Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post season list improvements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
What do we need?

A full back

Another key marking forward

A small crumbing forward.

Who can we trade out to help get them?

Witts
Cloke
Williams

Non-negotiables

We must draft Brown and Daicos

Possibilities

I'm not completely sold on Hurley, but reckon Sam Reid could be a great pick up if we were confident about his physical shape.

Keeffe may surprise us and fill a key defensive position, even enabling Ben Reid to be switched up forward.

Frost may prove he's better than he's shown this year.

Broomhead may finally knuckle down and do the hard work over the pre-season to emerge as the small crumbing forward we desperately need.

Good calls. Maybe better to wait a year for Sam Reid who'll be a free agent next year and still only be 25 and hopefully has had 12 months of footy matches and training built into him.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Lazza if it wasn't for our speculation we would nothing to speculate about !!
Personally I would like to see us bring in a new fresh face assistant who's been at winning culture for a few years and give them the midfield role.
Let Sando over see the back line, Burnsy over see the forward line and Buckely just look at the overall game plan.
Speaking of game plans or lack there of I think we need a rethink on ours. When the boys are full of run and carry and take the game on and everyone contributes 100% in defensive pressure we go good but when some players are off for whatever reason we get burnt and burnt bad.
Seems to me it's not a style that can be played every week to the highest level s it's draining and tiring. Trying to get the players fitter hasn't worked see our injury list as for that theory.
So let's look to what strengths the players bring naturally and work on improving those. We do have some very competitive beasts so we should always finish square with contested footy.
We need to find run off the HBF that can link short with a Pendles or Treloar or long to a Moore or White type who can then swing it deep quickly giving our marking targets a 50/50 chance.
I think everything isn't broken but needs adjustment and maybe some new ideas and eyes
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:55 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Oh beaut, it's time for 1 of our at least bi-weekly regurgitated list hypotheticals.

Hasn't Blair's contract just been extended?

Thought he and White had their contracts extended at the same time a few weeks ago. Now they list Blair as a free agent which is a bit strange?!

Blair has been listed as a FA all season so the change would be a shift to contracted. Can't find anything on the CFC website.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:01 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

True qldmagpie67! I guess I wasn't complaining about the speculation itself (I too have speculated here before), rather the need for 2 or 3 new threads on speculative topics each week!! However I should know by now that if the Mods are happy with this, I should just STFU. Cool

BTW, qldmagpie67 if it wasn't for our coaching situation, most of the Nicksters would have nothing to whinge about!! Oh the utter bloody bliss of that thought rivals thoughts about me winning tattslotto... Twisted Evil

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:10 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

I don't have an issue with speculation, but surely we deserve something with just a hint of originality rather than the same tired Witts, Brown, Macaffer, Sinclair, Williams etc etc etc OUT speculation thread every week. This weeks variation, throw in Hurley (as if he hasn't been in the mix all season). I eagerly await this weeks second iteration of the same thread and I'm keenly looking forward to the 2-3 next week.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:28 pm

jackcass wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I don't have an issue with speculation, but surely we deserve something with just a hint of originality rather than the same tired Witts, Brown, Macaffer, Sinclair, Williams etc etc etc OUT speculation thread every week. This weeks variation, throw in Hurley (as if he hasn't been in the mix all season). I eagerly await this weeks second iteration of the same thread and I'm keenly looking forward to the 2-3 next week.

Ok Jack I hear you what your saying is we need more original speculation and non truth gossip ?
So let's start a thread saying Pendles and our next 1st rd draft pick is being traded to the Lions in exchange for Mitch Robinson and Ryan Bastinac sound ok ?
Or we could go with the Holden centre is being demolished to make way for a bronze statue of bucks and Eddie having a kick to kick ?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Let's get back to that later.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:57 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Ok Jack I hear you what your saying is we need more original speculation and non truth gossip ?
So let's start a thread saying Pendles and our next 1st rd draft pick is being traded to the Lions in exchange for Mitch Robinson and Ryan Bastinac sound ok ?
Or we could go with the Holden centre is being demolished to make way for a bronze statue of bucks and Eddie having a kick to kick ?

You forgot the big story - Victoria Park is being sold to the Carlton Football Club for a large sum payable to Carla McGuire and Tania Buckley Enterprises Ltd. It will be renamed the "George Harris and Jack Elliott Memorial Oval", ploughed up with a rotary hoe and laced with human manure, and then Robert Walls, John Nicholls and Jeannie Pratt will dance naked every week at midnight sacrificing Auskick kids wearing Collingwood jumpers. Fact. Take it to the bank.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:03 am

Good to see the post detour into frivolity!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:47 am

Our salary cap space should open up well with the trades and delistings. Interesting to hear that David Cloke said all discussions re Travis' future shall be held in 2 weeks time with club. All whilst he is off holding meetings with Blair Hartley (Tigers list manager).

The old double dip!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:17 am
Post subject: Re: Post season list improvementsReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
WHAT DO WE LACK?

* small crumbing forward Ballyntine is up for grabs. But Meh. Although, I would consider if he was the steak knives in a deal. Jamie will hopefully be back next year. Dont think theres many other crumbers up for grabs.

* quality small back who provides both run and carry + shuts down smalls. Aaron Mullett from North. 184cm, 24yo. Probably more of a mid, but I think can play a small defensive role. Can win a hard ball and has a decent kick. Knows how to sneak up for a goal too. Of course Hibberd is now the best Banned Bomber left who would suit this role, but its looking like its Dees or Dons for him.

* an elite tall back to provide support for Reid. This is the tough one. Hurley is gone. Tom McDonald is gone. Keeffe is coming back, but is still an unknown. Interesting idea about Ricky Henderson. Dont know if he is the answer. Jack Grimes in the same boat. Will be the hardest spot to fill, unless we go cheaply in the FA pool, but I dont think those guys are elite.

* a "Gunston" type 191cm forward capable of 40-50 goals per year Aaron Black from North? Played 50 games, 24 years old, 192cm, cant get a game in front of Wood and Daw. Bad sign is only 3 games in 2 seasons. Will Hoskin-Elliott is also obviously gettable via trade. Oxley could also prove to be this player.

I think we can also forget O'Meara. Suns asking too much and we cant match it.

Prestia would be nice to get, not that we lack smalls. But his has much better skills than ours. Has picked Richmond as his club, but is there still a chance we can make a steal?

Not keen on Vickery at all. Too much baggage and is 27. Better off keeping Cloke IMO. If we were to go looking for a back up ruck in free agency, Id rather look at Zac Clarke. But again, we'll see what the Witts and Cloke trades will bring. (Thats if we trade them).

Brown and Daicos will be on the list next year. There's nothing to worry about there.

The club has said we'll be involved pretty heavily in trades again, but I dont see how we're going to land a star or the KPP we desperately need.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:28 pm
Post subject: Re: Post season list improvementsReply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
WHAT DO WE LACK?

* small crumbing forward Ballyntine is up for grabs. But Meh. Although, I would consider if he was the steak knives in a deal. Jamie will hopefully be back next year. Dont think theres many other crumbers up for grabs.

* quality small back who provides both run and carry + shuts down smalls. Aaron Mullett from North. 184cm, 24yo. Probably more of a mid, but I think can play a small defensive role. Can win a hard ball and has a decent kick. Knows how to sneak up for a goal too. Of course Hibberd is now the best Banned Bomber left who would suit this role, but its looking like its Dees or Dons for him.

* an elite tall back to provide support for Reid. This is the tough one. Hurley is gone. Tom McDonald is gone. Keeffe is coming back, but is still an unknown. Interesting idea about Ricky Henderson. Dont know if he is the answer. Jack Grimes in the same boat. Will be the hardest spot to fill, unless we go cheaply in the FA pool, but I dont think those guys are elite.

* a "Gunston" type 191cm forward capable of 40-50 goals per year Aaron Black from North? Played 50 games, 24 years old, 192cm, cant get a game in front of Wood and Daw. Bad sign is only 3 games in 2 seasons. Will Hoskin-Elliott is also obviously gettable via trade. Oxley could also prove to be this player.

I think we can also forget O'Meara. Suns asking too much and we cant match it.

Prestia would be nice to get, not that we lack smalls. But his has much better skills than ours. Has picked Richmond as his club, but is there still a chance we can make a steal?

Not keen on Vickery at all. Too much baggage and is 27. Better off keeping Cloke IMO. If we were to go looking for a back up ruck in free agency, Id rather look at Zac Clarke. But again, we'll see what the Witts and Cloke trades will bring. (Thats if we trade them).

Brown and Daicos will be on the list next year. There's nothing to worry about there.

The club has said we'll be involved pretty heavily in trades again, but I dont see how we're going to land a star or the KPP we desperately need.

Good summary Presti! Reckon the Pies shall look to parlay our second round pick with an acquired second rounder and seek to move into first round of draft and maybe snare a tall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: