Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Suns - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
the decision to drop Cloke last week was pathetic and retrograde, and Cloke responded to it by kicking 5 in the VFL. One is yet again led to wonder about the intelligence/sanity of our coach and his selection panel puppets in this latest decision to leave out Cloke again, were it not for the stage of the season and the view that Crocker needs the opportunity for senior games.
However, because of the random and totally unpredictable nature of the decision making emanating from the higher levels of our coaching hierarchy, it is impossible to determine whether this is his true motive, or in fact whether it is yet another nail in the coffin for Travis Cloke's career at our club.
It is absolutely impossible to discern/trust the motivations and choices of Buckley, because all year they have been incomprehensible and arbitrary.

Doubt it, last week would not have suited Cloke, the pace was too frenetic and full on, he would have struggled. Bottom line is he has lost a yard or so, is way not the player he once was, that supermark high flyer, hes lost that by and large, and his goal kicking was never really great. I just think the game has passed him by, Moore is the future now, and Fasolo. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:54 pm

^

Cloke may have kicked 5 in the VFL but we lost by less than a goal to a top 4 team in a cracking game without him.

Pathetic and retrograde decision, I think not.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Both teams in the OP.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Not many people say both.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Cloke may have kicked 5 in the VFL but we lost by less than a goal to a top 4 team in a cracking game without him.

Pathetic and retrograde decision, I think not.

I thought the same, Stui. Unfortunately the team results speak for themselves. I watched the Richmond game again last night and we were ugly right across the ground, but our forward line was like treacle with Cloke and Cox (though the latter was the worst). When Cloke did get an easy running shot on goal in general play, the old left hook came out and he clawed it through for a behind : a real momentum killer. I hope he comes back vs the Hawks on the G, as it is a nothing game and it might be his last ever for us. But this week, on exposed form, it is right to go with the forward line we have,.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Spot on. I expect Cloke will be back at the MCG to face the Hawks. I've been a long time critic of Travis, but he has nevertheless been a long time servant of our club, so it would be good for Pies fans to be able to farewell him in style in front of a big crowd at the G. Wherever he plays next year I wish him well.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:08 pm

God help us if he kicks eight that day and we win by about 5 goals.... Cool
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:17 pm

How many more senior games can he play before he's excluded from VFL finals?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:24 pm

I believe 1 so him playing against the Hawks would be utterly stupid and pointless coming back for 1 last game therefore denying him a chance to play VFL finals, if he isn't picked this week he shouldn't play next
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:36 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Spot on. I expect Cloke will be back at the MCG to face the Hawks. I've been a long time critic of Travis, but he has nevertheless been a long time servant of our club, so it would be good for Pies fans to be able to farewell him in style in front of a big crowd at the G. Wherever he plays next year I wish him well.

HOw arrogant. to declare that if he plays against Hawthorn, it will be his "farewell game". Strange as it may seem, I am still hoping that sanity will prevail and we will retain Cloke. The Hawks game, if Cloke plays, won't be a farewell game for me. It will be testing out the forward line of Cloke and Moore, where Cloke takes the heat from Hawthorn's defenders off Darcy. Who is going to play that role if Cloke goes? I just can't fathom the lunacy of those who think we should get rid of Cloke.
This whole argument that "Cloke is too slow" and our forward line is "better without him' is false to the core. It is not the absence of Cloke that energises our forward line, it is the ascendancy of our midfield. If our midfield comes to play, then our forward line is energized as well. Look at the GWS game: our midfield was dominant, and therefore so was our Forward line, with Cloke in it.
Every game where our forward structure looks great, it is due to the energy and ferocity with which our midfield is hitting the ball
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:03 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

HOw arrogant. to declare that if he plays against Hawthorn, it will be his "farewell game". Strange as it may seem, I am still hoping that sanity will prevail and we will retain Cloke. The Hawks game, if Cloke plays, won't be a farewell game for me. It will be testing out the forward line of Cloke and Moore, where Cloke takes the heat from Hawthorn's defenders off Darcy. Who is going to play that role if Cloke goes? I just can't fathom the lunacy of those who think we should get rid of Cloke.
This whole argument that "Cloke is too slow" and our forward line is "better without him' is false to the core. It is not the absence of Cloke that energises our forward line, it is the ascendancy of our midfield. If our midfield comes to play, then our forward line is energized as well. Look at the GWS game: our midfield was dominant, and therefore so was our Forward line, with Cloke in it.
Every game where our forward structure looks great, it is due to the energy and ferocity with which our midfield is hitting the ba

It wasn't meant as arrogance, but rather realistic, given the assumption in most of the media and elsewhere, that he'll be elsewhere next season. Apparently Demir is already in discussions with the Tigers. If it turns out that he stays on with us next season, I'll be hoping he plays well for us. As I said, I've been a critic of his for a few years, but on match day whenever he dons the black and white I've always cheered him and supported him. That won't change.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:30 am

Mugwump wrote:
God help us if he kicks eight that day and we win by about 5 goals.... Cool

yep, you know, its been friggin five long years, five yrs, since we tasted victory over the vile piss and poo, and I want to win that game more than any other I can think of for a long, long time. Let us make it our pretend GF, and throw everything at the bastards, hurt them, and if clokey kicks the winning goal, all bets are off, and we retain him. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:03 am

How sad is this... cya Clokey!!! emm emm emm another bites the dust... and another one down another one down...
jmac70 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:39 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
How sad is this... cya Clokey!!! emm emm emm another bites the dust... and another one down another one down...

It is sad but not surprising given Bucks' comments earlier in the week. I think there is a good chance that Cloke, and perhaps a few of his 2010 teammates, will get their final games next week.
melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:20 am

This could be the lowest crowd at a home Collingwood game for decades.

The tribe has spoken.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: