Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dane Swan retires (all tributes, thanks)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewT wrote:
What did he say about the club and Bucks Lazza?

Lazza told me that he asked about living in Bendigo.
said about 100km away from Bux was far enough.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:31 pm

What did you mean by about 100km away from Bux was enough? Oh yeah, we were talking about 100km away from Bux was enough .
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:41 pm

AndrewT wrote:

No doubt you will disbelieve me but he said (to all present on the night, not just to me!) that he really rated Buck's coaching, Buck's was in many ways different to MM (MM let the players get away with blue murder as long as it didn't hit the press and was kept in house). Some of the stuff the players got away with under MM was amazing but MM loved his boys and gave out "cautions" which didn't actually stop the bad behaviours. No such episodes now under Buck's that need to be kept secret.
Injuries really affected the entire team and the side was kinda "patched up" for the early games with many youngsters replacing others out of sheer need, maybe before they were actually ready for AFL footy. He sees huge talent coming through and is very positive about the team improving next season. Very bullish about it actually.
He was hugely supportive of Eddie and said that Eddie is loved by all at the club.
He was "uncertain" as to whether he will play on next season but to all present, it was pretty apparent and obvious that he had probably had enough of the training required. He admitted that he was never the greatest trainer at the club and some of the short cuts he had taken on long runs were bloody hilarious. However he has enjoyed the period of recovery (Not training and being able to have an ale or 6!!!)
Overall, Swannie was extremely confident that the team will go places under Buck's leadership. Make of this what you will but at least I report it first hand and not based on some stupid speculation or silly unconfirmed rumour I had heard. Rolling Eyes

AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:59 pm

I dont think your lying. I think you might be a little bit confused by what he meant about the MM part. When it comes to Bucks of course he will feed that dribble to mad Collingwood supporters. know one still at the club will bag him in public. Might be a different story after Tuesday's press conference when he hangs them up
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:56 pm

AndrewT wrote:

Lazza wrote:
that he really rated Buck's coaching

AndrewT wrote:
When it comes to Bucks of course he will feed that dribble to mad Collingwood supporters.

Smile

They say "Never ask a witness a question you don't know the answer to."
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:57 pm

AndrewT wrote:
I dont think your lying. I think you might be a little bit confused by what he meant about the MM part. When it comes to Bucks of course he will feed that dribble to mad Collingwood supporters. know one still at the club will bag him in public. Might be a different story after Tuesday's press conference when he hangs them up

Andrew I can confirm 100% that the part about MM is accurate. I've spoken to a former player now at another club in private (at his parents house) that they got away with murder under MM and when bucks took over he let them all know things had to change and change fast if they wanted to remain part of the club. Some players copped it some didn't like the change either way when you get a new boss you abide by his rules or you seek alternate employment.
It was a known fact players thought MM was good to them as he didn't have a record of strict discipline as long as results came his way
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:58 pm

think positive wrote:
No he means that's why he won't bother coming back, because, even though our list is strong, with Buckley coaching we have Buckleys of playing finals, so why bother doing the work?

Thank you TP, glad someone can comprehend the language!
No, Swannies foot wasn't directly Suckley's fault, more likely osteoporosis due to lifestyle!
I DO blame Suckley for 5 years of debilitating injuries, 5 straight years can NOT be blamed on luck, as far as I can find no one has ever had even 3 straight years of team destroying injuries! 2 is the most I've heard of. 5 means something more fundamental at work. Training, attitude, individual treatment of players, working too hard, the wrong fitness people, the wrong fitness regime. I know at least 1 player retired earlier than he wanted to beause he knew he'd more likely get injured under Buckley, and I believe Maxy hung 'em up for the same reason. There won't be no Boomer Harvey's while Suckley is pretending to be coach.

Now answer me this Buckley Boosters. given what a great coach he is, he has the job at the biggest sporting club in the nation after all, If he 'left' Collingwood, I imagine several clubs would be fighting to snap him up, right? Can you think of any? (I mean seniors, not under 12s, and I mean men's teams).

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Mr 35forever.
Please remember that we are cursed, yes cursed
Worse than the Colliwobbles!
It is called the Collicurses!
The colliwobbles went for 30 odd years
So with the current admin we have another 25 years to go with the Collicurses!.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:30 pm

35forever wrote:
I DO blame Suckley for 5 years of debilitating injuries, 5 straight years can NOT be blamed on luck, as far as I can find no one has ever had even 3 straight years of team destroying injuries! 2 is the most I've heard of. 5 means something more fundamental at work. Training, attitude, individual treatment of players, working too hard, the wrong fitness people, the wrong fitness regime.

35forever wrote:
I know at least 1 player retired earlier than he wanted to beause he knew he'd more likely get injured under Buckley, and I believe Maxy hung 'em up for the same reason. There won't be no Boomer Harvey's while Suckley is pretending to be coach.

Part one.
Many of these injuries have been knees, shoulders and impact injuries. Sheer freaky incidents like the Swan injury. They can't be blamed on anyone, no matter how hysterically you may try.

Part two.
You just flat-out made up that entire paragraph.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:47 pm

AndrewT wrote:

Okay, if you say so, but how do you know this and who will it be?
AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
AndrewT wrote:

Who will what be?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:32 am

jackcass wrote:
AndrewT wrote:

Looking back at his other posts, I think he means "No one" rather than "I know one".
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:45 am

That is a very original thought.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:51 am

AndrewT wrote:
jackcass wrote:
AndrewT wrote:

Who will what be?

Lets put that back where it belongs, and viva free speech (i'll edit it for your G rated eyes)

<Mod edit: Free speech is fine and welcome. So is freedom from abuse, name-calling and all the other rubbish that has a tendency to clutter this joint up. So, if your post disappears, it's generally for a very good reason.>

Its ok AndrewT <snip> thought he was being funny pointing out your obvious spelling mistake, but he's mostly harmless <snip, let's just leave it at this, okay? - bbmods>.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:30 am

I sent a tweet too swannie urging him to retire on medical grounds only, and If he is ok, I urged him too play on,as I strongly feel he has still much too offer the club as a player. I think we should all tweet him, and ask him to play on if fit, for one more season at least.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: