Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is the feasible? (RE: Trade Period)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Because of the youth of our list I wouldn't be surprised if we used our next year's first draft pick to help us secure a ready made key position player this year.

We traded 2015's 1st round pick and we've traded 2016's 1st round pick. Isn't the rule something about teams being required to use 2x 1st round picks in a 4 year period? If we trade in a 1st round pick to use this year does that satisfy that rule or does have to our original 1st rounders?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:38 pm

jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Because of the youth of our list I wouldn't be surprised if we used our next year's first draft pick to help us secure a ready made key position player this year.

We traded 2015's 1st round pick and we've traded 2016's 1st round pick. Isn't the rule something about teams being required to use 2x 1st round picks in a 4 year period? If we trade in a 1st round pick to use this year does that satisfy that rule or does have to our original 1st rounders?

Don't ask me. Confused
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Glad I'm not the only 1 who hasn't got a clue!
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Don't ask me. Confused

Any one will do. So if we swapped pick 6 for pick 10 like we did with WCE to get Scharanberg, that would still count as using a first rounder that year.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Don't ask me. Confused

Any one will do. So if we swapped pick 6 for pick 10 like we did with WCE to get Scharanberg, that would still count as using a first rounder that year.

Get's back to whether we can use the 1st traded in or if it has to be ours to meet the 2 in 4 year requirement. Seems Rudie & I have NFI.

EDIT: My bad, totally misunderstood your post, any 1st rounder will do.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:53 pm

jackcass wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Don't ask me. Confused

Get's back to whether we can use the 1st traded in or if it has to be ours to meet the 2 in 4 year requirement. Seems Rudie & I have NFI.

And my answer was that it is OK. Doesn't have to be original I believe

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Don't ask me. Confused

And my answer was that it is OK. Doesn't have to be original I believe

Yep, as per my edit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: