Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke in 2017

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want Travis Cloke at Collingwood in 2017?
YES
58%
 58%  [ 56 ]
NO
41%
 41%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 96

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ 35F, they have been playing him well up the ground in several of his recent games, notably vs Richmond.

Since a standout performance against GWS , he had a good one against Adelaide (ca 17 possessions, 2 goals), but since then he has averaged ca 8 possessions for returns of 0, 0 and 1 goal against North, WCE and Richmond).

So I don't think he'll kick 5 any time soon on his current form. I love the big fella and I want him to succeed, but I think every knowledgeable commentator in the football world at the moment is saying that he is too cumbersome and he needs to lose bulk and gain aerobic fitness to get back to the kind of performance that you describe. I really hope he does.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 pm

think positive wrote:
And yet how often does he kick a goal from the boundary, while missing the easy ones! Play to his strengths! But know, lets zone this crap!

he doesn't kick em from the boundary as often as he misses, but as those are considered major difficult shots, they don't get focused on like the OOF from the goal square.

I really like the guy but the fact that he's been a pro footballer for over 10 years and is still a horribly inconsistent shot for goal says a lot about his mind.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:48 am

Buckley has stated changes to personnel will be major at the end of this year (Code for Rebuild Rolling Eyes ). Buckley has stated that Cloke is a contracted player and he will honor his contract. I take that as if a club offers up a great deal for Cloke (including taking over his contract) we would trade him.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:00 am

If Buckley is finally starting his rebuild... (and we thought it was last year, or the year before... surprise!!!), there will be zero chance Cloke will still be with us next year.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:59 am

35forever wrote:
Yes! But NOT at FF! Play him between the arcs! He will win us games. He'll kick 5 goals playing up the ground and giving Darcy support. He was BOG for the Magoos and took a mark near the back pocket at one point. He can run all day, strong as 2 blokes, just cant kick set shots under pressure... dont fricken make him!!! He can deliver a 50m pass lace out, he'll mark 3 oppo kick in's every week and another 3 for us!

WHY won't people listen?! .

Yep.

Play to his strengths

E 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:05 am

think positive wrote:
35forever wrote:
Yes! But NOT at FF! Play him between the arcs! He will win us games. He'll kick 5 goals playing up the ground and giving Darcy support. He was BOG for the Magoos and took a mark near the back pocket at one point. He can run all day, strong as 2 blokes, just cant kick set shots under pressure... dont fricken make him!!! He can deliver a 50m pass lace out, he'll mark 3 oppo kick in's every week and another 3 for us!

Yep.

Play to his strengths

this works well when Moore plays since Moore is ready now to be the player cloke was 3 years ago. The problem is that without Moore, all of Clokes efforts would be completely wasted as there would be no-one to kick to.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:38 am

E wrote:
think positive wrote:
35forever wrote:

Yep.

Play to his strengths

this works well when Moore plays since Moore is ready now to be the player cloke was 3 years ago. The problem is that without Moore, all of Clokes efforts would be completely wasted as there would be no-one to kick to.

Exactly, play him as a fool, protection for our next great KPP. Crazy not too. If his salary is is reduced to a more normal figure, why not? Why give him up for chips, or worse, pay part of his salary? Why recruit another white (although I'm not bagging him, I see why he was brought in) to do the same job? You just never know, he might get back to a semblance of his best, and he still attracts the attention of at least two defenders, that takes massive pressure of Moores fragile young body.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:18 am

think positive wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:
35forever wrote:

Yep.

Play to his strengths

Exactly, play him as a fool, protection for our next great KPP. Crazy not too. If his salary is is reduced to a more normal figure, why not? Why give him up for chips, or worse, pay part of his salary? Why recruit another white (although I'm not bagging him, I see why he was brought in) to do the same job? You just never know, he might get back to a semblance of his best, and he still attracts the attention of at least two defenders, that takes massive pressure of Moores fragile young body.

Well we agree with each other completely. Now we need to convince the rest of this rabble we call Nicks. Only then will Collingwood take action to keep him.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:21 am

I don't think that's very polite.
AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:48 pm

If Bucks is coaching leave if Ed pulls his head in and gets a new coach id say stay
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:55 pm

E wrote:
think positive wrote:
E wrote:
think positive wrote:
35forever wrote:

Yep.

Play to his strengths

Well we agree with each other completely. Now we need to convince the rest of this rabble we call Nicks. Only then will Collingwood take action to keep him.

hehehe, cheers

oh and I meant foil not fool!! Embarassed Embarassed

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Your handiwork, Pies4Shaw...?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/32-travis-cloke.1130184/page-76#post-46131002

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Really good article in HS which explains why it is insane to trade Travis Cloke. With Darcy Moore next year, we could have a lethal combination right there, with Travis' physical strength syphoning off opposition defensive agression from Moore. Who else do we have capable of such a role? Jesse White??
Opposition teams are secretly laughing at our idiocy.
It is just so obvious that we need Cloke next year to support and play a role in diverting oppostion resources away from Darcy Moore as Moore comes onto the scene as burgeoning star.
Our coach will be carrying out a crime if he gets rid of Cloke. We need more kp players, not fewer.
If Buckley engineers the departure of Cloke,my anger with his monstrous decisions will go into overdrive. If it eventuates, it will prove to be one of the most catastrophic decisions ever made at CFC.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Apparently 63% of Nicks has totally lost it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 pm

Two great posts, and that poll is scary!

Let's bogey who's the two was part of the last premiershi! I'm backing him!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: