Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WKB it had to happen

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 4:45 pm
Post subject: WKB it had to happenReply with quote

WKB I watched the Yids yesterday with my mate who supports West Ham, after pretending that I wanted Spurs to win I was cheering on the Hammers nearly as much as him but as a Tottenham victory looked inevitable I couldn't help thinking that it's your lots bloody year-it's in the stars,it's fate & there's nothing anyone of us can do to stop it-AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Anyway I'm looking forward to the game by my reckoning it's 1-1 between us in FA cup semis so let's see what happens.BUT can you believe how lucky Liverpool are drawing Wycombe in their tie, I was praying that we'd get them but them's the breaks I suppose anway I look forward ot hearing your thoughts mate.

'They claim everyone was born but I don't recall it.Maybe I was having one of my blackouts'-Jim Morrisson
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2001 7:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead right about Liverpools lucky draw, but I s'pose you'd not be complaining about it if the Arse got em. (Anyway, it avoids the possibiblty of embarassment!)
Should be a great semi final. Hope they have it at Chelsea and not in birmingham or some other hole!

WKB, it could be the year mate!!!!!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 7:07 am

What the f*ck is "Wycombe"? Is that the Bye or something? Really, I have never heard of them. Which division are they in? And how the hell did they make it into a Cup Semi-final?

**You'll Never Walk Alone**

**floreat pica**

Fletch 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2001 10:16 am

Alf : Wycombe are in division two and its fairly safe to predict their FA Cup fairy tale will come to a traumatic end when they face the might of the Reds, lets hope Shockenham and the Arse really slug it out.

WKB and Dip : What can I say? It's the luck of the draw, so take it on the chin. Plus we had a tough 4th round encounter against Leeds at Elland Road.

Also has anyone(WKB perhaps?) heard the rumour that Sol Campbell might be heading to Liverpool on a free transfer at the end of July?

Imagine that Hyypia and the Sol man on the same team, just when you think the Liverpool defence can't get any stronger G.H goes and does something like this.

HOULLIER!
HOULLIER!
HOULLIER!
HOULLIER!

Hang on-I'm getting ahead of myself.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

[This message has been edited by Fletch (edited 13 March 2001).]

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2001 6:52 pm

HeHe WKB,yeah anything could happen-even more so as we play each other in the league the week before to help build up a bit of bad feeling.

Fletch I haven't heard the rumour linking Campbell with Liverpool (although Houllier did try to buy him in the past but was frightened off by the fee so he obviously rates him)but to be honest he's being linked with loads of clubs but the funniest is that he's been linked with Arsenal with Wenger saying that he'd like to get him now I can't believe it would happen myself but if it did I need a new pair of Bollocks because I would have broken my current ones with laughing so much.

'They claim everyone was born but I don't recall it.Maybe I was having one of my blackouts'-Jim Morrisson
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2001 5:47 pm

WKB the way suspensions work in this country means that if you get sent off in one game the suspension usually doesn't start for a couple of weeks which means that everyone would be alright for the semi if they did misbehave (although they might miss a replay)& the nature of the game means that people don't hold back anyway as the fans wouldn't stand for it.You're right it should be a ripper though.I don't know if you would have seen anything of Arsenal's game with Bayern Munich but we were absolute sh*t so I'm not sure what to think of our chances at the moment.

Hey Alf,good to see that you're still about, Wycombe were actually a non-league outfit until a couple of year's ago & this season have had one of the greatest cup runs for a team from their division but I'm not sure how much of this is due to their great play & how much is due to the apathy that the big clubs seem to have now for the FA cup, they seem to see qualification for Europe (esp Champion's League) as the holy grail & it seems to mean more than actually winning trophies so they spend sh*tloads of money on wages so that they can qualify for Europe so that they can get the revenue this brings to pay their wages.......so that they can qualify for Europe & somewhere along the line they've forgotten that the only genuine glory is that which is associated with winning trophies.Teams like Arsenal are playing weakened sides in the FA Cup so that they can save their players for more important games.Anyway I have absolutely no doubt that Liverpool will not be the victims of an upset & you can look forward to a grat day out at Cardiff in May.

PS LD They've decided to play the Arsenal/Spurs game at Old Trafford so that the rival supporters will be able to spend the whole journey beating the crap out of each other-good planning!

PPS I must apologise as my statement 'you can look forward to a great day out at Cardiff' is in fact an oxymoron.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: