Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is the feasible? (RE: Trade Period)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:38 am
Post subject: Is the feasible? (RE: Trade Period)Reply with quote

Theres been so much negative media about how we do not have a 1st round pick this year. Other clubs have made similar moves, but you dont really hear much about that.

Anyway, to "get back into the draft", are these scenarios feasible, or am I overrating the value?

*Witts goes to Brisbane for pick 20.

*Williams goes to Freo for pick 21 or to West Coast for pick 30.

*Cloke goes to Richmond for pick 24.

All these picks will be those clubs round 2 selections. Obviously the Richmond pick could be tricky as they'll be wanting to get Prestia done first.

Are we best to go for picks like this, which would give us 4 picks between 20 and 25. Or should we target other players like Hibberd, WHE, Ed Langdon, etc?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:55 am
Post subject: Re: Is the feasible? (RE: Trade Period)Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Theres been so much negative media about how we do not have a 1st round pick this year. Other clubs have made similar moves, but you dont really hear much about that.

Anyway, to "get back into the draft", are these scenarios feasible, or am I overrating the value?

*Witts goes to Brisbane for pick 20.

*Williams goes to Freo for pick 21 or to West Coast for pick 30.

*Cloke goes to Richmond for pick 24.

All these picks will be those clubs round 2 selections. Obviously the Richmond pick could be tricky as they'll be wanting to get Prestia done first.

Are we best to go for picks like this, which would give us 4 picks between 20 and 25. Or should we target other players like Hibberd, WHE, Ed Langdon, etc?

Presti I think we aren't out of the race for a 1st round pick. We may be able to manufacture it by trading a couple players in a 2 or 3 way deal and get our GWS pick (or another pick in the 1st round) back as they need points for academy picks. They will get some sort of pick for the guy going to Freo but Freo have said they won't be giving up there 1st round pick for him. It might be a case of being creative with some players and draft picks
This draft isn't loaded with stand outs so maybe not having a 1st round pick won't be damaging as it would be in other years
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

why do we need to get "back into the draft"? if daicos and brown are being selected as f/s what else is required given the list is pretty much where they want it?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:10 am

Just keep talking to me as long as you can.
jmac70 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:33 am

Williams is staying.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 am

That's good - we need a CHF.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:05 pm

The list isn't where it needs to be, cant believe someone would even say that?

Realistically we can load up on second rounders but we need to trade for some new stock.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:18 pm

I don't really see a need to 'get back into the draft'... With Daicos and Brown, plus Sier, plus the return of Shazza, Ramsey, Elliot etc. who essentially were all out for the season, I think we're fine for youngsters coming in/back.

And Keefe/Thomas.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
I don't really see a need to 'get back into the draft'... With Daicos and Brown, plus Sier, plus the return of Shazza, Ramsey, Elliot etc. who essentially were all out for the season, I think we're fine for youngsters coming in/back.

And Keefe/Thomas.

Yep, this. Think we'll still manage to use our 2nd round pick on someone other than Brown & Daicos and we'll get a couple of late Hine specials to get us up to the minimum 38 player squad. Think we'll hold off on promoting anyone until there is an identified need.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:55 pm

jackcass wrote:
Boogie Knights wrote:

And Keefe/Thomas.

Yep, this. Think we'll still manage to use our 2nd round pick on someone other than Brown & Daicos and we'll get a couple of late Hine specials to get us up to the minimum 38 player squad. Think we'll hold off on promoting anyone until there is an identified need.

The "Hine Special"
The most overrated fried sausage on the block.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 pm

John Wren wrote:
why do we need to get "back into the draft"? if daicos and brown are being selected as f/s what else is required given the list is pretty much where they want it?

JW if I'm not mistake we have to make a minimum changes each year to our list through the draft and or free agency or rookie upgrades correct ?
Thus far we've lost Swan Toovey McCaffer and likely to lose a couple in the trade period so that's 5 minimum.
Brown and Daicos make 2 and I think we can elevate Keefe and Thomas so that's 4 so we would need to find 1 more. Also I think Gault is a rookie listed player who may not be retained but not sure if we have to fill that hole.
Oxley is being asked about by the lions and Suns so we may need to replace him, Williams days might be numbered if he wants to go west so may need one there as well and Witts might command some overs at the trade table depending on how we see him long term then we have the Cloke issue as well
I don't think we will be as active as the past couple years but we will be active regardless
Plus we need to keep adding some height in key areas at some stage
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:36 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
John Wren wrote:

JW if I'm not mistake we have to make a minimum changes each year to our list through the draft and or free agency or rookie upgrades correct ?
Thus far we've lost Swan Toovey McCaffer and likely to lose a couple in the trade period so that's 5 minimum.
Brown and Daicos make 2 and I think we can elevate Keefe and Thomas so that's 4 so we would need to find 1 more. Also I think Gault is a rookie listed player who may not be retained but not sure if we have to fill that hole.
Oxley is being asked about by the lions and Suns so we may need to replace him, Williams days might be numbered if he wants to go west so may need one there as well and Witts might command some overs at the trade table depending on how we see him long term then we have the Cloke issue as well
I don't think we will be as active as the past couple years but we will be active regardless
Plus we need to keep adding some height in key areas at some stage

Unless I'm mistaken we've already met our minimum senior list changes with the 3 retirements of Swan, Toovey and Macaffer.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:38 pm

thompsoc wrote:

The "Hine Special"

Good looking forward to you posting your selections ahead of trade/draft days
That way we can compare you player analysis versus Hine

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Because of the youth of our list I wouldn't be surprised if we used our next year's first draft pick to help us secure a ready made key position player this year.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:31 pm

neil wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

The "Hine Special"

Good looking forward to you posting your selections ahead of trade/draft days
That way we can compare you player analysis versus Hine

I heard about the Hine specials every draft period over a number of years.
Where are they?
Name some players who are diamonds from mid 3rd round on that we have picked up in the last 8 or so years.
There are a few players who are ok.
But no A graders or elite players
Probably no B graders either.
A few potentials ....have been for yonks.
I have said repeatedly the Hine is a reasonable recruiter but nothing special.
But every draft day we get Hine special, the magic of Hine.. etc..etc...
And every year when I mention this I get the usual what would I do.
Pay me a million dollars a year like Hine and I will do it.

Last edited by thompsoc on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: