Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We won't make the finals in 2017

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:09 pm
Post subject: We won't make the finals in 2017Reply with quote

unless we acquire an established KP forward.

Cloke miraculously staying won't make any difference either.

As it stands I can only be confident of our list being better than brions' and carlton's. The rest are either way ahead or on par with ours.
I'm aware of Bucks isn't a quitter mantra but if he was smart he'd do the honourable and right thing by our Club and walk after at this season's conclusion.

Discuss.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing we have White then Very Happy.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:21 pm

You probably think that's funny, Inky. Shocked
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Gee, isn't it nice giving the team away, even before the end of year draft and trading period. Don't even know whether it's the list that's the reason, or the coach that we have. So by all means blame the list or the coach. By that way you have all bases covered.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:51 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Gee, isn't it nice giving the team away, even before the end of year draft and trading period. Don't even know whether it's the list that's the reason, or the coach that we have. So by all means blame the list or the coach. By that way you have all bases covered.

Thanks for the kind words broseph, soz I can't reciprocate.
Having said that you clearly have at least one base covered - lack of understanding.

But I'll elaborate, just cause I'm a nice bloke somewhere down deep inside.

It's now Bucks' list so the two aspects you mention are now inseparable just for starters.

Therefore Bucks will be the one largely responsible for us being back in ruck next year in best case scenario but we'll give ourselves half a shot of making the finals if we land another decent forward.

The other being Moore in case you're wondering....
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:52 pm

Oh look another sack Buckley thread
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:39 pm

neil wrote:
Oh look another sack Buckley thread

This one at least has a premise that we can engage with, namely the importance of acquiring anoter KPF.

I have written elsewhere that Witts is maturing nicely, and he may yet become a good AFL ruckman. Hell, if Ceglar can do it, then Witts can, too. Or Cox. Given how important another mobile KPF is to our chances, I would like to see us try Grundy there for a few weeks. Grundy is mobile at ground level, and he has become a good contested mark. He's a good shot on goal. Moore and Grundy would be a bastard to match up on.

I know it would be robbing the ruck of one of the best rucks going round, but we may have another ruckman who can do the job well enough. A strong CHF - which we don't have - could be the difference between really going places and being an 10-6 placed team.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:41 pm

We have Moore, Fas, Elliott, and Jesse seems to be getting better n better, give us a relative injury free season, and we can definitely make top eight.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:46 pm

If we are relying on Darcy 1 touch Moore to lead the forward line then yep, we are £$%$ed.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
We have Moore, Fas, Elliott, and Jesse seems to be getting better n better, give us a relative injury free season, and we can definitely make top eight.

Moore is 2/3 years away from becoming a consistently dominant force and that's if we don't run him into the ground by asking him to carry the forward line on his own, Fas will have his ups and downs like most midsized forwards do and Billy's fitness is a major concern at best while Jesse is a pure third tall...

It's elementary chessman, we need another KPF like most of us need air.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Beast wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Moore is 2/3 years away from becoming a consistently dominant force and that's if we don't run him into the ground by asking him to carry the forward line on his own, Fas will have his ups and downs like most midsized forwards do and Billy's fitness is a major concern at best while Jesse is a pure third tall...

It's elementary chessman, we need another KPF like most of us need air.

Well now, the elephant in the room is saying, we still have cloke, contracted for one more year., Confused Incidentally, this cloke leaving the PIes is now media driven, by the likes of caro, robbo, king, connally, etall,as if its a fait accompli, its not at all, he is still contracted to us,and that's it, it is not done and dusted by any means. Exclamation

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:49 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
If we are relying on Darcy 1 touch Moore to lead the forward line then yep, we are £$%$ed.

jeezus that's harsh, he did kick about five a few weeks back, then got injured, he is a fantastic solid mark, and a better kick for goal than cloke is. And he is kid, just a kid still learing the caper. I recall it took the great Peter Mkkenna about three full seasons too start to really get good, have some patience for chrissakes. Confused

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:13 pm

That's why trading Cloke is stupid. If Darcy doesn't have Cloke to take the monster defender and Darcy has him week in week out for the entire season at what 20yo we will quickly burn him out. The OP is right in that we need another KPP that we can develop with Darcy now that we still have Cloke.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

jeezus that's harsh, he did kick about five a few weeks back, then got injured, he is a fantastic solid mark, and a better kick for goal than cloke is. And he is kid, just a kid still learing the caper. I recall it took the great Peter Mkkenna about three full seasons too start to really get good, have some patience for chrissakes. Confused

I tend to agree with ES and the OP. Moore is promising and can be relied upon for an odd game where he'll tear it up but to expect him to carry the forward line at this stage of his development is just a bridge too far. I'll wait and see what we do during the trade period but I'm hopeful we'll land a KPF and then add others during the draft.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
That's why trading Cloke is stupid. If Darcy doesn't have Cloke to take the monster defender and Darcy has him week in week out for the entire season at what 20yo we will quickly burn him out. The OP is right in that we need another KPP that we can develop with Darcy now that we still have Cloke.

I agree trading Cloke is silly but we still need to add KPP depth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: