Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What MAY have been???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:49 pm
Post subject: What MAY have been???Reply with quote

This is just a waxing lyrical,post season thought,so don't everyone get too down beat about it,but 2 seperate acts of Bastardry may well have determined our season before it started. The first was by the AFL for allowing Sydney to change venues at the 11th hr. Would Swanny have destroyed his foot if we had played at ANZ and would Faz nearly have broken his neck if the game was on the more expansive ANZ??? We will never know ,of course, but the course of history was changed and these events may never have happened.
The second and most despicable,was the releasing of the off season drug taking of Collingwood players ONLY ,by the biggest pile of human excrement,no names required, which traumatised a very youthful team to the point they were smashed all over the ground and added to the 2 major injuries,put our season on the road to ruin before it had all begun.
I reckon it took a good 3 >4 weeks before the team and club came to terms with these 2 acts and by then our season was gone along with the mounting injury toll.
Just a thought and I'm putting out there to see if anyone else has had similar thoughts.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:50 pm
Post subject: Re: What MAY have been???Reply with quote

mudlark wrote:
This is just a waxing lyrical,post season thought,so don't everyone get too down beat about it,but 2 seperate acts of Bastardry may well have determined our season before it started. The first was by the AFL for allowing Sydney to change venues at the 11th hr. Would Swanny have destroyed his foot if we had played at ANZ and would Faz nearly have broken his neck if the game was on the more expansive ANZ??? We will never know ,of course, but the course of history was changed and these events may never have happened.
The second and most despicable,was the releasing of the off season drug taking of Collingwood players ONLY ,by the biggest pile of human excrement,no names required, which traumatised a very youthful team to the point they were smashed all over the ground and added to the 2 major injuries,put our season on the road to ruin before it had all begun.
I reckon it took a good 3 >4 weeks before the team and club came to terms with these 2 acts and by then our season was gone along with the mounting injury toll.
Just a thought and I'm putting out there to see if anyone else has had similar thoughts.

agreed
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:35 pm

mgh3536 wrote:
mudlark wrote:

agreed

+2
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We were screwed before the season got started. As for Robbo's efforts, I vew him now with utter contempt.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:00 pm

mudlark wrote:

Clutching at straws here mate.

Excuses are for those who dont make it. Hawthorn lost their spearhead forward (and second bet ruck rover - same guy) to cancer this year and that didn't stop them.

My point is, no matter what the valid excuses we think we have, its pretty hollow....

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Well,whether it's making excuses or not,that night really was the end of our season.It was a catastrophic night for us.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Oh I get it. Very interesting.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:33 pm

The drugs scandal caused a massive bout of infighting that took weeks to sort out apparently.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Tell me more.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:48 pm

My mail is that when that grub Robbo became aware that a club (apparently Hawthorn) had 23 of its players test positive for recreational drug use, he decided it was probably Collingwood. He then rang our club and spoke to someone who told him he was way off the mark but couldn't tell him what our number was, but it was less than half of what Robbo suggested. That's how the figure of 11 druggies at Collingwood became the story. Robbo had no idea at all what the number was, but simply ran with 11 (being less than half of 23). That's why Bucks virtually called him a grub on Footy 360.

There was indeed a lot of internal soul searching and blaming going on in our club for weeks following this disgraceful episode. Arguably, it completely sabotaged a large chunk of the first half of our season.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:57 pm

I agree totally with you Rudeboy and OP mudlark. It screwed us for the year and I hope Bux doesn't ever forget Throbbos intentional sabotage. It basically derailed us and Swans injury was just the salt we didnt need.

I had high hopes for a great year even without thinking we were going to be premiers.
2017 will be better surely, with the right trades.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:45 pm

I thought this was about Steven May.
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Agree, the whole last 5 years should really be called "what may have been"
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:11 pm

E wrote:
mudlark wrote:

Clutching at straws here mate.

Excuses are for those who dont make it. Hawthorn lost their spearhead forward (and second bet ruck rover - same guy) to cancer this year and that didn't stop them.

My point is, no matter what the valid excuses we think we have, its pretty hollow....

No surprises here.Well 1 i guess,that you'e the only one to come forth.the night is still young. Poor old Hawthorn EH!!!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
We were screwed before the season got started. As for Robbo's efforts, I vew him now with utter contempt.

Yep, its all sliding doors isn't it, if that ball hadve gone to another part of the ground in the swans game, at that insant, swannie would still be on our list. Yes, and robbo is a gutter journo, nothing more. Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: