Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke officially requests a trade

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Witts and Cloke for Stringer or Boyd. They're premiership wi dos is about to open now and they need an established power forward and ruckman.
Otherwise Cloke for Jong (and some pick movement) is the likely outcome, which doesn't really help our need for added a-grade class.

That would be an awful option.... Embarassed

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
To put it in perspective...the following Coll premiership heroes played elsewhere to end their careers as well:

D.Monkhurst
T.Francis
S.Russell
M.McGuane
C.Starcevic
J.Manson

It might be sad, but next year, 2010 is a staggering 7 years ago! We grabbed 2010, should've grabbed 2011, but that's it. We're doing the right thing.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think the very same teams ever played in consecutive winning grand finals, including the week after the GF draws.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:04 pm

thompsoc wrote:
And power forwards grow on trees don't they?
Hardest player to get.
You get a good one every 25 years or so.
So our next one should come right about 2040.
Thanks Bux ...you couldn't manage him properly could you.

And now everything rests on the shoulders of Moore. That's a hell of a lot of pressure to put on a 20 year old.

What Key Position Fwds are available to get in free agency? Tomlinson from GWS?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Travis goes to another club as an injury free player in respect to his years
playing crash and bash footy.

He would be every bit as valueable as Stevie J has been to the GWS kids and
we need to be compensated as his mostly injury free career I reckon gives
at least 3 years in the system

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Steve J was delisted.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Lazza wrote:
Haff wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Haff wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Pick 15-20 sounds fair to me.

Maybe 4 years ago, he's only got 2 years left and the other club takes all the risk. I'll take late second rounder and be happy. Pick 30ish best we can hope for.

Totally disagree. I have always rated Cloke although I have been a bit frustrated and disappointed (with numerous others) at his kicking for goal. Anything LESS than a first rounder, a combined second and third rounder OR a combination of a player/s plus a 2/3 rounder will be a "getting our arses kicked" situation.

You're assuming he is the player he was 5 years ago. He's really a shadow of that player.
He's only got 2-3 years left. No way anyone is giving up a first rounder!

Fair enough comment. You are probably right.

However another poster has stated that Nick Reiwoldt is almost 5 years older than Cloke and he has been relatively injury free. Cloke could be around for 3 to 5 years more.
I would still love a first rounder or a various combination of lower picks/players for him.

Time will tell!! Cool

I'm a total fence sitter on this one (if we don't get a good enough deal keep him I say but if we can do well go for it). It seems so many people have just forgotten how average he has been for so long. Four years ago he was averaging 3.1 a game... now 1.3 (2.0 for 2014, 2015). Four years ago he was averaging almost 15 touches a game and now it's 12.5. Doesn't seem like much but how many forward survive on so few touches and such little impact on the scoreboard. One could argue he was lucky to get as many games this year as he did.

Don't get me wrong.... I've loved Clokey at the Pies but strikes me as a bit of a Sav Rocca actually. If he gets to the right club he might be reinvigorated... but I tell you what, if he goes to another club and starts kicking straight I expect a full inquiry!!!

PS - Mason Cox kicked the same number of goals as Cloke this year from 2 less games - just an interest tid bit.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
To put it in perspective...the following Coll premiership heroes played elsewhere to end their careers as well:

D.Monkhurst
T.Francis
S.Russell
M.McGuane
C.Starcevic
J.Manson

It might be sad, but next year, 2010 is a staggering 7 years ago! We grabbed 2010, should've grabbed 2011, but that's it. We're doing the right thing.

Did I miss something, Cloke is the one saying he wants out. I don't think it's got anything to do with our club "doing the right thing". The decision is out of the clubs hands. Did any of the above players ask to leave the club with time left on their contracts?

I don't believe losing Cloke is good for our club. Say he goes to the dogs, that makes top 8 side stronger and harder to beat in 2017. How is that good for us?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:12 pm

John Wren wrote:
this makes me sad. Sad

Yep, me too.

Obviously, there are issues not many of us know about.

Combine this with the Heath Shaw departure then the scenario invites serious questions about a range of things including coaching.

If one accepts the premise that a good coach knows how to get the best out of his players where does that leave Buckley?

If one accepts the premise that in part a good coach can assist a player with confidence then where does that leave Buckley too?

A first round draft pick or a decent KPP & a 2nd round pick needs to be part of the equation.

Cloke junior remains under contract so that would give us the upper hand in trade negotiations. One assumes we would have to pay a fair % of his contract should he leave. Given Petrie is going from North then I assume he might be a good fit there. A good fit too for the Bullies.

However if he does go I want GWS if not Brisbane to be his preferred destination.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:13 pm

Tannin wrote:
Best for both parties. Cloke gets the fresh start he needs, we clear out some dead wood and can bring in someone new.

Cloke is a great player in his way but we are a much better side without him. He'll go better at another club; we will go better with a more mobile forward who can kick; and the club he goes to gets a ready-made power forward. It's a win-win-win.

Do the trade.

First round pick is out of the question at his age. Third round pick not worth considering. A second rounder or (more likely) a player is fair.

Nicely put Tannin.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:14 pm

Perhaps we cold trade Cloke to StKilda for Freeman?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Not how Stevie J got there its the value he has been since he got there
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:20 pm

I've loved Trav over the journey but it's time to go.

Moore, Cox, Elliott, Fasolo, White tells me that we can cover his absence in our forward line.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Tannin wrote:
Best for both parties........

Do the trade.

First round pick is out of the question at his age. Third round pick not worth considering. A second rounder or (more likely) a player is fair.

No deal unless we get what we want that is, our needs met. He is under contract & we can afford to pick & choose.

GCS would be best: swap Cloke for Lynch & offer Witts & some sort of deal with pick swaps that favour us: won't happen but that would be my ambit.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Damien wrote:
I've loved Trav over the journey but it's time to go.

Moore, Cox, Elliott, Fasolo, White tells me that we can cover his absence in our forward line.
Are you a man or a woman?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Cloke ,Smoke --I am more concerned about what appears to the public as disharmony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17   

Jump to: