Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If a few Hawk boys are too sore to play finals that would be a shame Laughing
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:45 am

stui magpie wrote:
Cloke is in in.

as against any other type of in?

perhaps we'll never know but would cloke have played if moore wasn't injured? i suspect he would have.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:12 am

Yeah, I can understand people criticising saying nothing has changed comparing ladder position last year to ladder position this year and then predicting next year will be no different to this year. But that's not the situation at all when you look at them recently out on the field. You can sense a change in the team where players are starting to gel together and know each other's role in the team. Before the bye and last year, if players got injured during the game or if players didn't play to form, team morale would collapse and the opposition would roll over the top of us. Now when one or two players drop off in form, you witness other players lift in form to take their place. We still have lapses in concentration but all teams do the same. Our first quarter against North Melbourne was terrible to watch. Our second and third quarters against Richmond, we just went missing.
Overall though, our efforts since the bye have been super. We're building up a momentum we can take into next year. Our review of the list has began already with some brutal decisions being made on some player's careers. This is necessary if we're going to get better. As mentioned in another thread there is no sentiment in AFL footy and you just have to accept it if you want to improve as a side. That momentum has to continue against Hawthorn on the weekend. We don't have to beat Hawthorn but laying down and letting them roll over the top of us as they done to us in the past is totally unacceptable.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:40 am

In the Clinton Young Championship Cup I think we will best the Hawkers by around 45 Points. Josh Smith to get the Ceglar Medal with 34 Possessions.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:37 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Yeah, I can understand people criticising saying nothing has changed comparing ladder position last year to ladder position this year and then predicting next year will be no different to this year. But that's not the situation at all when you look at them recently out on the field. You can sense a change in the team where players are starting to gel together and know each other's role in the team. Before the bye and last year, if players got injured during the game or if players didn't play to form, team morale would collapse and the opposition would roll over the top of us. Now when one or two players drop off in form, you witness other players lift in form to take their place. We still have lapses in concentration but all teams do the same. Our first quarter against North Melbourne was terrible to watch. Our second and third quarters against Richmond, we just went missing.
Overall though, our efforts since the bye have been super. We're building up a momentum we can take into next year. Our review of the list has began already with some brutal decisions being made on some player's careers. This is necessary if we're going to get better. As mentioned in another thread there is no sentiment in AFL footy and you just have to accept it if you want to improve as a side. That momentum has to continue against Hawthorn on the weekend. We don't have to beat Hawthorn but laying down and letting them roll over the top of us as they done to us in the past is totally unacceptable.

Spot on.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:46 pm

gees, I hope the hawks don't watch that segment from the dane swan farewell! truly cringeworthy stuff! "and Swan kicks the goal, and defeats Hawthorn in the 2016 premiership! OMG!! really!!

that will fire em up! laughing!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 pm

think positive wrote:
gees, I hope the hawks don't watch that segment from the dane swan farewell! truly cringeworthy stuff! "and Swan kicks the goal, and defeats Hawthorn in the 2016 premiership! OMG!! really!!

Shirley they didn't do that.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:56 pm

For real.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:58 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

they had a mocked up radio cast playing, as if he kicked the winning goal after the siren. truly cringeworthy!!

awful awful awful stuff!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:01 pm

think positive wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

they had a mocked up radio cast playing, as if he kicked the winning goal after the siren. truly cringeworthy!!

awful awful awful stuff!

Wow, you'd think they could find some genuine highlights of Swanny's career, it's not like Gault is retiring
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:14 pm

think positive wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
think positive wrote:

awful awful awful stuff!

Laughing IT could well be BUDDY though, now that would really piss off the Poo and Piss brigade. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:51 pm

piedys wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
No chance!
We will bend over & accept our punishment graciously.

Anything less than a four-quarter effort will be unnacpetable, and I WILL be naming names in the post-match thread....

Dyso I hope I'm that smashed by the end of the game I won't be capable of typing or reading to even name my own wife and child let alone who played well or not. So I'll have to read your post on th Sunday some time make sure you don't play favourites
(I'll be watching your voting as well to see if you give your love child Blair 5 votes again one for each touch he gets)
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Mugwump wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Just want this horrible season over...

Awaiting the cliche-o-meter to be awash with "ripping into pre-season" and membership spin

But this season, horrible, can't wait for it to be over (doubtless after one more pasting)

Truly, I have found this season both frustrating and exciting at different times. I was finding it very hard to keep the faith until the bye, though the Geelong game lit things up a little. Since the bye, though, I have seen a young side really starting to hit its straps. In some ways, I find this phase of a team's development the most exciting period of all as a fan. Smashing weak sides week after week, as we did in 2011, is pleasant ; but it's the moment when you finally break through on the climb that is the most exhilarating. I recall the Carlton game in 1988 or so, when Starc kicked three in the last ten minutes and it was clear that we were really becoming a powerhouse again after years of darkness. That was delirium.

We are clearly not quite there yet, but the development in the second half is great to see, and I love to see confidence and belief growing. As Mike Sheahan said recently, after that game against the Dogs, we actually looked an exciting young side, and I look forward to each week at the moment.

Always love your enthusiasm mate, always good to read

I'm afraid for me, I've HATED this whole year. I've hated how divisive I've found it, how lacking in passion I've been, how distant I feel from the players, and now Dane Swan gone!

New heroes will emerge I'm sure, but I hope you can understand, that I've felt "my" Collingwood is gone somehow...

At the moment, I'm in need of a break from...this! I'm sure I'll be energized next season, but I need a break from Moanna Hope stories, netball exclusives, "rip into pre season" spin and trade radio with Barrett...

I need a break from the frustration! UFC here I come...

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:53 pm

daicos35 wrote:
If a few Hawk boys are too sore to play finals that would be a shame Laughing

Spot on, every player should be told "if you don't get suspended you haven't done you job"

The blood of the Hawks has to flow like the rivers of ancient Babylon.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Every one?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: