Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gubby Allan to raid Roos Players

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
It's pretty clear that our period of "constant regeneration" is over.

Allan has come in and said enough is enough, target whoever we can get through free agency and trades, regardless of age.

You can pick up as many FA's as you want, as long as you have cap room, and we have plenty of that.

I'll sit back and let Gubby do his work, can't be worse than what's happened in the last 5 off seasons.

prior to gubby allan coming in, those at the club have said as much. we have the core of our list. we're adding the polish.

Simply put it's time to stop pussy footing around and bring us back to a point where winning games of football is all that matters.

At times over the past few years we've been more concerned with development of our kids at times rather than picking the absolute best 22 senior players to win games.

Looks like 2017 will bring us back to that, where the aim every week will be to win, not just develop.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:12 pm

mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

Allan has come in and said enough is enough, target whoever we can get through free agency and trades, regardless of age.

You can pick up as many FA's as you want, as long as you have cap room, and we have plenty of that.

I'll sit back and let Gubby do his work, can't be worse than what's happened in the last 5 off seasons.

prior to gubby allan coming in, those at the club have said as much. we have the core of our list. we're adding the polish.

Simply put it's time to stop pussy footing around and bring us back to a point where winning games of football is all that matters.

At times over the past few years we've been more concerned with development of our kids at times rather than picking the absolute best 22 senior players to win games.

Looks like 2017 will bring us back to that, where the aim every week will be to win, not just develop.

But you'd like to think we've exposed our developing players to the stage where that is more likely anyway and to me the recruitment of these old types merely denies opportunity to the kids when it is critical that just the opposite occurs.

As a comparison, DS's 2016 is not that different to Jack Crisp...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=13&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=370&pid2=3738&fid1=S&fid2=S

I know who I'd rather get games into.

Drew Petrie is behind Jesse White...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=13&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=153&pid2=1793&fid1=S&fid2=S

Wells is behind Adams...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=13&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=398&pid2=3651&fid1=S&fid2=S

Harvey is the only 1 we don't have a 2016 like for like comparison but it is likely we'll draft Daicos and Brown who'll develop into the role and I'd rather get more exposure into Crocker than waste a year on Harvey.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:17 pm

jackcass wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

But you'd like to think we've exposed our developing players to the stage where that is more likely anyway and to me the recruitment of these old types merely denies opportunity to the kids when it is critical that just the opposite occurs.

As a comparison, DS's 2016 is not that different to Jack Crisp...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=13&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=370&pid2=3738&fid1=S&fid2=S

I know who I'd rather get games into.

Drew Petrie is behind Jesse White...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=13&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=153&pid2=1793&fid1=S&fid2=S

Wells is behind Adams...

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=13&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=398&pid2=3651&fid1=S&fid2=S

Harvey is the only 1 we don't have a 2016 like for like comparison but it is likely we'll draft Daicos and Brown who'll develop into the role and I'd rather get more exposure into Crocker than waste a year on Harvey.

Boomer = Blair maybe??
FWIW (probably not much), I totally agree with your overall comments for just once in my bloody life Daz.
This is a rediculous situation but I keep saying to myself that it is all pure speculation, at least at this early stage... Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Lazza wrote:
Boomer = Blair maybe??
FWIW (probably not much), I totally agree with your overall comments for just once in my bloody life Daz.
This is a rediculous situation but I keep saying to myself that it is all pure speculation, at least at this early stage... Rolling Eyes

Yes, I know Laz, but I was saying the same thing before we drafted S Buckley, Lynch, Russell, Young etc... if in doubt, go to the draft!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:27 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Boomer = Blair maybe??

Yes, I know Laz, but I was saying the same thing before we drafted S Buckley, Lynch, Russell, Young etc... if in doubt, go to the draft!

FMD!!

True!!

I agree with you again...... Shocked Shocked

mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:29 pm

leonmagic wrote:
Not really sure why we'd bother with either Dal Santo or Wells, but I agree that free agents are worth rolling the dice for without having a heart attack. Nothing lost, hopefully something gained.

Totally agree LM!!! Why would you want those "Coming off half back"when we will have Maynard and Ramsay ROARING off half back?? Throw in Sinclair and Williams??? and you'd have to ask REALLY????
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:31 pm
Post subject: Re: Gubby Allan to raid Roos PlayersReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
3. Wells has only been offered a "non negotiable 1 year deal in 2017 with no triggers for 2018 plus a pay decrease on his recent $550,000 a year deal

Roos have upped the ante to keep him...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-08/kangaroos-desperate-to-keep-star-daniel-wells-with-improved-offer

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Boomer = Blair maybe??

I was quite pleased when we drafted Scott Russell.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:58 pm
Post subject: Re: Gubby Allan to raid Roos PlayersReply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
3. Wells has only been offered a "non negotiable 1 year deal in 2017 with no triggers for 2018 plus a pay decrease on his recent $550,000 a year deal

Roos have upped the ante to keep him...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-08/kangaroos-desperate-to-keep-star-daniel-wells-with-improved-offer

Wells is the one I would be interested in getting and it's not surprising NM want to keep him.

There's a good reason players get delisted and Scott is no fool. We need to stay well clear of the four delisted NM players.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:11 pm

If the rumour mill is accurate Scott is not very highly thought of by the playing group even more so after the way they handled the retiring of the 4 players. Up here they are saying the lions are interested in him as head coach (Ratten looks likely to stay at the Hawks and they are against an untried coach)
Don't be surprised if he gets the blessing of north Melbourne to return to Qld and help the lions out !
Jpies 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Report today that we are chasing Dal Santo and have already made an offer: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/nick-dal-santo-receives-offers-to-play-on-kevin-sheedy-approached-by-richmond--afl-media-watch/news-story/c32dd84cce9cb2f929497704f04fb0ab

I wouldn't be opposed to it if we aren't overpaying... He's played quite well recently (from what I understand) in a side that has made finals.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:26 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
If the rumour mill is accurate Scott is not very highly thought of by the playing group even more so after the way they handled the retiring of the 4 players. Up here they are saying the lions are interested in him as head coach (Ratten looks likely to stay at the Hawks and they are against an untried coach)
Don't be surprised if he gets the blessing of north Melbourne to return to Qld and help the lions out !

You take that with a grain of salt. Like a section of people here saying during the season that a group of senior players had fallen out with Buckley.

It's neither here nor there what a few people (players?) think of the coach. It only matters that the coach maintains the respect of the playing group. Players complain all the time about training loads and not getting selected in the senior team.

The people who matter (respected coaches and senior players and ex-players) all say that the Scott brothers are fine coaches.

Last edited by MatthewBoydFanClub on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Can you speak any foreign languages?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:44 pm

I don't want any of them.

Too old or crocks.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:01 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Boomer = Blair maybe??

I was quite pleased when we drafted Scott Russell.

Laughing not quite who I had in mind... Scotty Russell was a gun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: