Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:19 pm
Post subject: 17,644Reply with quote

Jeepers. Lowest home crowd since 1989. Our lowest Victorian crowd since Fitzroy game in 1994!!!

Shame on you Collingwood supporters. How dare you vote with your feet. Embrace mediocrity for god sake. Embrace excuses.

Turn up to nothing round 22 games and stand by Buckley you selfish buggers!

Last edited by Krakouer Magic on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Essendon,who only had one win up until last week still got more-18,000 last week against the same side.I think it shows that the magpie army has given up on this team.

Correction,i just went on the A.F.L website and noticed that Essendon drew 16,600 against the Gold Coast last week.Still a very poor crowd for us though.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:37 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Even Essendon,who only had one win up until last week still got more-18,000 last week against the same side.I think it shows that the magpie army has given up on this team.

Not the team, just the coach.

BTW I nominated the record crowd in the pregame thread. Do I get a prize?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:46 pm

1). Nothing to play for tonight with both sides not playing finals this year. Merely a good hit out more than anything else.

2). Played at Etihad rather than the MCG.

3). Cold and wet night kept some people away.

These are three main reasons for the low crowd in my opinion.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:46 pm

we are not the biggest club in the land
And how did we get to this position?

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:47 pm

melliot wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Not the team, just the coach.

BTW I nominated the record crowd in the pregame thread. Do I get a prize?

Haha I'm happy to give you a picnic or mars bar if you like!

Yeah it ain't the team. It's the coach. And the decision to go on SEN last night and try and justify the last 5 years couldn't have helped any "fence sitters" wanna come to the game.

When the President is on TV basically saying "WTF Nathan?" Why would the supporters want to give a shit.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:54 pm

Jezza wrote:
1). Nothing to play for tonight with both sides not playing finals this year. Merely a good hit out more than anything else.

Seriously?

Reason 1 I'll agree with that. But 2 and 3 contradict themselves. Played at Etihad under a roof so the cold and wet night isn't as much of a factor.

Face it, the majority are feed up with the coach and his excuses. And I'm sure the majority have had a gutful of pert too. In preseason, pert said were finals bound in 14,15 and 16.

Now Nathan guarentees the "sweet spot" is from 2017 to 2022... Talk about moving the goal posts to suit your agenda

Last edited by Krakouer Magic on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:01 am

It is a concern considering we had about 37,000 turn up at the MCG in 2012 when we played the Gold Coast, back then we were still flying and were yet to begin a significant downward spiral (although we all probably felt that one was suspiciously looming). So about 20,000 Collingwood fans decided not to show up. Most of our games over the past few years are 15,000 to 25,000 short of the mark usually, happens to all clubs when the team is not up to standard. It is the consistency of the side that turns people off. We just do not get an honest effort every week, nothing to hang our hats on. When that consistency returns the crowd numbers will increase but once a team loses the trust of the fans it is very hard to win it back. Even Melbourne and St. Kilda fans have not fully returned because of this and they have had better seasons than us in 2016.

MONCO: Your life.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:02 am

That is telling the Club
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:10 am

Would that crowd be a loss for the club?
Precarious 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:58 am

xx

Last edited by Precarious on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:45 am

Ed took his 2 boys along to bulster the crowd.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:14 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Seriously?

Reason 1 I'll agree with that. But 2 and 3 contradict themselves. Played at Etihad under a roof so the cold and wet night isn't as much of a factor.

Face it, the majority are feed up with the coach and his excuses. And I'm sure the majority have had a gutful of pert too. In preseason, pert said were finals bound in 14,15 and 16.

Now Nathan guarentees the "sweet spot" is from 2017 to 2022... Talk about moving the goal posts to suit your agenda

Actually they don't

I know shitloads of people who don't go to Etihad because they hate the atmosphere. And those same people have happily sat in the cold and sleet rain at the MCG. Not to mention the quagmire of the car park!

It wasn't just freezing last night, it was bloody boring! More than once I lost track of play and had no idea what was going on! It was so quiet I almost laid down on the seats for a nap! And you still had to walk back to the car, only light rain but still....

But yeah the crowd stayed away because we are God awful to watch right now. Last night was two teams zoning off, playing kick to kick. I'm surprised someone got stretchered off it was so soccer like! I missed that bit, I was thinking about getting my eyebrows waxed!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:57 am

Members/Supporters have been voting with their feet regrading Shitihad stadium for years and the AFL and the Club simply ignore that fact. The AFL try to make some dollars playing a "well supported club" there. It has been an absolute failure this year and I am loving it. In my view the Caterers who pay big dollars for the catering rights should be seeking a renegotiation of the contract. In saying that the Dogs and Roos have been getting bums on seats because they win more than lose and that offsets the loss of bums from our games. Add The current form of the Pies and that of the opposition and basically it was a nothing game, I would suggest it was a good crowd.

Nothing will change as the AFL and the Club treat it's members and supporters with disdain as they try to turn our game into a TV game like the NRL.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 am

May I ask where you got view the Caterers who pay big dollars for the catering rights should be seeking a renegotiation of the contract?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: