Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke officially requests a trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Very sad another premiership champ wants out of this club

Apparently there is no evidence this is anyway Buckley related
So please don't upset anyone by bringing it up

I know you're being sarcastic but just for the likes of Lazza

posted early May
Quote:
Had a very good chat to one player on Saturday night and suggested to him my gut feel says Clokey is gone, he told me Trav and Bucks aren't even talking right now.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/32-travis-cloke.1130184/page-15#post-44397259[/quote]
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:33 pm

At this moment Who is evidence this is Buckley related So don't upset anyone by bringing it up[quote] he or she know you're being sarcastic but for the likes of Lazza posted May [quote]Had a good chat to one player on Saturday night and suggested to him his or her gut feel says Clokey is gone he told him or her Trav and Bucks aren't talking?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:34 pm

Unless the Bullfrogs can offer us a decent defender or crumbing forward give them nothing.

www.facebook/the hybernators
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Witts and Cloke for Stringer or Boyd. They're premiership wi dos is about to open now and they need an established power forward and ruckman.
Otherwise Cloke for Jong (and some pick movement) is the likely outcome, which doesn't really help our need for added a-grade class.

NAH!11 Witts will be used to get JOM from the Suns. I like the 'Cloke and a second round pick" for Rance option ,put forward by someone???
Rance and O'meara would top us up nicely. Forwards take care of themselves with White Cox Moore and Elliot.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:40 pm

I would add Faz and the could be crumber Crocker to forwards --like to see how the Elliot thing plays out
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
To put it in perspective...the following Coll premiership heroes played elsewhere to end their careers as well:

D.Monkhurst
T.Francis
S.Russell
M.McGuane
C.Starcevic
J.Manson

It might be sad, but next year, 2010 is a staggering 7 years ago! We grabbed 2010, should've grabbed 2011, but that's it. We're doing the right thing.

Did I miss something, Cloke is the one saying he wants out. I don't think it's got anything to do with our club "doing the right thing". The decision is out of the clubs hands. Did any of the above players ask to leave the club with time left on their contracts?

I don't believe losing Cloke is good for our club. Say he goes to the dogs, that makes top 8 side stronger and harder to beat in 2017. How is that good for us?

Mutual decision between the club and the player I would think. His exit interview with Nathan Buckley yesterday would have gone something like the following:
Buckley to Cloke: Sorry, I can't guarantee you a spot in the senior 22 next year.
Cloke: What do I have to do to earn a spot in the 22 next year?
Buckley: You need to lose some upper body weight and do more running to keep up with the changing pace of the game
Cloke: Well, I think I'm good enough now to earn my spot in the team.
Buckley: See ya later.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:53 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Just one thing Collingwood

DO NOT GET VICKERY

* Lazza, I don't mean to sound negative but I really do not want VICKERY spudding it up in our forward line

Don't actually see that as negative, just common sense.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:54 pm

He would have had simalar EOS chats with other players and ya cant please every one
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:54 pm

mudlark wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Witts and Cloke for Stringer or Boyd. They're premiership wi dos is about to open now and they need an established power forward and ruckman.
Otherwise Cloke for Jong (and some pick movement) is the likely outcome, which doesn't really help our need for added a-grade class.

NAH!11 Witts will be used to get JOM from the Suns. I like the 'Cloke and a second round pick" for Rance option ,put forward by someone???
Rance and O'meara would top us up nicely. Forwards take care of themselves with White Cox Moore and Elliot.

Getting Rance to leave Richmond is harder than getting Hurley to leave Essendon. It's not going to happen.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:56 pm

So, so gutted. Sad
#SIDEBYSIDE
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Best for both parties. Cloke gets the fresh start he needs, we clear out some dead wood and can bring in someone new.

Cloke is a great player in his way but we are a much better side without him. He'll go better at another club; we will go better with a more mobile forward who can kick; and the club he goes to gets a ready-made power forward. It's a win-win-win.

Do the trade.

First round pick is out of the question at his age. Third round pick not worth considering. A second rounder or (more likely) a player is fair.

Nicely put Tannin.

+1
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:59 pm

watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote:
this makes me sad. Sad

Yep, me too.

Obviously, there are issues not many of us know about.

Combine this with the Heath Shaw departure then the scenario invites serious questions about a range of things including coaching.

If one accepts the premise that a good coach knows how to get the best out of his players where does that leave Buckley?

If one accepts the premise that in part a good coach can assist a player with confidence then where does that leave Buckley too?

A first round draft pick or a decent KPP & a 2nd round pick needs to be part of the equation.

Cloke junior remains under contract so that would give us the upper hand in trade negotiations. One assumes we would have to pay a fair % of his contract should he leave. Given Petrie is going from North then I assume he might be a good fit there. A good fit too for the Bullies.

However if he does go I want GWS if not Brisbane to be his preferred destination.

Why would we be paying any of his contract? He's the one that's requested his existing contract gets torn up. He's the one that would need to sign up at a new club to whatever contract they offer.

And if he's going anywhere I'd prefer it to be GCS (plethora of 1st round picks) or GWS (plethora of talented kids). My guess is he'll want to stay in Melbourne though.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:00 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
To put it in perspective...the following Coll premiership heroes played elsewhere to end their careers as well:

D.Monkhurst
T.Francis
S.Russell
M.McGuane
C.Starcevic
J.Manson

It might be sad, but next year, 2010 is a staggering 7 years ago! We grabbed 2010, should've grabbed 2011, but that's it. We're doing the right thing.

Did I miss something, Cloke is the one saying he wants out. I don't think it's got anything to do with our club "doing the right thing". The decision is out of the clubs hands. Did any of the above players ask to leave the club with time left on their contracts?

I don't believe losing Cloke is good for our club. Say he goes to the dogs, that makes top 8 side stronger and harder to beat in 2017. How is that good for us?

Mutual decision between the club and the player I would think. His exit interview with Nathan Buckley yesterday would have gone something like the following:
Buckley to Cloke: Sorry, I can't guarantee you a spot in the senior 22 next year.
Cloke: What do I have to do to earn a spot in the 22 next year?
Buckley: You need to lose some upper body weight and do more running to keep up with the changing pace of the game
Cloke: Well, I think I'm good enough now to earn my spot in the team.
Buckley: See ya later.

No the conversation would have been;
Cloke .. I am sick of having 3 oppositions guys on my arse every marking contest whilst the hobbit gets a free cheese burger and chips with no opposition player in sight.
Bux...you know the hobbit gets a freebie every game
It is part of the process.
Cloke...Did you pay those lying cheating umps to scrag me every game?
Bux...No it was Perty!
Cloke..So no automatic walk up to the first 22 next year?
Bux...No I want to keep my perfect record against the Hawks next year.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Cloke officially requests a tradeReply with quote

Medieval wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/travis-cloke-officially-requests-a-trade-from-collingwood/news-story/dc13a521446a7f54fe9126c2778b8ce9

If no realistic offers are made for this contracted player, make the arrogant turd stand out of AFL football for 2017.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:04 pm
Post subject: Re: Cloke officially requests a tradeReply with quote

DP. F*cking cranky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17   

Jump to: