckon Bucks and his team understand him better than we do.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Tubewayarmy wrote:
Let's just ease up on him, reckon Bucks and his team understand him better than we do.

Good call. As I posted yesterday, I believe he will be very good for us.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:47 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
bally12 wrote:

There is a tape going round where he is running fast and jumping high. I never actually knew he had a leap but he does. The tape was from 2012 so who knows if he still has it in him, but it was impressive, full of big leaps and chase down tackles.

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNlOjuH-mj4

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 pm

I recall many calling Varcoe a dud and "what is the club thinking" when he was drafted. Firstly let's wait for the official signing and then let's see how he goes.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
I recall many calling Varcoe a dud and "what is the club thinking" when he was drafted. Firstly let's wait for the official signing and then let's see how he goes.

Happens a Bit. A player when Signed is a Called a "Super Dud" then Proves people wrong.

At least give Mayne a Chance to play 1st

Rush Stand Wing 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:19 pm

He is expected to give us his average over 172 games where he rarely misses with injury. He averages 13 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles and 1 goal every game. Oh and 64.5% goal efficiency. I cant think of anyone on our books who has these numbers over the past 4-5 year journey. That may have something to do with the decision, go figure.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
bally12 wrote:

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNlOjuH-mj4

Ok..that made me feel a bit better. Maybe went a bit hard on him. I'm still not convinced and I don't like his kicking style. Happy for him to prove me wrong if we get him.
think better 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:35 am

He is a bit of a sneaky tackler - manages to arrive just when they think they are clear
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Johnno75 wrote:

I recall many were complaining that he was soft, and all that at the time I didn't care if he was soft as long as he could get and use the ball. But boy did he turn into a beaut and a tackling machine at the club.

So I agree with you. Give him the chance to prove himself, if he fails there wasnt anything lost as he was a free agent.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 19 of 27   

Jump to: