Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#16 Chris Mayne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
If Mitch Brown is coming I don't think we will lose Nate.

We certainly don't need both the Brown twins. Mitch would end up playing VFL most of the year.
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:06 am

Cam wrote:

Agreed.

Therefore in terms of key position defenders we'll have

Reid
Brown N
Brown M
Keefe
Frost

One of Keefe or Frost will go, I suspect it's Frosty
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:54 am

themonk wrote:
Cam wrote:

Agreed.

Reid
Brown N
Brown M
Keefe
Frost

If Mitch is coming, Frost is going.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:42 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Ok, Let's do the Hawks:

KPF: Roughead
KBP: Frawley

The game is changing. Talls aren't as important as they used to be. We can make finals without any change to our KPP stocks. I expect we will add one somehow, certainly if either Frost or Brown are let go, but there's no desperate need.

The game is changing but it seems to me that talls will remain important if they are the right sort of talls. The big lumbering talls like Cloke, Boyd (the Giants saw the Dogs coming on that deal), Patton and Hawkins seem to be living on borrowed time as forwards. On the other hand, if you are tall and mobile and agile (eg. Nick Riewoldt and Darcy Moore) then you can name your own price.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:46 am

Culprit wrote:
themonk wrote:
Cam wrote:

Agreed.

Reid
Brown N
Brown M
Keefe
Frost

Sounds very much like cooking items! Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:32 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

The game is changing. Talls aren't as important as they used to be. We can make finals without any change to our KPP stocks. I expect we will add one somehow, certainly if either Frost or Brown are let go, but there's no desperate need.

The key is tall and MOBILE. Still need players who can take an overhead mark, run into space to receive the pass and defend space by running back to defend. The trouble with Cloke was that he wasn't running into space or defending space to help the defenders, therefore ultimately he became a liability to the side. White had the same problem. Kicking 2 goals a game didn't save him from being dropped. The big difference between the two was that White adapted his game to the rest of the team in the the second half of the season. He stilled kicked his 2 goals a game, but he also helped out his teammates and thus saved his career. Cloke didn't adapt and thus lost his position.

You still need big men in the game. If we don't replace Cloke, Brown, Witts, Gault and Wyatt next season, we are in serious trouble. I'm sure Buckley and Hine realise that and are working feverishly to find replacements. The upside to all this is that none of the players on the above list contributed much to our 2016 season. We therefore don't need to find another A grader like Moore to add to the list. I'd be happy to slot any of the following players onto our list in Stewart, Mitch Brown, Sam Reid and even Maric to replace Witts, if he's leaving. We should even look at the talls on our VFL list to assist until we have a first round draft pick in the 2017 draft.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:23 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
The game is changing but it seems to me that talls will remain important if they are the right sort of talls. The big lumbering talls like Cloke, Boyd, Patton and Hawkins seem to be living on borrowed time as forwards. On the other hand, if you are tall and mobile and agile (eg. Nick Riewoldt and Darcy Moore) then you can name your own price.

Not sure i would lump Patton amongst the lumbering talls...
Both he and Boyd are still alive in 2017, so we will see what sort of mobility they bring to the contest this weekend.
Even Hawkins is a chance to turn back the clock against the pink ducks.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:29 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

The key is tall and MOBILE. Still need players who can take an overhead mark, run into space to receive the pass and defend space by running back to defend. The trouble with Cloke was that he wasn't running into space or defending space to help the defenders, therefore ultimately he became a liability to the side. White had the same problem. Kicking 2 goals a game didn't save him from being dropped. The big difference between the two was that White adapted his game to the rest of the team in the the second half of the season. He stilled kicked his 2 goals a game, but he also helped out his teammates and thus saved his career. Cloke didn't adapt and thus lost his position.

You still need big men in the game. If we don't replace Cloke, Brown, Witts, Gault and Wyatt next season, we are in serious trouble. I'm sure Buckley and Hine realise that and are working feverishly to find replacements. The upside to all this is that none of the players on the above list contributed much to our 2016 season. We therefore don't need to find another A grader like Moore to add to the list. I'd be happy to slot any of the following players onto our list in Stewart, Mitch Brown, Sam Reid and even Maric to replace Witts, if he's leaving. We should even look at the talls on our VFL list to assist until we have a first round draft pick in the 2017 draft.

We'll definitely pick up a couple of talls, especially if Frost or Brown are out. Not sure if we'll get one that will be best 22 though. What we have currently is fine, there are many teams with less on either line. I'll mention here the forgotten man as well: Marsh at 194cm he is a KPP, definitely so in the modern game.

You're right you do require lead up players, but those can just as easily be mediums: ie. Mayne, Howe. You need targets but they don't have to be able to take huge contested marks, the numbers on those keep falling - Hawks have no one that can do it. Those who take them almost always are a liability for defensive pressure and work rate around the field. A smaller more complete player who is at least able to compete in contested marking situations has become more valuable.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:56 am

I can't believe that Collingwood would be looking at losing its only experienced, big-bodied defender (Nathan Brown) and trading another in Jack Frost. What do we get in return? Lachie Keeffe? Perhaps, but he hasn't played in two years and his decision making was suspect in my opinion. This leads me to suspect Collingwood has something in mind. I hope we have something in mind that is being kept under wraps. Surely we do?
E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:08 am

Culprit wrote:
themonk wrote:
Cam wrote:

Agreed.

Reid
Brown N
Brown M
Keefe
Frost

I have no idea how good Mitch is, but I know he was injury prone.

Hopefully one of them can be fit at any given time.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:07 am

Where are people hearing that Mitch Brown is coming over??

Surly thats not going to happen.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 am

Presti35 wrote:
Where are people hearing that Mitch Brown is coming over??

Surly thats not going to happen.

Pure speculation at this stage, but given he's a free agent and hasn't signed an extension to his contract yet, he's available.

Buckenara in his list analysis of Collingwood in the Herald-Sun suggests he would be a good pick up to join his brother.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:35 am

^^As above. All these player movements at every club are mostly speculation and in a democracy we have the right to discuss and speculate on speculation. This is what you do when your football team is no longer playing.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:21 am

Would be great to have the Brown twins! If we lose one mid game, we can trot him down to the rooms and pop his jumper on his brother and trot him back out again...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:53 am

E wrote:
Culprit wrote:
themonk wrote:
Cam wrote:

Agreed.

Reid
Brown N
Brown M
Keefe
Frost

I have no idea how good Mitch is, but I know he was injury prone.

Hopefully one of them can be fit at any given time.

Can we hide the fact that we have both and just play the 1 that's fit under the name Nathan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 14 of 27   

Jump to: