Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My Worst Nightmare!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 5:28 pm
Post subject: My Worst Nightmare!Reply with quote

Oh my God Tottenham r gonna win the FA Cup-it's inevitable after their comeback last night as we say over here their name's already on the cup.It's such a terrible thought 4 me to deal with I can see them fluking their way to the final in Cardiff & then winning it whilst Arsenal come close in everything but end up with bugger all.They r such undeserving scummers,they were still chanting 'we want Graham out' even when they were 4-2 up.

If there is a god up there please don't let it happen
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 9:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ dipper

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 1:59 am

Have no fear my gooner friend, Tottenham have absolutely no hope!
They will crash and burn next round!

Apologies to WKB!
rash 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 12:44 pm

I'm sure the arse will fear The Reds. What was that score line on December 23rd. 4 nil me thinks. I'm sure Dipper will remember that.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 6:10 pm

Ah Rash my scouse friend,I do indeed remember the game (although I would have been hard pressed to remember the date-do u have a little diary where u write reviews of the games & give the players scores & little comments-such as 'St Mike was great today he's my hero 9/10'-LOL).But u r right I do fear drawing Liverpool,I think if it was at Anfield we would have a small chance of winning,if it was a home tie then maybe 50/50-that game u talked about was strange because we were the better team for much of the 1st half even though u were 1-0 up but when u scored the 2nd we put in one of the most gutless displays that I can remember from an Arsenal side-THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR HOISTING UP THE WHITE FLAG.
WKB I'm not that confident of beating Chelsea as they have shown themselves to be a real cup side over the last 5 years & they seem to be playing well in recent games (usually at home though)also Tony Adams is suspened for the game as well as your favourite Arsenal player Ray 'massage' Parlour who is being tipped for a place in the England side(even I don't agree with that one!)Also I wouldn't fancy drawing Spurs as u really don't want your bitter enemies in a cup game especially when u r supposedly the better side cos u know the b@stards r just gonna turn the game into a real dog fight & bring u down to their level but I just can't get rid of this nasty feeling that Spurs will be lifting the Cup in May call it gut instinct.Anyway I'm a lot nmore interested in the Champions League which starts up this week again,we've got the French side Lyons & it's a real must win game.
I don't know if u saw over there but Man Utd have done some commercial tie up with the NY Yankees Baseball club so that they can crack the American market & have loads of idiot American kids going 2 school wearing a Man U top,well I don't know about all u lot but I'm pretty sick of the way big sports clubs r going the way they're trying to screw every last penny out of their fans & what do they use the money 4? just to pay even more wages to players that r alreay making more money than they can ever spend-Andy Cole just been given a new contract worth Ł60k per week & I mean the guy's hardly Pele is he,he can't even get in the England side!
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 5:38 pm

I think that might be a final that the authorities would want to avoid!
Could u imagine if it did happen though, u wouldn't be watching like u normally would in a final & really hoping that your side won instead you'd be sitting there just praying that u didn't LOSE cos of the next 50 year's worth of baggings from every spurs/arsenal supporter that u came accross in the rest of your life.
PS it's no surprise that Americans & Canadians like Spurs they also like Ice Hockey & Basketball-enough said
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 12:13 am

The news about the Man U Yanks tie up was interesting. I spent 2 yers in NYC before moving here. Gotta few mates over there, who know nothing about it. Check the Yanks website.....nothing there about it....nothing in the Post or Times about it...perhaps the New Yoikers don't give a toss about Manure!

Wow, it must be important then. As for millions of Americans running around it ManU shirts...I don't think so. Football shirts must be the most unstylish fashion accessory/item of clothing ever invented.

Even Americans would'nt wear them (my wifes one, and she thinks they suck big time, esp. the ManUre ones!)

The Yankees have more pressing business at any rate, like paying Derek Jeter 190 million for his new contract (it works out to over $US30,000 per at bat), getting a decent relief pitcher, hoping Knoblauch can throw to within less than 2 yards of 1st base, and hoping their golden oldies can stay fit for another season, and resigning Mariano.

I'll ask someone to check out their store on 5th, but I think they will see no Man U gear! Never believethe hype on Sky. If Beckham farts its a breaking news story for them!(find the unintended pun there!)

WKB, had no idea u were at Stoke, should win there mate, but I think going all the way is a bit of a long shot. Still, I wish you luck, seeing Millwall ain't in it!

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 5:25 pm

WKB I was just getting to like u & then u go & print something like that,so I'll just leave u with a little chant that has been sung at White Lane on many occassions this season to cheer u up

'We want our Tottenham Back'-hehehe

Ps If u think the Worthington Cup is a trophy & not just a glorified biscuit tin then it shows just how far behind us u lot are!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: