Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Balmes head must be spinning !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:14 pm
Post subject: Balmes head must be spinning !Reply with quote

Poor Neil Balmes head must be spinning, does the poor guy know just where hes supposed to be at for next season. ?? According to media reports the fiasco Coup de tat at Tigerland today, the rebels want Balme to be their new CEO, the only trouble is, they haven't even ASKED him yet, prior to their big announcement. !! These are the same rebels who want Hardwick gone, but say they will put up with him as coach for two more seasons, cos they don't wanna pay him out ??! Meanwhile, Balmey attended our great win in the VFL on Saturday, still supposedly with the Pies, whllst the mail has him going to the Gold coast Suns ?? So, the poor bloke is at three different clubs, all at the same time. ?? Honestly, only Richmond could cock this up, appoint a bloke they have not even asked yet, I mean, DUH, would you not sound him out first, and get his opinion, then announce it ??

Only the Tigers, only the tigers, the Punt rd kindergarten shemozzle of football. Shocked Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read variously that Balme won't go interstate, so rule out the Suns or Brisbane.

Also, he is seriously weighing up the Collingwood job and at this stage is likely to stay, just needs to work through some things.

The Richmond thing is a fiasco. Trying to get number to roll a board and announcing you want a bloke for a new role and you haven't even asked him yet? (BTW I also saw a comment that Balme said he didn't support this break away group in any way)

Only part of the Richmond mess I laughed at was the comment, "We're 35 years into a 5 year plan"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh yeah, and at the VFL at 3/4 time he was giving Gault some marking advice. Seemed to be invested in the club.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:35 pm

talk about being hot property.

the richmond fiasco is just that. the board challenge makes no sense at all. they want to focus on the core purpose of winning games and premierships? don't they know that unless you're hawthorn you simply don't get handed premierships on a platter?!

anyway, any time we see richmond in turmoil is a good time. just filling the breach until it's carlton's turn again.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:57 pm

I wonder where the matron of Tigerland, Caro, sits with all this, and is she behind this sneaky challenge, fuelling the fires of discontent. ??

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I wonder where the matron of Tigerland, Caro, sits with all this, and is she behind this sneaky challenge, fuelling the fires of discontent. ??

Would not Suprise me IF Caro is helping the Challange Group

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Caro would love to be President of Richmond like her daddy but apart from the fact that they wouldn't take her, it might impact her role as hard hitting AFL gossip columnist.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Bucks said on 360 that Balmey is staying at the Club and Taking up the new Position.

YET ANOTHER FAIL AT PUNT RD

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Caro would love to be President of Richmond like her daddy but apart from the fact that they wouldn't take her, it might impact her role as hard hitting AFL gossip columnist.

She then be the Same as Eddie who she has attacked since as long as I can remember Rolling Eyes Laughing

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Hey I am sure the black widow of smutty journalism shall find a negative Collingwood slant about the Pies on Footy Classified tonight, simply to deflect some heat off her sycophantic Tigers.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:26 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Hey I am sure the black widow of smutty journalism shall find a negative Collingwood slant about the Pies on Footy Classified tonight, simply to deflect some heat off her sycophantic Tigers.

Is that still on?

I think I watched it once. Between Lyon, Caro and Hutchy I nearly put a stubbie through the TV.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:33 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yep, right on cue, she sure did, dragged up the Whitfield business, and said Gubby has much to answer for and would be suspended by the League, she couldn't help herself smirking. Surprised

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Bucks said on 360 that Balmey is staying at the Club and Taking up the new Position.

YET ANOTHER FAIL AT PUNT RD

Great, hed have to have rocks in his head to go back to the dysfunctional rabble at Tigerland. Smile

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:11 pm

John Wren wrote:
don't they know that unless you're hawthorn you simply don't get handed premierships on a platter?!

FWIW, I know of a few people who have gone off following AFL footy and now follow the local footy because of this perception. For two people, our last game against Hawthorn was the final bloody straw. Rolling Eyes

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Neil strike's me as a guy who is not "precious" and is likely to reason thru this without the hurt pride atitude.
He is highly skilled in all facets of admin. so for mine
I hope he stays as good people like him dont grow on trees.
Get all this settled fella's and start the climb back

mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:41 pm

I'd be shocked if Balme is going anywhere.

He was at the VFL on the weekend and sat with Allan, Bucks, Burns and Bucks' Dad for the entire game.

Then at the breaks was seen in a massive Collingwood coat with a Collingwood back pack hanging around the huddles.

Seemed pretty happy with the situation.

Did make the rather funny comment at 3/4 time "it's been a shit day, 2 broken legs and a shoulder".

Well turned out to be one broken leg, a badly twisted ankle and a popped shoulder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: