Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Travis Cloke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we need to start a petition to retain Cloke?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 22 ]
No
56%
 56%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 50

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be here next year.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:21 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ great pic, Cam. Keep him fot that reason as well.

Nah, he's just too disloyal - he must have left for more money at least twice a year for the past 12 seasons.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:24 am

Only petition we need is the one to sack Bucks.

Or the mods who keep closing the sack Bucks threads.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:27 am
Post subject: Re: Travis ClokeReply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
We need Cloke next year and today's game just solidified that view for me. The club, by their actions this year seem to have a different view, so do we need to start a petition?

If we'd had Darcy Moore in today instead of Cloke we'd have won the game. Cloke's miss from 30 metres out was too predictable.

I'd be happy to keep Cloke on our list, as a VFL player, in reserve in case of an injury to Moore, but i'm sure Travis would not accept that. For that reason, I expect it will be he who seeks a trade, not Collingwood. Even today, on one leg, I thought White was our best key forward.

Disagree. Moore would not have made the contest that Cloke did, at the moment he's only good when he gets a run at the ball otherwise he's easily shifted and outpointed. Cloke's comfortably our best one on one key forward, without him we do not have a good mix of talls. Cloke was a big part of why we were able to stay in the game.

Imagine, say, Puopolo, Breust and Rioli at the fall of all of those balls or even, say, Didak, Davis, Medhurst and Thomas. Do you think it's possible that he could be a critical part of a Grand Final winning team without actually kicking many goals himself?

No, it's just an idle thought.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:34 am

Cam wrote:

I agree.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:27 am
Post subject: Re: Travis ClokeReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
We need Cloke next year and today's game just solidified that view for me. The club, by their actions this year seem to have a different view, so do we need to start a petition?

If we'd had Darcy Moore in today instead of Cloke we'd have won the game. Cloke's miss from 30 metres out was too predictable.

I'd be happy to keep Cloke on our list, as a VFL player, in reserve in case of an injury to Moore, but i'm sure Travis would not accept that. For that reason, I expect it will be he who seeks a trade, not Collingwood. Even today, on one leg, I thought White was our best key forward.

What utter rubbish, what about Darcy's shocking misses in the loss to the Bulldogs? I could say Cloke plays that game instead of Moore we win... Rolling Eyes
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:16 am

I also agree, but not for the Clanger reason. Simply because at least three of Clokes marks were held by sheer strength. One was an absolute blinder. Moore simply is not strong enough yet, I'm glad he wasn't available, because if he was, I doubt Cloke would have played, and his little body would have been smashed by the thuggery that is the Hawks style.

When Jessie went down whose heart sank with him? There is still a place for Cloke, and with both him and Moore firing, working together, a couple of crumbers back from injury, we have the most terrifying forward line in the comp. what we need is a defensive general. We need a solid ready made defensive KPP. Quite ironic that in the MM days we never lacked for a defence. We had the best in the competition for years.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:55 am

We still need Cloke, sure he misses set shots but he provided a lot at the contest and has a lot more smarts than Cox and can show Moore how to use his body and positioning himself. Cloke is such a hard worker off the footy.

www.facebook/the hybernators
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:08 am

I still think we can play Moore, White and Cloke all in the same team. Remember Moore can switch to CHB and Jesse is the perfect utility as well. Imagine those three guys with Elliott, Crocker, Aish or Fasolo at the fall of the footy. That's a very potent forward line.

Because White and Moore are so mobile, we wouldn't be top-heavy. Technically we went in with three talls yesterday anyway with Goldsack. I say keep Travis.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:05 pm

3rd degree wrote:
We still need Cloke, sure he misses set shots but he provided a lot at the contest and has a lot more smarts than Cox and can show Moore how to use his body and positioning himself. Cloke is such a hard worker off the footy.

I agree. We need both Moore & Cloke in our forward line. Hate to see him in another jumper.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:41 pm

jackcass wrote:
Cam wrote:

I agree.

Here's hoping that you two are right.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:30 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Only petition we need is the one to sack Bucks.

Or the mods who keep closing the sack Bucks threads.

Even had we beat the dawks, youd still come out with this crap, just cant help yourself can you old son. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:33 pm

think positive wrote:
I also agree, but not for the Clanger reason. Simply because at least three of Clokes marks were held by sheer strength. One was an absolute blinder. Moore simply is not strong enough yet, I'm glad he wasn't available, because if he was, I doubt Cloke would have played, and his little body would have been smashed by the thuggery that is the Hawks style.

When Jessie went down whose heart sank with him? There is still a place for Cloke, and with both him and Moore firing, working together, a couple of crumbers back from injury, we have the most terrifying forward line in the comp. what we need is a defensive general. We need a solid ready made defensive KPP. Quite ironic that in the MM days we never lacked for a defence. We had the best in the competition for years.

This. He is still OUR player with a one year contract, I say keep him, its not up to media prunes like Ping Ling, caro, fatboy robbo, carey to want him gone, its up to us and cloke, and I say we keep him. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 pm

Love the effort that Clokey put on yesterday.
Having said that better for Cloke to move on and restart his career at another club.
Better for us to move on and find another KPP to assist Moore.
Win for Cloke. Win for CFC.
Everybody wins.
surfer1 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Happy to keep him as long as doesn't play forward
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: