Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
2nd Preliminary Final - Collingwood vs Footscray

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> VFL Magpies
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stui magpie 

suge min pikk


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Where ever i go, there I am

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Witts is the most useless ruckman I have ever witnessed. Including Richards.


How come Cox never got a gig today ?


Not eligible. Needed to play 1 more VFL game I think.


Out of interest, hypothetically, had Cloke played in this game, I wonder if all and sundry would be up him as well, and telling him to change jumpers at 3/4-time when the result was a forgone conclusion?


The way we put the ball forward, Carey and Daicos at their peak would have struggled, so highly likely.

_________________
I'd like to apologise to anyone I haven't offended yet. Be patient, I'm working through a list. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if it disagrees with mine, it's wrong.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!


Joined: 04 Sep 2003
Location: Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
piedys wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Witts is the most useless ruckman I have ever witnessed. Including Richards.


How come Cox never got a gig today ?


Not eligible. Needed to play 1 more VFL game I think.


Out of interest, hypothetically, had Cloke played in this game, I wonder if all and sundry would be up him as well, and telling him to change jumpers at 3/4-time when the result was a forgone conclusion?


The way we put the ball forward, Carey and Daicos at their peak would have struggled, so highly likely.


Yah, would have made for some good ironic comedy, never mind.

Anyhoo, I've decided in that dud Ling Jong is part of the Cloke deal, I'm throwing in the towel and just walking away.

_________________
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  
ronrat 



Joined: 22 May 2006
Location: Thailand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Magpiebat for the seasons updates. Being in Thailand it helps me stayed connected. If you are ever in Pattaya give me a pm and I will s shout you a beer of choice, a Ton Yung and a guided tour of a wherever takes your fancy.

On the game and whilst the Dogs were playing for a spot in Sydney it seems some of our blokes were playing for exit interviews and cleanout of the locker on Tuesday.

_________________
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
matrix10 



Joined: 17 May 2009


PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MB for the great coverage over the year(s).

Shame such a great season ended the way it did.

Go Pies
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166


Joined: 10 May 2002
Location: Springvale

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to personally be the person who runs the line through Gault's name.
_________________
Get back on top.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
On the March 



Joined: 14 Feb 2004


PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect MB is feeling pretty down tonight. However it has been a very good season by the seconds. Well done!

And well done to MB for all his efforts in keeping us informed.

As per the Magpies may the Bat be prosperous and bring on 2017! Very Happy

And finally a very important thing to remember caped crusader in your own words:

"That's one trouble with dual identities, Robin. Dual responsibilities."
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
jackcass Cancer



Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Location: Bendigo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I've been saying all along that we don't have a lot of depth in our list. Our senior players who are no longer capable of performing on the AFL stage have been propping up our VFL side which was exposed today by the Bulldogs reserves side. We need to cut deeply into the list to give Buckley a chance next year. Cloke has to go . Others have to go. I just hope people now realize that when we suffer injuries, we don't have the ready replacements to bring into the team. But people here have been fantasizing that it's all Buckley's fault and that if we had Tapping as senior coach it would all be different. So now we all need to have a reality check. We really do need some relief to the list. Mayne and Wells are good acquisitions to the club and if Witts goes, we need ruck relief as well, so Maric is a good pick up.


We don't have a lot of depth because of the players who aren't available. Only way to improve that is to extend the list.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Collingwood Crackerjack 



Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Location: Canberra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I've been saying all along that we don't have a lot of depth in our list. Our senior players who are no longer capable of performing on the AFL stage have been propping up our VFL side which was exposed today by the Bulldogs reserves side. We need to cut deeply into the list to give Buckley a chance next year. Cloke has to go . Others have to go. I just hope people now realize that when we suffer injuries, we don't have the ready replacements to bring into the team. But people here have been fantasizing that it's all Buckley's fault and that if we had Tapping as senior coach it would all be different. So now we all need to have a reality check. We really do need some relief to the list. Mayne and Wells are good acquisitions to the club and if Witts goes, we need ruck relief as well, so Maric is a good pick up.


I see,its the list that shit....clearly Bucks inherited a basket case of a list that makes the one Tony Shaw got from Matthews look like a back to back minor premier....oh, wait, it was the other way round, wasn't it?

_________________
"The last thing he expected WAS THE FIRST THING HE GOT!!!!!"

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Collingwood Crackerjack 



Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Location: Canberra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
I reckon today should be a blunt reality check for anyone who thinks the likes of Witts and Gault are budding champion talls, or even AFL standard.

Take what we can get for Witts. Fire Gault out of a cannon into the centre of the sun.

Oh look, speak of the Devil and He shall appear, there's Gault now, gets a junk goal in red time...

61-167

I was wondering in the end whether Witts cared one iota about the Pies.
Was it because he thinks he is not going to be there next year.
As for Gault .....next!


I swear to God, there was was one centre bounce in the third where he didn't even raise his arm....make of that what you will, but I reckon he has been told he is off. Still not good enough from him, even in he has been marched, but I have never seen the likes of it before

_________________
"The last thing he expected WAS THE FIRST THING HE GOT!!!!!"

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Collingwood Crackerjack 



Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Location: Canberra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A dreadful effort, have you ever seen less pressure in a prelim?

Damn shame to, was hoping to go the double, seeing the pies win the flag at Etihad on the Sunday after the green machine upset the cap cheats on the saturday night...looks like I'll have to settle for the latter

_________________
"The last thing he expected WAS THE FIRST THING HE GOT!!!!!"

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Jezza Taurus



Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Location: Ponsford End

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
A dreadful effort, have you ever seen less pressure in a prelim?

1984 preliminary final against Essendon?

_________________
2010 = PREMIERS Very Happy
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Collingwood Crackerjack 



Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Location: Canberra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
A dreadful effort, have you ever seen less pressure in a prelim?

1984 preliminary final against Essendon?


I stand corrected

_________________
"The last thing he expected WAS THE FIRST THING HE GOT!!!!!"

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
robevpau1 Cancer



Joined: 25 Mar 2008


PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
piedys wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Witts is the most useless ruckman I have ever witnessed. Including Richards.


How come Cox never got a gig today ?


Not eligible. Needed to play 1 more VFL game I think.


Out of interest, hypothetically, had Cloke played in this game, I wonder if all and sundry would be up him as well, and telling him to change jumpers at 3/4-time when the result was a forgone conclusion?


The way we put the ball forward, Carey and Daicos at their peak would have struggled, so highly likely.


Yah, would have made for some good ironic comedy, never mind.

Anyhoo, I've decided in that dud Ling Jong is part of the Cloke deal, I'm throwing in the towel and just walking away.


Cox required shoulder surgery - was eligible.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Pies4shaw 

"Phil had more talent in his little finger than both Abletts combined displayed in their entire careers"


Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
A dreadful effort, have you ever seen less pressure in a prelim?

1984 preliminary final against Essendon?


I stand corrected

I saw both live at the ground. Quelle horreur!!!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
King Monkey 



Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one MB!! Great stuff!!
Disappointing pies......

I didn't see any of the game due to other commitments - how did my boy Hannan play?? (Sorry to be asking about an opposition player.....)

_________________
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group