Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 20 - Box Hill vs Collingwood at Box Hill City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:57 am
Post subject: Round 20 - Box Hill vs Collingwood at Box Hill City OvalReply with quote

When and Where:
1:00pm this Saturday at Whitehorse Road.

Broadcast:
Radio - Streamed live on Collingwood Radio via collingwoodfc.com.au at (this portal) and through the Collingwood FC smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 12:50pm. Data usage and charges apply, including for Telstra customers. Broadcast live on 3WBC community radio (94.1 FM in Eastern/South-Eastern Melbourne, online at the 3WBC website or at this link and via the TuneIn app for iPhone and Android) from 12:00pm. Data usage and charges apply for online usage.

Internet - Live updates at collingwoodfc.com.au, score updates in this thread and on Twitter at @VFLPies

Team:
B: Toovey, Frost, M Smith
HB: Golds, Kelly, R Pendlebury
C: Williams, Macaffer, Collopy
HF: Cloke, Wyatt, Gault
F: Gray, Witts, Ferguson
R: Cox, Borthwick, Goodyear
I: Wallace, Hellier, Close, Moloney, Matheson, L Howe, Hinkley, Indovino, Tardrew*

Where They Sit:
Box Hill: 9th (7 wins, 9 losses, 3 byes, 104.78%)
Collingwood: 2nd (13 wins, 3 losses, 3 byes, 119.72%)

The Ladder:

Getting There:
Car
- Located at the intersection of Whitehorse Road and Middleborough Road, Box Hill. Limited car parking available inside the ground and in the adjacent Bolton and Davey Streets. Extremely limited parking also available at the nearby Laburnum railway station.

Public Transport
- Take the Lilydale or Belgrave railway line service to Laburnum station. From there, the ground is a short 5 minute walk away along Thiele Court, Minna Street and across Whitehorse Road.

- Take tram route 109 from Port Melbourne/City to Centro Box Hill Shopping Centre. From the Centro Box Hill terminus, take Bus 279 Doncaster to the stop near the intersection of Whitehorse and Middleborough Roads.

Last Time They Met:
Round 11, 2015 at Victoria Park
Collingwood 9.8.62, def
Box Hill 9.6.60

Head to Head:
Played: 11
Box Hill: 5
Collingwood: 6

How They Fared Last Week:
Collingwood 12.12.84, def
Port Melbourne 10.8.68

Sandringham 9.15.69, def by
Box Hill 13.13.91

The Run Home:
Box Hill - Collingwood (H), Casey (H)

Collingwood - Box Hill (A), Footscray (A)

The Stakes and the Scenarios:
Collingwood
- If Collingwood win or draw and Casey win, the Magpies will remain in 2nd, guarantee themselves a place in the top 2 and earn the right to a home Qualifying Final.

- If Collingwood win and Casey lose or draw, the Magpies will ascend to 1st, guarantee themselves a place in the top 2, earn the right to a home Qualifying Final and sit either a game or half a game clear of the Scorpions, with the results of Round 21 to decide the minor premiership.

- If Collingwood lose and Williamstown win, the Magpies will slip to 3rd, with the results of Round 21 to decide 2nd place.

- If Collingwood lose and Williamstown lose, the Magpies will remain in 2nd, guaranteed of a place in the top 2 and earn the right to a home Qualifying Final, with the results of Round 21 to decide 1st and 2nd place.

Box Hill
- If Box Hill win and Essendon win, the Hawks will sit a game outside the 8 in 9th, with the results of Round 21 to decide 8th place.

- If Box Hill win and Essendon lose, the Hawks will rise to 8th, with the results of Round 21 to decide 8th place.

- If Box Hill lose and Essendon win, the Hawks will finish Round 20 two games out of the top 8 and will be out of finals contention.

- If Box Hill lose and Essendon lose, the Hawks will finish Round 20 a game behind Essendon in 9th place and will need to beat Casey and rely on Essendon losing in Round 21 to finish in 8th place.

Trivia:
- Collingwood have won their last 3 encounters with Box Hill, but they haven't traveled to Box Hill City Oval since Round 13 of 2013. The result that day was the beginning of this particular winning streak, with the Magpies prevailing by 7 points.

- Following on from that, the Magpies have had a particular knack of lining up with a high profile senior player in their team in each of these last 3 wins over the Hawks. In 2013, it was Dayne Beams on return from a three month quad injury. In 2014, Luke Ball was demoted to the VFL as his career wound down to a close. And in 2015, Ben Reid played for the VFL Magpies in the middle of (yet another) comeback from persistent soft-tissue complaints. Will Travis Cloke continue the streak on Saturday...?

Note:
- This match will form the first act of a Saturday afternoon and evening double-header of Collingwood football. The VFL match will finish at approximately 3:30pm, leaving Magpie fans intent of viewing both games live just under 4 hours to commute between venues before the first bounce in the AFL at 7:25pm.

- There will be a curtain-raiser played beforehand, in the VFL Women's competition between the Eastern Devils and Diamond Creek, which will feature Collingwood women's team football manager and player Meg Hutchins playing for the Devils. Game begins at 10am and will finish at approximately 12:15pm.

Milestone:
Lachlan Wallace - 50 games

Over to you...

Last edited by MagpieBat on Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Time Between Finish of VFL and Start of the AFL Game
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Play Pokémon to kill the time.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Or Kill Pokemon to play the time.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Not a fan, I take it...?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Good guess. Not a fan, ever. Don't understand the backstory, never watched the cartoons, basically NFI at the attraction.

Now if we were talking Dragon Ball Z or the classics such as marine boy or speed racer, then I'm on board Wink

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:12 pm

Best of both worlds, for me anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4e3CDc1r5k

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:53 pm

Another OP update: this week marks a milestone for another VFL-listed stalwart in Lachlan Wallace, who is set to play his 50th VFL game (49th as a Magpie, after just 1 game as a Dolphin).

Has missed most of the season with a foot injury and only played his first game back last week, in which I thought he was adequate enough. Still a heck of high stakes clash to come into with such little footy under your belt, though.

Well done, young fella. Play well. And get the win...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Team's in...

Box Hill v Collingwood
VFL Round 20
Saturday 20 August 2016
Box Hill City Oval, 1pm

Collingwood
B: Alan Toovey, Jack Frost, Matthew Smith
HB: Tim Golds, Jordan Kelly, Ryan Pendlebury
C: Marley Williams, Brent Macaffer, Jordan Collopy
HF: Travis Cloke, Darrean Wyatt, Corey Gault
F: Nick Gray, Jarrod Witts, Lachlan Ferguson
Foll: Mason Cox, Gus Borthwick, Matthew Goodyear
Int (from): Lachlan Wallace, Jack Hellier, Ash Close, Ben Moloney, Cal Matheson, Lachlan Howe, Dale Hinkley, Adrian Indovino, Lachlan Tardrew (23rd man)

Captain Jack returns, and just in the nick of time, with a golden ticket up for grabs.

Gus Borthwick named, after staggering off in pain with a wrist complaint late in the match against Port.

Cox returns from injury without another tall omission, so it's going to be interesting to see just how they juggle such a tall lineup.

One of Cloke, Williams or Macaffer will, you would think, play a first half at most and then head over to Docklands on standby, which complicates things further...

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Team's in...

Box Hill v Collingwood
VFL Round 20
Saturday 20 August 2016
Box Hill City Oval, 1pm

Collingwood
Int (from): Lachlan Wallace, Jack Hellier, Ash Close, Ben Moloney, Cal Matheson, Lachlan Howe, Dale Hinkley, Adrian Indovino, Lachlan Tardrew (23rd man)

Captain Jack returns, and just in the nick of time, with a golden ticket up for grabs.

Gus Borthwick named, after staggering off in pain with a wrist complaint late in the match against Port.

Cox returns from injury without another tall omission, so it's going to be interesting to see just how they juggle such a tall lineup.

One of Cloke, Williams or Macaffer will, you would think, play a first half at most and then head over to Docklands on standby, which complicates things further...

Just as a matter on interest, Andrew Tardrew from Sandhust in Bendigo (23rd man) is a brilliant youngster who has big wraps in him. I work with a few who know him as a player and rate him extremely highly.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:09 am

Lazza wrote:
Just as a matter on interest, Andrew Tardrew from Sandhust in Bendigo (23rd man) is a brilliant youngster who has big wraps in him. I work with a few who know him as a player and rate him extremely highly.

He's been lively Laz playing across HB.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Lazza wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Team's in...

Box Hill v Collingwood
VFL Round 20
Saturday 20 August 2016
Box Hill City Oval, 1pm

Collingwood

You mean Lachlan Tardrew...?

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:22 pm

I've only ever been to watch the VFL at Vic Park but I'm going tomorrow. It's close to home and it might be my last chance to see Trav in the black and white. Sad
#SIDEBYSIDE
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:12 pm

mandy wrote:
I've only ever been to watch the VFL at Vic Park but I'm going tomorrow. It's close to home and it might be my last chance to see Trav in the black and white. Sad

Well, he was nothing short of spectacular in the second half last week, so enjoy! By the way, Bucks just said to Rohan Connoly on SEN that Cloke is still contracted and a required player - in other words, you really had better go this week!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:04 pm

mandy wrote:

this is an interesting development.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10   

Jump to: