Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Roos to follow Pies lead tomorrow (inside word)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Roos to follow Pies lead tomorrow (inside word)Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
I genuinely apologise for questioning you and your source. I will enjoy a generous serving of humble pie.

Ahem!!! I informed Nick's about Swannie retiring 4 weeks ago..... Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure that I had a go at you or your source the, but if I did, then I also apologise to you too Lazza
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:39 pm
Post subject: Re: Roos to follow Pies lead tomorrow (inside word)Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
I genuinely apologise for questioning you and your source. I will enjoy a generous serving of humble pie.

Ahem!!! I informed Nick's about Swannie retiring 4 weeks ago..... Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure that I had a go at you or your source the, but if I did, then I also apologise to you too Lazza

No in all honesty, you didn't ever have a go at me on this issue so no need for any apology dude!

I just wanted to share the news here when I did as I was a tad upset because I loved Swannie. Crying or Very sad Sad

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

burnsy17 wrote:
What a stupid thing to do on the eve of the finals!!

Yep, this weird and freaky decision,on the eve of Finals, makes even our Board look like Rhodes scholars ! Why didn't they wait till season is over, how can these champs now perform in finals, after being sacked, more or less ???? Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Petrie is cooked has been all year. Bit surprised by the other 3 actually. Harvey will finish top 5 or 6 in there best and fairest again this year I reckon. Del Santo maybe has suffered from a few injuries in recent years but seemed to be back going ok and Furrito has been sound (he was never brilliant)

I would actually give Harvey 1 season as a small forward like Stevie J at GWS and tell him it's his job to coach the forwards during the game and maybe slip up the ground a get a few touches at a contest if needed. His experience would be great in young players if he is happy to play that role.
He wouldn't command big coin and I think the lure of 450 games might be enough to make him think about it seriously.
We will be sadly lacking experience even more if Cloke and Goldy depart as well.
hot pie Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Well done folks you have all conducted yourselves like true gentlemen in this thread

Others take note!!!!!!!!!11
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:25 pm

9-0 North and 13 rounds later 4 out the door. Gutsy calls, the right ones too, similar to our calls on Dids, Jolly et al. BUT imagine the naysayers when they are 3-7 next year. It'll be like Nick's.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Cam wrote:
9-0 North and 13 rounds later 4 out the door. Gutsy calls, the right ones too, similar to our calls on Dids, Jolly et al. BUT imagine the naysayers when they are 3-7 next year. It'll be like Nick's.

All the 4 North supporters at work (and 2 other Shinboners I know outside work) are really pissed off at Scott, so similar in that sense to Collingwood fans on Nick's. Twisted Evil Razz

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:49 pm

It is the smart thing to do in terms of retiring the players. Timing is extremely questionable although I doubt the Roos will have an impact in the finals either way.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:54 pm

^

Right decision, questionable timing yes.

Would it have been better to leave it to after they finish their season and deny the players a farewell?

I reckon it says they are being realistic that their chances of going deep in September are slim this year, so they might as well be up front, let the players have their farewell lap as it were and see what happens.

Personally, I'd rather be going into the finals knowing each game could be my last than thinking I was still a prospect to play then finding out afterwards.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:36 pm

WOW!!! I'm not sure what has shocked me more, that North has sacked 4 senior stars of the club on the eve of finals or that a rumour posted on Nick's has actually come true??? Shocked

MONCO: Your life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:52 pm

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

Have it on good authority that Brad Scott has informed:

* Brent Harvey
* Nick DalSanto
* Michael Firrito
* Drew Petrie

have been told they won't be offered contracts next season. Boomer is apparently shattered.

Yet I would be shocked if OP's source was correct in this instance.

Get online in 24 hours with an apology re the validity of my source. Deal???

Not doubting your sincerity in posting the rumour, but will be watching closely to see if North validate it.
As somebody posted earlier, it would be just farcical and unprofessional for an AFL club to release such information on the eve of a finals series.

And we would ALL be mortified for Harvey if this was the case.

Great scoop mate!
Glad to see the Pauperoos validated that rumour with the sort of administrative ineptitude that only they can manifest.

What a pathetic clustercluck of a club.
If this doesn't dis-unify the team morale to breaking point, resulting in a first week finals knock out, then i'd be even further shocked again.

Daz 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:18 pm

inxs88 wrote:

* Brent Harvey
* Nick DalSanto
* Michael Firrito
* Drew Petrie

have been told they won't be offered contracts next season. Boomer is apparently shattered. Don't be surprised if Hawks come sniffing as Clarko is a big fan. At 38 years of age his form is still brilliant. Can't tell me he wouldn't be better than Blair.

Maybe an Assistant coaching playing role for a year.

Can your source give me tomorrow nights powerball numbers? Cool
nice dude Very Happy
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Really bad move by North in regards to Harvey. North should have thought long and hard over "Age vs Form". Nick Del, Petrie and Firrito were up and down all season. Yes they were probably over the hill.

Harvey is a genuine gun, even at his age he rarely get injured and last week against Sydney he had 32 disposals and kicked three goals. For my mind if he wants to play on he is a no brainier pick up for another club in the premiership window. even if he only plays ten to fifteen games next year he could well win a side a grand final. Could see him going to a GWS....scary thought.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:50 pm

piedys wrote:
piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* Brent Harvey
* Nick DalSanto
* Michael Firrito
* Drew Petrie

have been told they won't be offered contracts next season. Boomer is apparently shattered.

Yet I would be shocked if OP's source was correct in this instance.

Get online in 24 hours with an apology re the validity of my source. Deal???

Not doubting your sincerity in posting the rumour, but will be watching closely to see if North validate it.
As somebody posted earlier, it would be just farcical and unprofessional for an AFL club to release such information on the eve of a finals series.

And we would ALL be mortified for Harvey if this was the case.

Great scoop mate!
Glad to see the Pauperoos validated that rumour with the sort of administrative ineptitude that only they can manifest.

What a pathetic clustercluck of a club.
If this doesn't dis-unify the team morale to breaking point, resulting in a first week finals knock out, then i'd be even further shocked again.

Cheers mate. Not sure which word made me laugh more:

* Cluster **** OR
* Pauperoos

Very Happy

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:00 pm

Daz wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* Brent Harvey
* Nick DalSanto
* Michael Firrito
* Drew Petrie

have been told they won't be offered contracts next season. Boomer is apparently shattered. Don't be surprised if Hawks come sniffing as Clarko is a big fan. At 38 years of age his form is still brilliant. Can't tell me he wouldn't be better than Blair.

Maybe an Assistant coaching playing role for a year.

Can your source give me tomorrow nights powerball numbers? Cool
nice dude Very Happy

5 (Nathan)
7 (Treloar)
10 (Pendlebury)
25 (Billy Picken)
26 (Brown)
35 (Daicos)

Supplementary numbers:

22 (Jason Wild)
9 (Jon Ballantyne)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: