Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke in 2017

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want Travis Cloke at Collingwood in 2017?
YES
58%
 58%  [ 56 ]
NO
41%
 41%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 96

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
He's a shadow of what he was, on inflated coin but still worth something. Trade him to get back into the first round and use the freed up salary cap of a free agent or to lock in some future stars.

I just don't see him as part of our next premiership team.

Yep, his pathetic misses, shots i could kick pissed, blindfolded and spun 720 degrees, absolutely demoralise the team.

Gone.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:45 pm

If I have to choose one, I pickTrade him to get back into the first and use the freed up salary cap of a free agent.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:46 pm

HAL wrote:
If I have to choose one, I pickTrade him to get back into the first and use the freed up salary cap of a free agent.

Excellent

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:36 am

Skids wrote:
Wokko wrote:
He's a shadow of what he was, on inflated coin but still worth something. Trade him to get back into the first round and use the freed up salary cap of a free agent or to lock in some future stars.

Yep, his pathetic misses, shots i could kick pissed, blindfolded and spun 720 degrees, absolutely demoralise the team.

Gone.

So you agree with trading Darcy Moore as well? His misses on Friday night were shocking and extremely costly. I'd throw in Tom Phillips for his utter stupidity in costing us 12 points...

Hell Pendles has missed a few easy shots, better trade him whilst we are at it!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:47 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Skids wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Gone.

So you agree with trading Darcy Moore as well? His misses on Friday night were shocking and extremely costly. I'd throw in Tom Phillips for his utter stupidity in costing us 12 points...

Hell Pendles has missed a few easy shots, better trade him whilst we are at it!

WTF , Moore is a young kid of huge potential still learning the caper, cloke is a massively experienced player, but misses the easiest soda goals one could ever see, lets us down up forward constantly now. Has never been a reliable kick for goal, and hes completely lost form and confidence. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:02 am

In: Cloke
Out: Bucks
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:56 am

stui magpie wrote:
I didn't vote.

Would I like to see him stay? Yes.

Do I think he'll stay, No.

I don't think the club will actively seek to trade him unless that's what he wants. There a definite changes to his game that the coaches want him to put in place and he seems to have struggled with doing what they want, even though statistically to the outsider he's seemed serviceable. If he's not willing or capable of genuinely understanding and embracing what is being asked of him, then it's better for both parties if he moves on.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed but he's an emotive bloke who needs to clearly understand his role so his mind is clear and have his confidence up. If his mind is clouded and/or confidence down he's borderline a liability.

Agree, but basically what your saying is he needs a coach that can encourage and motivate him?

Not sure that a coach who comes out and says it's not his job to motivate players, and then sticks him on the naughty corner, is going to get the best out of him then.
Also not sure why Cloke is the one who leaves. Coaches are a lot easier to get than all Australian premiership KPPs.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Woods wrote:
No single Collingwood player is more responsible for the demise of the club's on-field fortunes in recent years than Travis Cloke.

Think of all those 'honourable losses" when Cloke (on $800,000/year) failed to clinch the game by simply doing what he's paid to do. Time and time and time again.

Out with him, at any price. His time was up years ago.

Cloke's final year of his contract is heavily performance based so he could earn about 50% of that.
My heart says trade him as he is well past his best.
My head says keep him as Darcy is still very young and needs a big body to help him. White cannot be relied upon for that support.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:13 pm

According to Jake Niall on SEN. Said that he is on $450K-$500K next year, but the Ox was adamant that he will only be on around $350K.

If Ox is right, then worth keeping unless we get a really good deal for him.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:07 pm

All signs point to the fact he wont be at the club next year. His goal kicking and age mean he wont net us a first round pick.

Think for a moment, If Freeman a young and very injured former top 10 picks was only worth a second rounder. How is a ghost of a former full forward now in the twilight of his career and with all the goal kicking ability of a rusty fence going to be worth anything more then a pick in the 3rd round?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Aren't many 350K power forwards running around the AFL. Should make him an attractive proposition for another club to take him next year. Otherwise he needs to take Chris Judd's advice. Get himself a long distance running coach and spend summer running over the sand dunes at Porsea. He will be a rejuvenated player next year - kick 68 goals again and return to AA form. It's all up to him if he wants to be great again.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Aren't many 350K power forwards running around the AFL. Should make him an attractive proposition for another club to take him next year. Otherwise he needs to take Chris Judd's advice. Get himself a long distance running coach and spend summer running over the sand dunes at Porsea. He will be a rejuvenated player next year - kick 68 goals again and return to AA form. It's all up to him if he wants to be great again.

Problem is we have been saying (and i am sure the club has too) that he needs to find his way for the last two years and nothing has happend.

I see what you mean regarding the rareity of key forwatds. But clubs trade on the value of the talent now. Not what they were. Best way to think of it is this: knowing what you do of Cloke if he was at another club and we were chasing him would you be happy for Collingwood to give up say pick 15 or 18 for him? even 25 or 30 .

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:49 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I didn't vote.

Would I like to see him stay? Yes.

Do I think he'll stay, No.

I don't think the club will actively seek to trade him unless that's what he wants. There a definite changes to his game that the coaches want him to put in place and he seems to have struggled with doing what they want, even though statistically to the outsider he's seemed serviceable. If he's not willing or capable of genuinely understanding and embracing what is being asked of him, then it's better for both parties if he moves on.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed but he's an emotive bloke who needs to clearly understand his role so his mind is clear and have his confidence up. If his mind is clouded and/or confidence down he's borderline a liability.

Agree, but basically what your saying is he needs a coach that can encourage and motivate him?

Not sure that a coach who comes out and says it's not his job to motivate players, and then sticks him on the naughty corner, is going to get the best out of him then.
Also not sure why Cloke is the one who leaves. Coaches are a lot easier to get than all Australian premiership KPPs.

The impression I have is that Bucks has tried plenty to encourage and motivate him, like they've tried to help him straighten up his kicking and tried to get him to change how he plays to suit the game plan.

Coaches back in the day used to devise a game plan around a key forward. Pagans Paddock, "Kick it long to Royce", etc, nowdays you want your forwards to play to the team plan.

Clokey habitually leads wide to the boundary line which is not where we want to deliver the ball. My sense is, apart from being someone who constantly needs a cuddle and pat on the bum, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and doesn't think well about how he plays, he just does stuff and he struggles with having to think when he's playing to do different stuff.

He's been a bloody good player but if he can't adapt to playing the team game plan, he's better off somewhere else. Assuming he can work with another teams game plan.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:01 pm

And yet how often does he kick a goal from the boundary, while missing the easy ones! Play to his strengths! But know, lets zone this crap!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Yes! But NOT at FF! Play him between the arcs! He will win us games. He'll kick 5 goals playing up the ground and giving Darcy support. He was BOG for the Magoos and took a mark near the back pocket at one point. He can run all day, strong as 2 blokes, just cant kick set shots under pressure... dont fricken make him!!! He can deliver a 50m pass lace out, he'll mark 3 oppo kick in's every week and another 3 for us!

WHY won't people listen?! Bucks loves him, perfect scapegoat for the fact that we don't have a coach.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: