Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

UK PM Theresa May

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:26 pm
Post subject: UK PM Theresa MayReply with quote

Quote:
Theresa May identifies with Elizabeth I, deplores conceit, insists on fresh flowers in her home and hates her own nose.

In a remarkably candid interview with a local magazine, the usually reticent Mrs May revealed a series of startling facts about herself including what part of her body she most dislikes.

Among the prime minister’s other confessions were that she “shares Indiana Jones’s fear of snakes”, believes in the afterlife and lives by the motto “don’t let the bastards get you down”.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Mrs May’s favourite word is serendipity. Last month she benefited from a particularly momentous example when Andrea Leadsom pulled out of the race to be Tory leader after the publication of an interview with The Times. Coupled with the failed campaigns by Michael Gove and Stephen Crabb, Mrs Leadsom’s decision left Mrs May clear to move into No 10 more quickly than she would have imagined.

“I like the unexpected nature of what [the word] stands for,” Mrs May told The Windsor, Maidenhead and Ascot magazine.

In the interview, the prime minister also revealed that she saw herself as a modern day Elizabeth I, saying that she was a “woman who knew her own mind and achieved in a male environment”.

Mrs May added: “Remember her speech, ‘I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman but I have the stomach of a king’.” After defeating the Spanish Armada in 1588, Elizabeth vowed never to let “any prince of Europe” invade England’s borders.

Mrs May revealed that shoes were her greatest extravagance and that her husband, Philip, was the love of her life. Seeing people’s lives “hurt by government bureaucracy” made her depressed, while being late all the time was the trait she most deplored in herself.

She also said that her favourite book was Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, that she would die for freedom and believed in monogamy. When asked if she had ever said “I love you” without meaning it, she replied: “That’s a question no woman should answer.”

Readers were also told that Mrs May dislikes the words “actually”, “appropriate” and “issues”, believing them to be overused. Her greatest regret is not letting her mother teach her to play the piano.

Mrs May was happiest in church on her wedding day. A vicar’s daughter, she believes in life after death. She would like to be remembered as “somebody who made a difference”.

The Times
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer her husband James and his two mates, Jezza and Hamster
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:22 pm

I can't believe they would allow an entire country to be run by someone who can't play the piano.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:38 pm

^

I can.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:43 pm

Interestingly, the US, UK and Australia will all have female leaders when Julie Bishop gets installed as PM next year.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:51 pm

David wrote:
Interestingly, the US, UK and Australia will all have female leaders when Julie Bishop gets installed as PM next year.

Laughing Laughing

Lady Macbeth has certainly been playing the long game.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:48 am

It's surely only a matter of time. At this rate of PM knifing, they'll all get a go!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:45 am

David wrote:
It's surely only a matter of time. At this rate of PM knifing, they'll all get a go!

Bishop vs Wong at the next election?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:48 am

I suspect Shorten's in for the long haul, but they could certainly do worse. One of Plibberz or Albo is probably next in the queue though.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:10 am

Plibersook was my nightmare scenario from a Liberal win at the last election. Hopefully Shorten did well enough to see it through to the next election, because I'd rather pretty much anyone leading Government to Tanya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: