Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Boomer Harvey, a one year Magpie ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Pass. Would rather take a chance on a draftee who could potentially be the next Boomer or Swanny. Might take a different perspective if we were playing finals this year and looking good to challenge the top 4 next year so more than likely 12 months early.

This, he has plenty to offer for a side on the verge of a premiership, but i don't think we're that side, Doggies would be a good fit.

Petrie could be worth a punt as a (break glass in case of emergency) ruck for a year if we trade Witts though.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Be Miles better then Blair
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Nicks, how to we auto ban idiots for threads like this one? Get ready for an avalanche !!!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:56 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
The idea has some merit, and Boomer could provide the team with reward for effort as a clever small forward in something like the role that was intended for Swanny this year. To many times the efforts of the backs and mids was lost when the ball hit the forward line.

That being said, Hayden Ballantyne would be an even better option.

If I had to take one of the two, Ballantyne it would be.

But i don't think we need either, we need to get our own players on the park.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
jmac70 wrote:
How will he help our kids?

Advice, mentoring, hints, being an inspiration too them, footy smarts, his vast experience and knowledge of the game is endless. Idea

Yep why not? Dirt cheap experience, and he really has a go

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:32 pm

No thanks. We don't want anyone over the age of 25. Let's create our own history by regenerating our list through the draft. Not interested in any players who only give us one year of service. We learned our lesson with Lynch, Young and Russell.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:33 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
No thanks. We don't want anyone over the age of 25. Let's create our own history by regenerating our list through the draft. Not interested in any players who only give us one year of service. We learned our lesson with Lynch, Young and Russell.

Add Brereton

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 pm

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,

Not in a million years

NO!
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Generally I would be against recruiting a 38 year old, however, Boomer would be an exception because of one very important thing.......Our forwards are extremely unreliable from an injury perspective. If you told me that Elliot, Moore & Fasolo would all be injury free next year and 2017 then we would have no need for Boomer. However, all these guys have proven to be fragile and we could use Boomer roaming the forward line. He is still sharp and quick and I reckon he could complement our very young group.

Get him, coz I think he has 2 more good years left and he can deliver the footy. What have we got to lose? He may not even want to play on, but if he did he would not cost much.

MONCO: Your life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Generally I would be against recruiting a 38 year old, however, Boomer would be an exception because of one very important thing.......Our forwards are extremely unreliable from an injury perspective. If you told me that Elliot, Moore & Fasolo would all be injury free next year and 2017 then we would have no need for Boomer. However, all these guys have proven to be fragile and we could use Boomer roaming the forward line. He is still sharp and quick and I reckon he could complement our very young group.

Get him, coz I think he has 2 more good years left and he can deliver the footy. What have we got to lose? He may not even want to play on, but if he did he would not cost much.

It's bad enough we missed out on Stevie J last year, who would have had a absolute picnic in our clustercluck forward set-up in 2016.
There is no better and smarter front-and-square player than Harvey, if we can get him for nothing, DO IT!!

Young and Russell weren't fit to tie Harvey's bootlaces.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:38 pm

No.

I'd rather take a chance on an untried rookie. He is 38. We won't be winning the premiership next year.

No point really.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:42 am

I'd just like to see him say one game for Collingwood was better than 431 for North. Cool

We could even make a jumper to commemorate his first Collingwood game.

North-BH400-2015.jpg

Because 1 game for Collingwood means so much more than 400+ for North.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:44 am

Darkstranger wrote:
Nicks, how to we auto ban idiots for threads like this one? Get ready for an avalanche !!!!

oh pardon me for having an opinion, for actually trying to put forward something I believe is positive, if you want too see an idiot thread, check out that trade darcy moore one of several days ago. saying people are idiots is a cheap shot, and totally unwarranted pal. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:49 am

piedys wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

It's bad enough we missed out on Stevie J last year, who would have had a absolute picnic in our clustercluck forward set-up in 2016.
There is no better and smarter front-and-square player than Harvey, if we can get him for nothing, DO IT!!

Young and Russell weren't fit to tie Harvey's bootlaces.

I cant see any harm in it, actually I feel a tad sorry for him, getting the arse on the eve of the finals, to an absolute champion, what on earth is coach Scott up too, this will decimate Norths confidence now, why wasn't it done post season. Question Thing is boomer is still playing great footy, he has the pace still, we have nothing to lose and all too gain I reckon. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:01 am

Having seen Boomer in action at a training session at local level I would grab him as part of the coaching group not as a player. Great communicator with players and the players listen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: