Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks vs Grant Thomas

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:04 pm
Post subject: Bucks vs Grant ThomasReply with quote

Thomas has pretty much gone on twitter and Called Bucks a Flog on Twitter

I think Thomas yet again made a Tool of Himself

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-coach-nathan-buckley-to-head-to-us-college-in-offseason-20160828-gr35uq.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/nathan-buckley-and-grant-thomas-in-twitter-spat-over-the-collingwood-coachs-planned-us-trip/news-story/aae90cc4d08f51cecc3613268afdeb63

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to see here. A journo telling it like it is. If Buckley thinks a mystical trip to the US will assist, he is deluded. Maybe he should closely watch the next month of football and learn how the big boys play a successful brand of football for 22 weeks, not just once every few weeks.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Bucks shouldn't have even bothered replying.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:22 pm

Why even bother to engage Grant Thomas in public? There's just nothing to gain from taking the bait. I'd really prefer our head coach had more restraint. If you got Thomas's number then call him or direct message him and speak your mind. If your gonna let Thomas get under your skin then you've lost sight of the big picture
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:23 pm

Call it for what it is, a club funded holiday for the coach.....

What is it with the AFL and their bogus fact finding missions.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:31 pm

BBHS wrote:
Bucks shouldn't have even bothered replying.

Agree. Why Respond to a Idiot?

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:37 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

I get where your coming from, but in this instance I have no problem with these type of junkets. Didn't Malthouse and Sheedy used to go to Man Utd and Clarko goes to NFL teams I think. But yeah, it's a tax write off for the club and you'd think minimal insights to be made.

I've noticed the players sit down in chairs at half time in the rooms with there line coaches now. Which you'd think was an idea from NRL. So maybe he'll come back with a small change to communicating like that.

He needs all the help he can get so hopefully it pays off. Either way, a Collingwood head coach really shouldn't be responding on Twitter to the Thomas' of the world. Just focus on 2017 100%
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Call it a junket if you like but in all honesty there is something to be gained from it. I was involved for several years at the Brisbane Broncos in that time our coaches scouts recruiters and media department all spent time inside other sporting organisations for various reasons. It's not about what we can learn to take back to our game but more often on now we can communicate with players better, deal with injuries better, facilitate new players into our systems better and also maybe pick up some training techniques for different skills and transfer those to our training
I would actually be cranky if we didn't invest these few dollars on trying to better our coaches
As for Thomas he is irrelevant in today's football bucks should be smarter and let fools like this just blow off into the wind
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

I get where your coming from, but in this instance I have no problem with these type of junkets. Didn't Malthouse and Sheedy used to go to Man Utd and Clarko goes to NFL teams I think. But yeah, it's a tax write off for the club and you'd think minimal insights to be made.

I've noticed the players sit down in chairs at half time in the rooms with there line coaches now. Which you'd think was an idea from NRL. So maybe he'll come back with a small change to communicating like that.

He needs all the help he can get so hopefully it pays off. Either way, a Collingwood head coach really shouldn't be responding on Twitter to the Thomas' of the world. Just focus on 2017 100%

Are you saying that the result of a fact finding mission to the USA was the knowledge of how to sit in a chair?
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:29 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Are you saying that the result of a fact finding mission to the USA was the knowledge of how to sit in a chair?

No. I'm saying coaches look to other sports to see better ways, or even other approaches, to do things.

Rugby League teams have been sitting in chairs in front of the coach at pre game, half time and after games for years. I think we may have used that method this year. It's not a massive change, but if the players prefer to sit at the break rather than the traditional standing around, let them sit. Might have a minor affect.

A "fact finding trip" or "junket" or "sojourn" to USA might see a different approach to the structure of team meetings or training methods or the way we decide to use technology. Most coaches in the AFL head to overseas clubs to get new ideas. I don't think the trip is going to revolutise AFL but they may see minor things that they think could assist the team.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Bucks should have just ignored the miserable has been.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:38 pm

I thought it was a great exchange. They both gave out what they got back. It's about time Buckley got a bit more animated with the media and you could see it start to happen about the time Robbo got stuck into the club before the Swans match. The players need to know they have a coach sticking up for them, who won't be trampled on. Thomas is entitled to have a go at him as he's entitled to express a viewpoint, but when you do, expect that the recipient is going to hit back with some of the same words thrown at him.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:59 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
The players need to know they have a coach sticking up for them, who won't be trampled on.

I think bucks was sticking up for himself rather than any players. When he had a chance to stick up for players in the media (or at least keep things in house) earlier in the year he hung Cloke out to dry and questioned Moore's and DeGoey's work rate in public.

I'd say this exchange actually shows he's pretty thinned skinned and immature. Might be different if the exchange happened at a press conference or face to face, but why bother with arguements on social media? Isn't that just a form of "keyboard warrior" type stuff that the "perceptive fellow" get criticised for doing?
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:20 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
a Collingwood head coach really shouldn't be responding on Twitter to the Thomas' of the world. Just focus on 2017 100%

Yep, agree.

Bucks is usually better than that so it is surprising that he replied. Needs to ignore all the outside noise.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Krakouer Magic wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
The players need to know they have a coach sticking up for them, who won't be trampled on.

I think bucks was sticking up for himself rather than any players. When he had a chance to stick up for players in the media (or at least keep things in house) earlier in the year he hung Cloke out to dry and questioned Moore's and DeGoey's work rate in public.

I'd say this exchange actually shows he's pretty thinned skinned and immature. Might be different if the exchange happened at a press conference or face to face, but why bother with arguements on social media? Isn't that just a form of "keyboard warrior" type stuff that the "perceptive fellow" get criticised for doing?

Forgive the paraphasing here, but I'll try to get the intent right:

MM after the 2003 GF - Jason Cloke played better in the 2002 GF (when he was suspended!)
MM in a joint press conference with Scott Burns midseason around 2007 or 2008 - Scotty going to struggle to get a game for us
MM after the 2011 GF - Swanny cost us the game when he didn't get a kick in the last quarter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: