Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Gallant Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dalyc wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Museman wrote:
Eliminate brown we win by 4 goals.....

Don't be proud of that, I certainly hope the players are not......IDIOTIC mistakes cost them a football game.

Sure Rolling Eyes Brown was very good, shut his man almost completely out of the game.

It's definitely a game to be proud of. With 10+ of our best 22 missing we almost got the job done against Hawthorn in their most important game of the year.

Agree, Brown very good, wasn't the Dawks KPFs who hit the scoreboard. Made the 1 mistake as I remember it and that was the kick across HB.

Ditto Williams. People must be watching different games. Without Williams attack on the footy in the last, we don't get close.

We watched the same game but some of us find it very hard to accept such basic errors. No-one will question Marley's run or endeavour but there is a very good reason why he was such a low pick. His decision making is abysmal, especially when the pressure is on. He has been given sufficient opportunity and has not improved that aspect of his game at all. The likelihood is that he never will. The Pies will never be successful whilst the butcher of the backline is a member of the team.

Absolutely. As fans we have to voice the obvious and stop being "glass half full" when there is a permanent leak at the base!!

Fear not; when Ramsay, Scharenberg and Langdon are fit Marley won't get a game.

And that would be a real positive. Marley cost us badly today with his errant kicking. Marley William's Dream Stats 2015 - 76.1 average over 20 games. Marley William's Dream states 2017 - 54.1 average over 10 games. Cooked!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:20 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
think positive wrote:
And I agree with Donny, seriously guys, how could you knock our players after that? They left nothing in the tank

Coz half arent even pies supporters

But you are or so you think.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Museman wrote:

Don't be proud of that, I certainly hope the players are not......IDIOTIC mistakes cost them a football game.

Sure Rolling Eyes Brown was very good, shut his man almost completely out of the game.

It's definitely a game to be proud of. With 10+ of our best 22 missing we almost got the job done against Hawthorn in their most important game of the year.

Agree, Brown very good, wasn't the Dawks KPFs who hit the scoreboard. Made the 1 mistake as I remember it and that was the kick across HB.

Ditto Williams. People must be watching different games. Without Williams attack on the footy in the last, we don't get close.

You obviously missed his blind swat from a pack to a stationery Lewis to kick a goal on the 3/4 time siren. It's just DUMB football. For every 3 goals he stops one on o e, he causes 3 goals from dumb play,

Right, so defenders shouldn't try to spoil the footy toward the boundary.

Spoil??? It was a loose ball that bobbled in the air. Hell no a defender should not blindly swat the ball high inside D50 without knowing what's there. Grab possession, keep it locked in, anything but blindly swat the ball to a vacant lot or land inside D50. Wow.

Right, grab the ball and get pinged for holding 20m out DIF. The issue wasn't the swat, it was that our players didn't hold structures leaving a ring of unmanned opponents. That's an experience aspect.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Museman wrote:

You obviously missed his blind swat from a pack to a stationery Lewis to kick a goal on the 3/4 time siren. It's just DUMB football. For every 3 goals he stops one on o e, he causes 3 goals from dumb play,

When you're in the corridor inside D50 in a 50/50? No. A spoil is a punch from an aerial contest. That was a dumb blind swat to a dangerous position right down a left footer's throat on the good side for a left footer to kick unopposed at goal from 25m? So no, a defender in 2016 SHOULD NOT 'spoil' towards the boundary.

It was the right play, just the wrong outcome. Leigh agreed.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:25 pm

Apart from the odd dumb stuff I thought we out-Hawked the Hawks today. Our ball movement was generally pretty darn good and we were going at 82% efficiency at half time. History will show that after some years of decline that 2016 we stablised after a bad start and started to go back up again.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:29 pm

[quote="dalyc"]
inxs88 wrote:

Fear not; when Ramsay, Scharenberg and Langdon are fit Marley won't get a game.

Exactly!!! Don't know why folks are bleating when Marley (despite his courage, G and D and kudos to him for that) probably wouldn't even be in the team if others were available. He was dropped a few games back, so it's not as if the selection panel had much choice! Who else could have been selected in that position?
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 pm

I haven't got much to add to what's already been said.Very proud of the boys'efforts today,and bitterly disappointed with the result.

Oh,and I hate Hawthorn as well. Evil or Very Mad
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 pm

We watched the same game but some of us find it very hard to accept such basic errors. No-one will question Marley's run or endeavour but there is a very good reason why he was such a low pick. His decision making is abysmal, especially when the pressure is on. He has been given sufficient opportunity and has not improved that aspect of his game at all. The likelihood is that he never will. The Pies will never be successful whilst the butcher of the backline is a member of the team.

I haven't ever suggested that I'm happy with errors but I'm yet to see a player in any team in any era who has been perfect with every ball use and to walk away from that effort and nit-pick 1 or 2 players for specific errors as though they were the difference in the result is just plain wrong.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Cannot fault the effort, very proud.
However, we had a chance to relegate them down to 6th on the ladder making it that little bit harder for them to get 4 in a row, now we've given them a sniff...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:40 pm

jackcass wrote:

I haven't ever suggested that I'm happy with errors but I'm yet to see a player in any team in any era who has been perfect with every ball use and to walk away from that effort and nit-pick 1 or 2 players for specific errors as though they were the difference in the result is just plain wrong.

Swanny usually ran at about 60% during his prime, but I guess 60% of 40 looks better than 75% of 20.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Museman wrote:

Spoil??? It was a loose ball that bobbled in the air. Hell no a defender should not blindly swat the ball high inside D50 without knowing what's there. Grab possession, keep it locked in, anything but blindly swat the ball to a vacant lot or land inside D50. Wow.

Always easy to focus on a pressured mistake and claim it cost us the game. That same manoeuvre is undertaken ten times in an average game with no comment. It woild have been better if Brown had cleared it more authoritatively, but most of the time his action would have helped in moving the ball away from their goal face and as a percentage play, it was fine. In the end, it is the amount of time that the game spent up forward for them, and the number of times that they were able to mark comfortably in F50 that won them the game. Compared to Brown's swat, i'd be more dark on the backman (Maynard, I think) who,left Rioli on his own several times in their F50 for easy marks and goals.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Cam wrote:
Apart from the odd dumb stuff I thought we out-Hawked the Hawks today. Our ball movement was generally pretty darn good and we were going at 82% efficiency at half time. History will show that after some years of decline that 2016 we stablised after a bad start and started to go back up again.

Agree 100%

As far as the umpires are concerned, the best thing the AFL could do is un-mic them. This is the reason they're so full of their own self importance AFAIC.

MM

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Mountains Magpie wrote:
Cam wrote:

Agree 100%

As far as the umpires are concerned, the best thing the AFL could do is un-mic them. This is the reason they're so full of their own self importance AFAIC.

MM

IN all honesty,the game was much better umpired back in the good ol footy days of the 50s 60s 70s, when we had only ONE damn ump on the field, for the whole friggin game, I kid you not, the game was much better umpired bac then, far better, now four of the dickheads cant even do it, they are absolutely shite, the whole system is rigged too. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:55 pm

This is why I think bux isn't a good coach.
Have a look at the game day tape.
2 minutes to go with us up 1goal
Hawthorn set up with 3 attacking midfielders.
We set up with Crisp tagging Burgone and 2 attacking midfielders.
We also have a spare man in defence and they have the extra man coming off the back of the square in an attacking position.
They get a goal.
It was all out attack by the Hawks.
We then on the bounce set up with 2 defending mids and one attacking mid.
Hawks have one defending mid and a extra defender.This is
completely different from the previous bounce for the Hawks.
Hawks practice with this situation all the time.
We needed a win today and we needed to attack fully at this point in time but we didn't.

Last edited by thompsoc on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:00 pm

thompsoc wrote:
This is why I think bux isn't a good coach.
Have a look at the game day tape.
2 minutes to go with us up 1goal
Hawthorn set up with 3 attacking midfielders.
We set up with Crisp tagging Burgone and 2 attacking midfielders.
We also have a spare man in defence and they have the extra man coming off the back of the square in an attacking position.
They get a goal.
It was all out attack by the Hawks.
We then on the bounce set up with 2 defending mids and one attacking mid.
Hawks have one defending mid and a extra defender.TksfjwZvschit
completely different from the previous bounce

Our entire team should have flooded back into their forward line , all of em, flood the bastards, and man up every prick, it aint rocket science. Idea Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: