Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

All Hail The Magoos! 12 Straight! Taps for PM!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
35forever wrote:
There is a reason for that, to most of us Collingwood's biggest problem isn't slow forwards, running patterns, or forward defense, it's a man, one man, who continues putting himself before the club year after year, destroying our hopes, and setting us back further each year.
I'm sorry it upsets you, I don't come here to hurt other Magpies, despite what many think, but how does one discuss anything Collingwood-related without mentioning by far what I see as the biggest obstacle to our success?
I've been through dozens of seasons when Collingwood simply wasn't one of the top sides, and it hasn't always agreed with ladder position, but more often it did. The last few seasons of the millennium were a great example. Ironically the single great player, who really showed how weak our list was by comparison (exactly like when Judd moved to Carlton), was Nathan Buckley. He was supported by O'Bree & Paul Williams, but the rest were just not enough. They weren't duds, they just weren't as consistent or as competitive as other sides, and TS wasn't a great coach, but we don't know that he was all that bad, players have since come out & said he was ok, and had the players behind him, he just didn't have the players.
If we can accept that Swanny or Pendles are nearly as good as Buckley, then the current list is far, far better than that of 1999 because champions like those 2 don't stand out so completely. Steelo, Adams, Trelz, Grundy, and 15 others are right up there, those 2 guys aren't BOG every week like Bucks was. I say these things to explain myself, not to put the boot in, and I mentioned Taps because when we do seek a new coach he probably should be considered. I know this is (relatively) off topic, and I will undertake not to mention the senior coaching in this thread again. If necessary, I'll wait for you to have the last word then I (or the mods) can delete this post, as you prefer.

Still this delusional belief that the noisy few constitutes "most". If that was anywhere near the case we wouldn't even be having these debates as the club would have acted.

17,644. The "most" have spoken. Hard evidence suggests the "most" aren't on board.

As I say, delusional to assume that declining attendances at Collingwood games do not reflect a league wide decline in attendances. You, and the few, continue to interpret every possible morsel as negatively as you possibly can. Life must be sweet.

And yet they dislike being called negative nellies... Twisted Evil

They can go jump! They ARE bloody negative nellies, nothing more, nothing less... Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: