Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Graeme Allan investigated by the AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So will GWS get punished? or will this be a case like tanking at Melbourne were Adelaide got the punishment?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:44 pm

OH I get it, the penny has dropped, there is a Finals bye this week, NO footy, so the media fall back on an old reliable source and scandal, THAT IS, RUN WITH A SCANDAL BASH THE SHIT OUTA THE MAGPIES, THAT WILL DISTRACT AND PLEASE THE MASSES. SHEEEEESH.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Conspiracy theory 1.

Prior to round 1 when we play the swans, the media releases drug allegations involving their round 1 opponent, us.

Prior to the end of season bye, the media releases drug allegations involving the Swans first final opponent, GWS.

If the Swans make the GF, will there be drug allegations against their GF opponent on the Monday before?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Conspiracy theory 1.

Prior to round 1 when we play the swans, the media releases drug allegations involving their round 1 opponent, us.

Prior to the end of season bye, the media releases drug allegations involving the Swans first final opponent, GWS.

If the Swans make the GF, will there be drug allegations against their GF opponent on the Monday before?

the way the year played out, I don't think the drug scandal prior to Rd 1 made one iota of difference. The gap in talent between the Swans and Pies in 2016 was HUGE.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:55 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Conspiracy theory 1.

the way the year played out, I don't think the drug scandal prior to Rd 1 made one iota of difference. The gap in talent between the Swans and Pies in 2016 was HUGE.

I disagree. It made the difference between what could have been at least a competitive effort to a shellacking and set our season back before it had started, talent gap not withstanding.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:46 am

Not sounding Good:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/lachie-whitfield-case-graeme-allan-faces-allegations-texts-were-deleted-20160830-gr4xi1.html

Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 am

Quote:
Whitfield, who is expected to line up for Greater Western Sydney in their historic first final at ANZ Stadium on September 10, is alleged to have turned to the two club officials amid concerns that he risked being found guilty of testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance after taking illicit drugs.

Allan, as revealed on Monday by Fairfax Media, organised for the player to spend a short period of time at the home of Lambert and away from the club in May 2015. The player did not alert the relevant anti-doping authorities and was reportedly not advised to do so.

Whoa. If that's not a Wilson invention (I don't think it is in this case) then Gubby is in serious trouble.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:04 am

A lawyer would have a picnic with this. This is all the say and exchange with an ex girlfriend. In saying you are guilty until you prove innocence these days.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:57 am

There was no test scheduled or requested.
It seems absurd that you can be in trouble for avoiding something that didn't happen.

Why does it take 15 months for an investigation ?

I think Stui magpie's conspiracy theory has some merit.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:34 am

I've been a Caro defender amidst the juvenile & at times sexist bile being spewed on Nicks before about her IMO.

However, that does not make me a blind supporter. In this case the line bolded below seems to be out of order from the article DTM linked:

"Allan, Whitfield and the club's then welfare manager Craig Lambert face bans of between two and four years should the evidence against them be proven."

Shouldn't that be allegations be proven as opposed to evidence? Rolling Eyes Shocked Mad

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:13 am

Culprit wrote:
A lawyer would have a picnic with this. This is all the say and exchange with an ex girlfriend. In saying you are guilty until you prove innocence these days.

The problem here, as we have seen with Essendon, is that there is a different standard of proof required when it comes to these types of cases.

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:33 am

watt price tully wrote:
I've been a Caro defender amidst the juvenile & at times sexist bile being spewed on Nicks before about her IMO.

However, that does not make me a blind supporter. In this case the line bolded below seems to be out of order from the article DTM linked:

"Allan, Whitfield and the club's then welfare manager Craig Lambert face bans of between two and four years should the evidence against them be proven."

Shouldn't that be allegations be proven as opposed to evidence? Rolling Eyes Shocked Mad

Allegations they only are ... and as time passes, it is looking more and more like a bitter ex girl-friend running rampant with twittering finger.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:08 pm

Thus far all they may be guilty of is not informing asada of the player changing residents for 2 nights
A very bitter ex girlfriend who has provided no evidence other than accuse him of dodging a drug test that was never scheduled nor did he miss.
If he had taken any substances and they were out of his system at the time of testing then his guilty of nothing.
Yet again a media beat up. If Gubby wasn't set to be announced at head of football at Collingwood this would never have come to light as it hadn't for the past 15 months
mattys123 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:14 pm

makri wrote:
Culprit wrote:

The problem here, as we have seen with Essendon, is that there is a different standard of proof required when it comes to these types of cases.

yeah that's the problem, the AFL will soon hand it's evidence and outcome to ASADA and just like in the Essendon case if Allan, Lambert, Whitfield or anyone else even did one thing wrong, that can be proven beyond a legal doubt, then they are gone.

The Essendon point of proof was that every single player under investigation lied to ASADA on their drug testing forms. They said they hadn't taken anything when it fact they had, and it didn't matter that they didn't actually know what was being taken.

In this case if it can be proven that Allan, Lambert or anyone else helped Whitfield avoid the drug testers, in any way, they are screwed.

So far though all there seems to be is texts, or deleted texts, from a jilted ex girlfriend of Whitfield.

Unless those texts are so clear and defining in saying "quick, get Lachie and hide him from the testers" I reckon it's going to be hard to find something to suspend anyone with in this case.

But it will drag on, it has for about 16 months already, before it even broke to the media.

Now it's going to be handed to ASADA, and as we saw with the joke that was the Essendon saga, they don't exactly work quickly.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:24 pm

Geez two weeks ago we were using all our resource's to plan for beating the reigning premier's and Trav thing was mostly accepted.

Now for goodness sake along with Trav Balme is leaving--Deka's leaving
and we are being included in another drug affair

Media report news,report score's and stats and all that

And leave us the hell alone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: