Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Gallant Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't enjoyed much about this year....or much from the last 3 years to be honest.

But that is the best I've felt after a game this year.

The fight from our guys in the last few minutes when we got back from 18 points down to hit the lead was mighty stuff.

Disappointing to lose....we should have killed the ball from that centre stoppage where Fitzpatrick broke away....but PLENTY to like about that game.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:18 pm

How we let the ball come out of that pack instead of holding it in for a ball up, I don't know? Proud that they got close but this team has lost every close game this season apart from tuggers in Rd 2, they need to turn this around next season
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:23 pm

How do they get away with holding the man on the mark while the guy with the ball can simply waltz around and gain more metres? Happens time and time again.

Umps are pathetic.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Museman wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Museman wrote:
Eliminate brown we win by 4 goals.....

Don't be proud of that, I certainly hope the players are not......IDIOTIC mistakes cost them a football game.

Sure Rolling Eyes Brown was very good, shut his man almost completely out of the game.

It's definitely a game to be proud of. With 10+ of our best 22 missing we almost got the job done against Hawthorn in their most important game of the year.

You keep accepting mediocrity, I'll keep restoring the balance, that you thought brown had a good game says it all really.

Mediocrity is an inability to see, and value, courage and a proud fight against the odds when it is shown to you.

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Donny wrote:
Quite unbelievable, most of these comments. Sad

FANTASTIC effort by the boys. What a game !!

Equalled and headed time and again but they kept coming.

Treloar's 3 quarter effort of 36 disposals was outstanding.

Howe, again, our best down back.

lulz, I'm as negative as they come in regards to our status quo but if you're moaning about this effort you really should forget the interwebs,
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:24 pm

jatsad wrote:
How do they get away with holding the man on the mark while the guy with the ball can simply waltz around and gain more metres? Happens time and time again.

Umps are pathetic.

Good point
Should be banned

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Melbourne coached by Roos get thumped by 20 goals. So too does Hardwick's Tigers.

Collingwood, missing 11 of our best players, loses by a lousy point to the reigning triple Premiers. I am so proud of our young list and our great coach Nathan Buckley, who clearly has the players completely committed to his brand of football.

In the end, only dodgy umpiring cost us this game. I couldn't be prouder of our boys. Go Pies!

well said, very well put, I am gutted, but so proud of our boys, we have a lot too look forward too. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Coulda, shoulda, woulda . Didn't.

Very proud of these boys and look forward to seeing more of the positive direction Bucks has taken them in the second half of this season in 2017.

Go Pies.

#SIDEBYSIDE
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:28 pm

jatsad wrote:

Umps are pathetic.

I have never understood why this continues to be allowed to happen. I wonder how quickly the umpire would call 50 is the Hawks opponent come to them when they guard the player on the mark?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:30 pm

mandy wrote:
Coulda, shoulda, woulda . Didn't.

Very proud of these boys and look forward to seeing more of the positive direction Bucks has taken them in the second half of this season in 2017.

Go Pies.
Where did Didn't proud of these boys and look to seeing take of the positive direction Bucks took them in the second half of this season in 2017 more of the positive direction Bucks?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:31 pm

[quote="Mugwump"][quote="Museman"]
AN_Inkling wrote:

Mediocrity is an inability to see, and value, courage and a proud fight against the odds when it is shown to you.

Like this very much! Football/life is not always about winning to me - just my personal bent. So being a Collingwood supporter for nearly fifty years is not always about winning games, it's about being proud of the Magpie name and I am so very proud of it today.
So f&*ing pleased by the way, that Adam Treloar has always admired Bucks!!!! Brilliant come-back today Adam!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Gutted but very proud, we gave it our best shot on the day,lacking some vital players, one player like taylor adams in, and we would have won it, no doubt. Piss and poop are very average, hope the cats tear these old pricks too pieces, they are beyond lucky and I utterly loathe them now like I have never loathed a team before. ! GO Cats. !!

100%

And my hatred of the cats is legendary!

Hearts on the line effort, yep silly mistakes (not Marleys fault that was a good kick, but you don't wait for the ball, we had two players who let that hawk in)
Best captains game I've seen from him.
If anyone has doubts about Cloke surely they don't now
I'll give Bucks a big pass for that one, the players all played like their future depended on it

I'm shattered, the umps stole it, but I'm really pissed we didn't ruin the Hawks top 4 finish

Good way to finish the season

Cmon GWS!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:36 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jatsad wrote:

Umps are pathetic.

Good point
Should be banned

It is banned. It's against the rules. You can't stand next to the man on the mark. Haw did it nearly every time. Lewis even held Treloar in the last on the wing, and Treloar just looked at the ump in disbelief as it was allowed to happen. Spineless cunce these maggots. YOU CANNOT BLOCK THE MAN ON THE MARK, YOU CANNOT STAND NEXT TO HIM. Hawthorn have s ploy where they sometimes stand off, and as the player is soon to be called to play on, slowly move closer to the man on the mark so that when they are standing alongside our player on the mark, it's already technically been called play on, so they are blocking at the exact time of 'play on' (barely). They are on another level with their borderline cheating tactics, and the umpires have no balls to stop it. It's pebbly smart, and pisses me off that we, the biggest team in the land, don't have the halls to push the rules like the top teams. Our team is just too nice.

Last edited by Raw Hammer on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Beast wrote:
Donny wrote:
Quite unbelievable, most of these comments. Sad

FANTASTIC effort by the boys. What a game !!

Equalled and headed time and again but they kept coming.

Treloar's 3 quarter effort of 36 disposals was outstanding.

Howe, again, our best down back.

lulz, I'm as negative as they come in regards to our status quo but if you're moaning about this effort you really should forget the interwebs,

What ?!? You see my post as a moan ? Dead set idiot.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:37 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jatsad wrote:

Umps are pathetic.

Good point
Should be banned

After Trealor was CLEARLY Kneed in the head and back by the sniper,which should have been a free to us and a forward entry,He was the CLEARLY held while on the mark. This is umpiring 101.You don't even need a whistle for these blatant kicks. I hope Buckley has the guts to call the cheating filth out.And Hodge as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13   

Jump to: