Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reds into Worthless Cup final

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rash 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 7:39 am
Post subject: Reds into Worthless Cup finalReply with quote

Hey dudes

The Mighty Reds made the Worthington Cup final by pumping Crystal Palace 5 zip in the return leg. Does anyone know who the other finalist is? If we win this, which cup do we get into for Europe?

Thanks in advance

Rash Man

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 5:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Other finalist is either Ipswich or Birmingham City. I believe that a place in the UEFA cup is up for grabs too.
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 5:50 pm

Yeah Man there is a definite UEFA cup place for the winners,although if as seems likely Liverpool qualify for the Champions League then it becomes immaterial & I don't think the place would go to the runners up should Liverpool win but probably to the team finishing 6th or 7th in the League.
You may call it the worthless cup (& you'd be right )but did u see Liverpool's 2nd goal from Danny Murphy it was a SCREAMER I wouldn't be surprised to see that dude get into the next England squad as he is flying at the moment.Poor old Michael Owen looked a forlorn figure in the crowd,what a bummer all washed up at 21 ain't life tough?
rash 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:28 am

Danny Murphy was looking the goods until he injured his knee in our 2 nil win over Leeds in the F.A Cup. He had just started to win a regular spot in the team. We have Berger to come back who is in full training after injuring his knee against none other than Leeds.

St Mike will be back when he gets over his achillies problems. His achillies heal is actually his achillies heal.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 7:41 pm

Liverpool have the best supporters ever. Did anyone see the reaction when Barmby kicked that goal ?? The supporters went nuts......Joffa you would have been proud

All i have to say is that Liverpool are on fire !!!!!!!
They beat Leeds without Owen, Gerrard, Redknapp and Berger with Heskey and Barmby only playing for 20 minutes. Litmann our gun recruit was on the bench as well. We are getting another striker from Bayern Munich. Gerard Houillier is creating a magnificant squad.

We will win the Worthington Cup with ease. The only thing that will stop us is the fact that a few days earlier we play AS Roma in Italy as part of the UEFA Cup. Next year we will be in the Champions League back where we belong!!!!!!!

Oh when the reds go marching in!!!!!!!!!!!!

joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:52 pm

I certainly did see it jon and i gotta say the odd tingle went down the spine!!

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:03 pm

JLC the striker from Bayern Munich is Zickler & to be honest he's not as good as any of those you've already got & Liverpool have totally denied that they're after him,it's probably just his agents talking things up so he gets a better contract from Bayern.But I have to say it they r looking pretty good at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: