Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dane Swan retires (all tributes, thanks)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewT wrote:
I dont think your lying. I think you might be a little bit confused by what he meant about the MM part. When it comes to Bucks of course he will feed that dribble to mad Collingwood supporters. know one still at the club will bag him in public. Might be a different story after Tuesday's press conference when he hangs them up

Yes, Swan has a reputation for not being his own man and nodding to whatever he is told to do.

I can imagine he would go out of his way to talk up in such positive terms a coach he did not believe in at all. Sheesh.

The less the evidence, the greater the certainty, it seems.

AndrewT 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Lazza, I love Eddie so you will never hear me say a bad word about him. He is very important for the future. The two that aren't and need to go are the Coach and CEO. With them two leading the club we will be insipid again and again.

Your concrete evidence is a load of dribble that Dane give you mate, you have No idea. You are delusional to think a player would tell a table full of strangers what he really thought. Wake up buddy!
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:03 pm

Lazza wrote:

Funny though, as a Social Worker I have worked with and around Psychiatrists/Psychologists all my life and not once have they assessed me as being delusional.. Shocked

Have you told them you think Bucks is a good coach ?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Lazza wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
AndrewT wrote:
I dont think your lying. I think you might be a little bit confused by what he meant about the MM part. When it comes to Bucks of course he will feed that dribble to mad Collingwood supporters. know one still at the club will bag him in public. Might be a different story after Tuesday's press conference when he hangs them up

Yes, Swan has a reputation for not being his own man and nodding to whatever he is told to do.

I can imagine he would go out of his way to talk up in such positive terms a coach he did not believe in at all. Sheesh.

The less the evidence, the greater the certainty, it seems.

First hand knowledge and concrete evidence seems to have no bearing whatsoever on the usual anti Collingwood/Buckley/Eddie white ants here but I kinda of expected that. At least the others get an idea of what I heard.
As most of you know, I have a very long history of strongly confronting and challenging the negative nellies and white ants around here but even I have the "cant be botherds" now, especially as the old saying goes, you can never teach a pig to sing how ever hard you try Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Let me tell you a story Lazza.
Last year Mr Turnbull was asked repeatedly did he have full and complete confidence in Mr Abbott.
Time and time again he said yes.
But the slimebag was plotting and organizing the stab in the back.
What Turnbull was doing was repeating forever the COMPANY LINE!
It is the same in politics, in football and all other community and private organisations.
The company line gets dished out 99.9 % of the time.
No doubt what Swan said to you was what you have repeated here on Nicks.
Whether he actually believed what he said is a complete and different matter.
Was he Parroting the party line WTF knows.
You know about parroting Lazza, you keep saying the same words like
white anting and nervous nellies over and over again.
Maybe deep down you don't believe it.
To offer that up from a collingwood supporters meeting as the absolute and complete truth is laughable.
And remember that other great pig saying;
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig!
Currently, our coach has lipstick on, as well as, the supporters who keep bagging supporters who disagree with the company line.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:59 pm

FWIW Tony Sheahan tweeted Swan will announce retirement on Tuesday.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:41 pm

sounds like there will be a farewell lap for swanny next weekend.
jack 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Brain Taylor just said there will be a press conference next week to announce Swannie's retirement Sad
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:04 am

thompsoc wrote:
Mr 35forever.
Please remember that we are cursed, yes cursed
Worse than the Colliwobbles!
It is called the Collicurses!
The colliwobbles went for 30 odd years
So with the current admin we have another 25 years to go with the Collicurses!.

So that was an answer, was it?

Yep, the same answer I've been getting for 5 years when I've asked the "perceptive fellow" to provide ANY reason to think Suckley is even a fair coach, but no, not once do they answer, never! I even help them out! like "He's very good with media", but no, they know their hero has feet of clay, so they go with abuse, sarcasm, name-calling, you name it! but the plain simple footy facts, the overwhelming, obvious truth, no, they never touch the stuff.

The Donald Trumps of Footy!

But yeah, I'm just about jack of it too, 5 years of playing Cassandra to a bunch of Carlton fans who want nothing more than continued failure at Collingwood, and refuse to give any reason for their continued attempts to delay the most obvious move that ever needed to be made at Collingwood since the utter & pointless self-destruction of 2011, a nightmarish orgy of self-inflicted idiocy, the like of which has never been seen at a sporting club in known history, an even bigger cluster f**k than Richmond's 1981 dumping of 1980 premiership coach Tony Jewell because club favourite Francis Bourke, who also had no experience, wanted the job.

That worked a treat too! Bourke had his side back on top in his first year, only to lose the Granny to Carlton. The next season Bourke managed to keep his side second... last, before rising to third last at seasons end. So much for Bourke. He handed over to Mike Patterson, the "Swamp Fox", and Richmond has managed to keep it's Grand Final record perfect ever since, 34 years later & they haven't lost a single one!

Thirty Four years!
Old man Swan wasn't even a glint, Delidio was years away. Haven't they done well!

Once and for all, get it through your heads! Buckley is a bloody god-awful coach!
There's no bloody way anybody can keep THIS list out of finals three years straight and somehow be a good, or even competent coach!!!
HOW can anybody not understand this???It was bloody obvious to ANYONE with a brain after two years, and now, after 3 more years of even WORSE coaching, you want to give it ANOTHER go!!

I truly don't get it! What are you seeing the rest of us can't??
If I don't get a straight answer as to WHY we should expect a sudden turnaround in 2017 (and I DON"T mean getting the best list in the game up to 8th!, a new coach will get them to FOURTH!) I will assume it's just piss & vinegar and you got nothing except misplaced loyalty

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:49 am

^ 35F, you were once as emphatic as you are above, that Daisy Thomas would win a Brownlow and be a star for Carlton. What "some of us see that you cannot" (to answer your question) is that doubt and an appreciation of uncertainty are the hallmarks of good judgement ; the present only hints at the future, it does not tell it.

I think those hints are that we are ripening, you seemingly think it is certain that we are not. You also state categorically that this is the "best list in the game". That is not only dubious, it has no basis in current evidence - in supercoach points, browlow votes, expert opinion, or anything else. Those who will not doubt, always suffer the most frustration.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:57 am

35forever wrote:
they go with abuse, sarcasm, name-calling, you name it!

35forever wrote:
the "perceptive fellow"
Suckley
a bunch of Carlton fans
obvious to ANYONE with a brain
it's just piss & vinegar
you got nothing except misplaced loyalty

All from the very same post. Smile

I couldn't invent it. Glorious.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:00 am

Redlight wrote:
35forever wrote:
they go with abuse, sarcasm, name-calling, you name it!

35forever wrote:
the "perceptive fellow"
Suckley
a bunch of Carlton fans
obvious to ANYONE with a brain
it's just piss & vinegar
you got nothing except misplaced loyalty

All from the very same post. Smile

I couldn't invent it. Glorious.

Indeed, Well-spotted. What use is reason ?

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:22 am

Congrats on career swanny.
It's a shame you couldn't spend another season in the forward line.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:39 pm

So there you have it. Criticism of me personally, not a single, lonely word about Buckley's coaching brilliance. Zip! Nada! Zilch!
I don't think I coulda been more explicit, could I? Give me something, anything, to suggest that Buckley is a good coach.

So there's nothing more to say, Bucks is a dud, & has to be replaced, end of story. 5 years was WAY too long, any longer just proves that both Ed & Nathan are most definitely putting themselves before the club.

The side is indeed ripening, and yes, we do have the best list in the game. No evidence you say? Well for a start it's full of Collingwood players, that alone makes it the best there is. But there's more than that,
1/ We are one of the youngest lists
2/ We have easily the best talent spotter in dekka
3/ we have the best young ruckman in the game.
4/ We have the best young tall forward in the game
4/ We have the best young rebounding back in Brayden Maynard.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:43 pm

35forever wrote:
So there you have it. Criticism of me personally, not a single, lonely word about Buckley's coaching brilliance. Zip! Nada! Zilch!
I don't think I coulda been more explicit, could I? Give me something, anything, to suggest that Buckley is a good coach.

So there's nothing more to say, Bucks is a dud, & has to be replaced, end of story. 5 years was WAY too long, any longer just proves that both Ed & Nathan are most definitely putting themselves before the club.

The side is indeed ripening, and yes, we do have the best list in the game. No evidence you say? Well for a start it's full of Collingwood players, that alone makes it the best there is. But there's more than that,

So, is that the new recruiting strategy going forward? Recruit more Collingwood players? Laughing

This off-season we can probably get Rhyce Shaw, Dawes, Lumumba and Wellingham. Maybe also David Cloke and Peter Moore to play forward? Laughing Laughing Laughing
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:48 pm

35forever wrote:

Thanks for highlighting the young talent that Bucks is developing beautifully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14   

Jump to: