Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gubby Allan to raid Roos Players

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
There are three we'd be interested in.

(1) Drew Petrie. Reliable forward of quality. Also an excellent clubman and a good influence around the younger players. Has minus one year of quality footy left in him. If you want Petrie, the time to get him was 2013 for a two year contract. Been barely worth his place in the side in 2016. Stick a fork in him.

(2) Dal Santo. Probably has a year left in him, possibly two. A wonderful kick, you'd love his delivery off half-back. But not going to be a major contributor and I'm not sure we can afford to slip him in at the expense of a more capable genuine defender such as Ramsay, Maynard, or Berg. Berg and Ramsay can kick pretty well too, and while Maynard has horrendous brain-fade moments now and then, these will slowly disappear from his game as he gains experience. In short, it's hard to fit dal Santo into our 22.

(3) Boomer. A quality finisher who gets his own ball. Still one of Norf's best four or five players. You'd be crazy to walk past this goal kicker when you never, ever know if we are going to get one, two, or none of Fasolo and Elliott - our only two capable small forwards.

Sign Boomer for 12 months. If Elliott and Faz are both fit (og happy day!), he can play in the seconds or - wtf? - play forward and kick goals just as he always does. Think about it:

HF: Harvey, Moore, Fasolo
F: White, Cox, Elliot

That's a pretty tasty line-up!
Have to agree Tannin (Don't choke). Razz

Harvey should be also seen as an addition to the coaching department.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:27 am

piepower wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Boomer = Blair maybe??
FWIW (probably not much), I totally agree with your overall comments for just once in my bloody life Daz.
This is a rediculous situation but I keep saying to myself that it is all pure speculation, at least at this early stage... Rolling Eyes

Yes, I know Laz, but I was saying the same thing before we drafted S Buckley, Lynch, Russell, Young etc... if in doubt, go to the draft!

I was quite pleased when we drafted Scott Russell.
It was Carlton's Jordan Russell. Not Scotty.

I knew that but sometimes I just can't help being a smart arse.I didn't expect that anyone would take my comment seriously. Which emoticon should I match with my next smart arse comment ? I would have referred to Tony Russell but he was pre draft and not many here would remember him anyway. I also rejected referring to David Young for the same reason.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:51 am

Petrie and Firrito should go to Brisbane.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:18 am

Culprit wrote:
Have to agree Tannin (Don't choke). Razz

Harvey should be also seen as an addition to the coaching department.

I had that idea when discussing this with others, I think that he has a lot of valuable knowledge to pass onto the youth of the 'Pies so I cannot see him being a bad signing.

Even if we got two seasons out of him at AFL level, and gave him one at VFL level as a playing catch ala Ben Hudson, and what we're meant to be doing with Maric it could work out.

But I would be giving him a development role, and also perhaps when he isn't playing having him mentoring the younger players on gameday at the ground. Giving them valuable information.

It would be something I'd do.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: