Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood's problem could be too many chiefs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:20 pm
Post subject: Collingwood's problem could be too many chiefsReply with quote

With the appointment of Gubby Allan as football head, Balme as director of coaching, Pert as CEO and of course Eddie as President, I wonder of there are simply too many 'leaders' at our club, each with their own egos and barrows to push. My worry is that they are all very high profile individuals. Then there's Bucks.

Maybe it will all work out fine, but me honestly thinks that too many cooks spoil the broth. Compare the situation at Hawthorn, where Clarkson is numero uno and no-one really knows or cares about any other leaders at their club.

With all these high profile leaders at Collingwood, I hope that Bucks has the authority to get what he wants within the club, without having to second guess others along the way.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Collingwood's problem could be too many chiefsReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
With the appointment of Gubby Allan as football head, Balme as director of coaching, Pert as CEO and of course Eddie as President, I wonder of there are simply too many 'leaders' at our club, each with their own egos and barrows to push. My worry is that they are all very high profile individuals. Then there's Bucks.

Maybe it will all work out fine, but me honestly thinks that too many cooks spoil the broth. Compare the situation at Hawthorn, where Clarkson is numero uno and no-one really knows or cares about any other leaders at their club.

With all these high profile leaders at Collingwood, I hope that Bucks has the authority to get what he wants within the club, without having to second guess others along the way.

Yes & no rude
At Collingwood any news is big news no matter it sells papers and get headlines
Gubby I think has been brought in for a few simple reasons. Firstly his a fresh set of eyes to give a new outlook on things around the club. Secondly he's experienced and a trusted Collingwood man deep down he won't be swayed by friendships. Third I think over the next season or 2 we will make some plays for some GWS players and his insight there will be valuable. Also he's not into being in the public eye much. He has always been happy to be the man in the background just getting things done and he's a ver yoke deal maker
Lastly I think that he will separate himself from the coach to a large degree and if the call needs to be made on bucks he will make it.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree RB.

You can NEVER have too many leaders of their particular areas/sections at a footy club or indeed an army mate. Leadership breeds strength.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Lazza wrote:
Disagree RB.

You can NEVER have too many leaders of their particular areas/sections at a footy club or indeed an army mate. Leadership breeds strength.

Who was Napoleon's second in command?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:31 pm

high profile. if the club's heads of were not so high profile no one would be questioning the operations other than who the eff they are.

can you name any of the hawthorn equivalents except for stuart fox and chris fagan?

mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:30 pm

For once, with Nathan Buckley as coach, we will have the structure that we wanted when Mick turned down the Director of Coaching role back in 2011.

Balme will be that DOC, and for the first time Bucks will have someone whose primary role is to help the coaches.

Since Mick walked out on the deal 5 years back, we never got the structure right.

Hopefully Balme stays because we need him, or at least someone in that role, finally.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Disagree RB.

Michel Ney

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Compared to the rabble at Punt rd, tearing themselves to pieces, the Pies are a beacon of stability, Balme is staying, Gubby joins us, you do need Indians but you do need chiefs who know their footy oats too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:23 pm

My understanding of the proposed structure.

Balme is director of coaching, overseeing and working with the coaching groups for our AFL, VFL and womens football teams. Reports to Gubby, it's a demotion in one way in that he doesn't have list management but an expansion in another in that it encompasses coaching in all our franchises.

Gubby is head of football. Overall role which includes list management and contracts. Reports to the board, broad role but not as deep.

Pert is CEO. Responsible for the running of the whole CFC entity, implementing the strategic vision of the board and has all facets of the organisation to worry about from membership, sponsorship, pubs and clubs, marketing etc. With the footy department in good hands with Gubby and Balme, Pert can focus his energies where it's needed rather than getting deep into the footy.

Eddie is chairman of the Board. The Prez. Nuff said.

Just because they are all strong personalities is no reason why it won't work.

I've learned over the years that getting good results is as simple as putting good people in roles that suit them, hold their hand and give them guidance in the early days if needed, then get the hell out of their road and let them do their job.

That structure has some good people, in roles they're suited to.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Balme is director of coaching, overseeing and working with the coaching groups for our AFL, VFL and womens football teams. Reports to Gubby, it's a demotion in one way in that he doesn't have list management but an expansion in another in that it encompasses coaching in all our franchises.

Gubby is head of football. Overall role which includes list management and contracts. Reports to the board, broad role but not as deep.

Pert is CEO. Responsible for the running of the whole CFC entity, implementing the strategic vision of the board and has all facets of the organisation to worry about from membership, sponsorship, pubs and clubs, marketing etc. With the footy department in good hands with Gubby and Balme, Pert can focus his energies where it's needed rather than getting deep into the footy.

I've learned over the years that getting good results is as simple as putting good people in roles that suit them, hold their hand and give them guidance in the early days if needed, then get the hell out of their road and let them do their job.

That all sounds good, and I hope you are right. I certainly have a lot of respect for all the people in these leadership positions, but I just hope that egos don't get in the way. As I've noted elsewhere, I am very happy that Balme is staying on to work with Bucks as they make a great team.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:53 pm

mattys123 wrote:
For once, with Nathan Buckley as coach, we will have the structure that we wanted when Mick turned down the Director of Coaching role back in 2011.

Balme will be that DOC, and for the first time Bucks will have someone whose primary role is to help the coaches.

Since Mick walked out on the deal 5 years back, we never got the structure right.

Hopefully Balme stays because we need him, or at least someone in that role, finally.

Balme be Miles better then Hendy was.

According to Bucks last night on 360 Balme is Staying

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:03 pm

Better to have dark chocolate than pale vanilla!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:22 pm

dalyc wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Disagree RB.

Michel Ney

He'd be perfect - sent before a firing squad by his own side after losing a key game (at Waterloo). It's the only qualification for the role, given some of the posters on here.

AndrewT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Pert is CEO. Responsible for the running of the whole CFC entity, implementing the strategic vision of the board and has all facets of the organisation to worry about from membership, sponsorship, pubs and clubs, marketing etc. With the footy department in good hands with Gubby and Balme, Pert can focus his

energies where it's needed rather than getting deep into the footy.

That all sounds good, and I hope you are right. I certainly have a lot of respect for all the people in these leadership positions, but I just hope that egos don't get in the way. As I've noted elsewhere, I am very happy that Balme is staying on to work with Bucks as they make a great team.

Yeah they are an amazing team.. Wake up, Balme has been demoted for a reason. One more putrid year from Figjam then the boys can be happy again.. It will be party time when he gets the boot!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Disagree RB.

Blownapart????? Twisted Evil Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: