Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gubby Allan to raid Roos Players

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Boomer = Blair maybe??
FWIW (probably not much), I totally agree with your overall comments for just once in my bloody life Daz.
This is a rediculous situation but I keep saying to myself that it is all pure speculation, at least at this early stage... Rolling Eyes

Yes, I know Laz, but I was saying the same thing before we drafted S Buckley, Lynch, Russell, Young etc... if in doubt, go to the draft!

I was quite pleased when we drafted Scott Russell.

I was displeased when we drafted Kym

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Culprit wrote:
When they are signed, sealed and delivered I will believe it. There are a lot of people that post this shit and it's usually called SPAM. Somehow because the season is over it's gospel.

My mail on the 4 players boning 24 hours out proved to be correct so sit tight Culprit!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Mugwump wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:
Stopgap measures, but as Thompson said, Boomer for Blair, why not. Dal Santo? Nah, prefer we have enough young mids running around that need gametime. Prefer Wills or Phillips.

Blair actually gives us much more tackling power in our forward line than Boomer would. If we go for any of these guys it will set us back big time. We need to back in players like Ramsay, Schazza, Wills, Aish, Phillips and Crocker.

The voice of sanity.

We have a lot of youth already and I could see Boomer/DalSanto and Blair playing forward, with Boomer taking the role (not the quality, but the role) that Swan was tagged for at the start of 2016. For a year, as a bridge to the development of our young side, I can see positives.

Definitely see the value in us signing a player over 30: we have none! I don't think Harvey, at 39, is the right option. Let's also consider that if he were the great role model and club man we want, North might be keeping him. Can't believe they're not, but there has been talk he's not seen internally like he is from the outside.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:02 pm

thompsoc wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:
Stopgap measures, but as Thompson said, Boomer for Blair, why not. Dal Santo? Nah, prefer we have enough young mids running around that need gametime. Prefer Wills or Phillips.

Blair actually gives us much more tackling power in our forward line than Boomer would. If we go for any of these guys it will set us back big time. We need to back in players like Ramsay, Schazza, Wills, Aish, Phillips and Crocker.

So Rudeboy when was the last time did you see Blair chase down a player and tackle him?
When was the last time did you see Blair stick a tackle when the opposition had the ball and were running full on past him?
It is true Blair can stick a good tackle in a pack.
But 1 out of 3 don't make him a good tackler.
As I said, Boomer has 34 goals this year and Blair has 15 and Boomer spent a lot more time in the midfield.
I do agree with your point on setting back the development of certain kids.

Blair has the world "bluffed" about his 1 percenters. In societal terms he is a "footballing liar".

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:25 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Culprit wrote:
When they are signed, sealed and delivered I will believe it. There are a lot of people that post this shit and it's usually called SPAM. Somehow because the season is over it's gospel.

My mail on the 4 players boning 24 hours out proved to be correct so sit tight Culprit!

I'm not going to argue with your mail, I just hope we don't do it. It's a backward step IMHO. Get mature players in to top up when our GF window is open, like in 2010, not now.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:

The voice of sanity.

We have a lot of youth already and I could see Boomer/DalSanto and Blair playing forward, with Boomer taking the role (not the quality, but the role) that Swan was tagged for at the start of 2016. For a year, as a bridge to the development of our young side, I can see positives.

Mate. We're not playing in next year's grand final, so why do you want Boomer?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:

The voice of sanity.

I just want to win more games of football, reach finals and be in contention again. We have got the youth.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:44 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Cam wrote:

The voice of sanity.

I just want to win more games of football, reach finals and be in contention again. We have got the youth.

Absolutely; the kids can learn from Harvey - work ethic, mental toughness, front and square at the drop of the ball. Money for jam stuff.
All there for the taking, unless Scott reneges on his threat, that is...

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Said it many times, trade for Aaron Mullett and then leave North alone.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:04 pm

Presti35 wrote:

You don't want Mullett and Maric do you?

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:18 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

You don't want Mullett and Maric do you?

Laughing

Maric will be 31 at round one. Reckon we could get 30 games out of him? (Or should I say need?)

Stick with just Aaron Mullett for now. Wink

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:37 pm

Someone close to NM was noting to me that Boomer was Top 3 for running forward but his GPS was No 17 for running back to defence.
They couldn't support that type of player any longer and realise they need to reboot.

Brad Scott has already knocked Qld coaching and re-signed with North. They reckon he's got 2x Prelims out of a list which isn't that great and he deserves a shot at the rebuild. I can't argue with that logic.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Gubby Allan to raid Roos PlayersReply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
3. Wells has only been offered a "non negotiable 1 year deal in 2017 with no triggers for 2018 plus a pay decrease on his recent $550,000 a year deal

Roos have upped the ante to keep him...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-08/kangaroos-desperate-to-keep-star-daniel-wells-with-improved-offer

Wells is the one I would be interested in getting and it's not surprising NM want to keep him.

There's a good reason players get delisted and Scott is no fool. We need to stay well clear of the four delisted NM players.

Like we did with Levi Greenwood who was out of contract?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:06 pm

What is There's a good reason players get delisted and Scott?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:12 pm
Post subject: Re: Gubby Allan to raid Roos PlayersReply with quote

Lazza wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
3. Wells has only been offered a "non negotiable 1 year deal in 2017 with no triggers for 2018 plus a pay decrease on his recent $550,000 a year deal

Roos have upped the ante to keep him...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-08/kangaroos-desperate-to-keep-star-daniel-wells-with-improved-offer

Wells is the one I would be interested in getting and it's not surprising NM want to keep him.

There's a good reason players get delisted and Scott is no fool. We need to stay well clear of the four delisted NM players.

Like we did with Levi Greenwood who was out of contract?

Levi Greenwood was 26 at the time and coming off his existing contract which NM wanted to renew. No complaints there but it did lead to the demise of Macaffer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: