Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Roos to follow Pies lead tomorrow (inside word)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This hatred of Blair leads to some funny statements. A 38-39 year old anyone would not be preferable a 25-26 year old any other one unless we were super confident of a flag tilt in 2017.

Blair's still young and will be around for a number of years yet. One of our most consistently picked players won't all of a sudden fall out of favour just because a certain group of fans wish it.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:25 pm

Pretty soon.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:43 pm
Post subject: Re: Roos to follow Pies lead tomorrow (inside word)Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Have it on good authority that Brad Scott has informed:

* Brent Harvey
* Nick DalSanto
* Michael Firrito
* Drew Petrie

have been told they won't be offered contracts next season. Boomer is apparently shattered. Don't be surprised if Hawks come sniffing as Clarko is a big fan. At 38 years of age his form is still brilliant. Can't tell me he wouldn't be better than Blair.

Maybe an Assistant coaching playing role for a year.

1995 draft:

40 Luke Godden Collingwood Northern U18 1995

47 Brent Harvey North Melbourne Northern U18 1995

Well done muppets. And onto 2001:

11 Richard Cole Collingwood Eastern U18 2001

13 Nick Dal Santo St Kilda Bendigo U18 2001

Oh bravo rocket scientists, you really excelled yourselves again.

Had the chance to secure both those players in their youth, but drafted more deadshits; and there were plenty.

I'd be happy to take either or both of those blokes for a year, they are elite ball users.

And give me Petrie and Furito for one year as well, their experience would be invaluable to a list that has just lost three players in the space of 24 hours.

Yet I would be shocked if OP's source was correct in this instance.

HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Is there only one chance to secure those players in their youth but drafted more deadshits; and there were plenty?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:59 pm

HAL wrote:
Is there only one chance to secure those players in their youth but drafted more deadshits; and there were plenty?

No HAL, we fvck up at the drafting table most years actually; that's why were 12th now.

HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:01 am

Can you please rephrase that with fewer ideas, or different thoughts?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:12 am
Post subject: Re: Roos to follow Pies lead tomorrow (inside word)Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* Brent Harvey
* Nick DalSanto
* Michael Firrito
* Drew Petrie

have been told they won't be offered contracts next season. Boomer is apparently shattered. Don't be surprised if Hawks come sniffing as Clarko is a big fan. At 38 years of age his form is still brilliant. Can't tell me he wouldn't be better than Blair.

Maybe an Assistant coaching playing role for a year.

Get online in 24 hours with an apology re the validity of my source. Deal???

1995 draft:

40 Luke Godden Collingwood Northern U18 1995

47 Brent Harvey North Melbourne Northern U18 1995

Well done muppets. And onto 2001:

11 Richard Cole Collingwood Eastern U18 2001

13 Nick Dal Santo St Kilda Bendigo U18 2001

Oh bravo rocket scientists, you really excelled yourselves again.

Had the chance to secure both those players in their youth, but drafted more deadshits; and there were plenty.

I'd be happy to take either or both of those blokes for a year, they are elite ball users.

And give me Petrie and Furito for one year as well, their experience would be invaluable to a list that has just lost three players in the space of 24 hours.

HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:15 am

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:32 am

inxs88 wrote:
piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

* Brent Harvey
* Nick DalSanto
* Michael Firrito
* Drew Petrie

have been told they won't be offered contracts next season. Boomer is apparently shattered.

Get online in 24 hours with an apology re the validity of my source. Deal???

Not doubting your sincerity in posting the rumour, but will be watching closely to see if North validate it.
As somebody posted earlier, it would be just farcical and unprofessional for an AFL club to release such information on the eve of a finals series.

And we would ALL be mortified for Harvey if this was the case.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:33 am

* Brent Harvey is 38 and fresh from playing his 430th game. I think North should let him keep going until he decides its time. One more season and a 450th game should be in Norths plans.

* Nick Dal Santo is still in ok form. But about to turn 33. Hard to see a club throwing him a lifeline. He'd be desperate to play on though.

* Michael Firrito is gone. He was gone a season or 2 ago.

* Drew Petrie has done well to reach 300+ games. But he's about to turn 34. Would a team close to a flag give him a one year deal? The Hawks might be looking for someone to fill the FF spot while Hodge and Mitchell are still running around.

If these guys are shown the door it's a clear sign that North believe their window is closed. I think Dal and Boomer could go again, but North might be looking to the future.

I dont think North will not be in finals contention next year. It'd be a rough time to be a Roos supporter right now with some favorutes not getting a flag and the window closed.

With all these guys named, you'd think Farren Ray (30), Daniel Wells (32), Scott Thompson (31), Jarrad Waite (34) might be tapped on the shoulder too. They've also got plenty of players close to 29-30 including Nahas, Higgins, Swallow, Hansen....

They could be in the trade market this year, looking for picks.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:48 am

Presti35 wrote:
* Brent Harvey is 38 and fresh from playing his 430th game. I think North should let him keep going until he decides its time. One more season and a 450th game should be in Norths plans.

* Nick Dal Santo is still in ok form. But about to turn 33. Hard to see a club throwing him a lifeline. He'd be desperate to play on though.

* Drew Petrie has done well to reach 300+ games. But he's about to turn 34. Would a team close to a flag give him a one year deal? The Hawks might be looking for someone to fill the FF spot while Hodge and Mitchell are still running around.

If these guys are shown the door it's a clear sign that North believe their window is closed. I think Dal and Boomer could go again, but North might be looking to the future.

I dont think North will not be in finals contention next year. It'd be a rough time to be a Roos supporter right now with some favorutes not getting a flag and the window closed.

With all these guys named, you'd think Farren Ray (30), Daniel Wells (32), Scott Thompson (31), Jarrad Waite (34) might be tapped on the shoulder too. They've also got plenty of players close to 29-30 including Nahas, Higgins, Swallow, Hansen....

Our list is in much better shape than theirs. In fact, I reckon we'll win a flag before the Roos, Hawks, Dockers and Cats too.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:20 am

This club is seriously unbelievable.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:44 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Our list is in much better shape than theirs. In fact, I reckon we'll win a flag before the Roos, Hawks, Dockers and Cats too.

You had to do It. You Just gave the Cats the flag. Shut up!

HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:49 am

I didn't have the Cats the flag to give.
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:56 pm

Apparently just confirmed via the AFL's twitter account
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: