Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dane Swan retires (all tributes, thanks)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My sources failed me.

Cooney retired, but who cares!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:08 pm

My left nut tells me he will stay.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:09 pm

woftam wrote:
E wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
News filtering out there, that Swanny is announcing his retirement tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.
Be a sad day !
But one to remember Sad

isn't it tomorrow already. did it happen?

Nope didn't happen. Bucks said in his press conference that Swan's next major appointment with his Doc is in September.

So he might be right for the big one?

Wink

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
And in other late breaking news, it gets lighter when the sun comes up, water is wet and wombat shit is square.

Cube.

AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:57 am

Swany will be having a press conference on Tuesday
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:17 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
My left nut tells me he will stay.

Sadly, my right nut tells me he's gonski.
AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:32 pm

You can put both nuts on it
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:21 pm

If he leaves it's yet another indictment of our coach, our club, and our culture.
Another year or 2 from the Brownlow medallist would be SO valuable to our kids, and we have more talented kids than anyone. The under 50 game crew we have is vastly underrated, but contains so many future guns we won't be able to keep them.
From Darcy, to Marsh, there are champions all over the ground, and the more exposure they get to the likes of Pendles, Treloar, Swanny, & Steelo, the better they'll be and the sooner they'll develop their incredible abilities. Swan though is the key, no one can teach what he can do, but being out there and seeing it for yourself is incredibly valuable.
Guys like Maynard, Wills, Phillips, Aish, Marsh, and Moore WILL be guns, maybe a couple more besides, not to mention zero gamers like Daicos & Brown!

It won't help us next year coz we look like keeping Suckley, and we'll never do much while he's there. We should just tank for players until the terminal narcissist moves on.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:33 pm

35forever wrote:
If he leaves it's yet another indictment of our coach, our club, and our culture.
Another year or 2 from the Brownlow medallist would be SO valuable to our kids, and we have more talented kids than anyone. The under 50 game crew we have is vastly underrated, but contains so many future guns we won't be able to keep them.
From Darcy, to Marsh, there are champions all over the ground, and the more exposure they get to the likes of Pendles, Treloar, Swanny, & Steelo, the better they'll be and the sooner they'll develop their incredible abilities. Swan though is the key, no one can teach what he can do, but being out there and seeing it for yourself is incredibly valuable.
Guys like Maynard, Wills, Phillips, Aish, Marsh, and Moore WILL be guns, maybe a couple more besides, not to mention zero gamers like Daicos & Brown!

It won't help us next year coz we look like keeping Suckley, and we'll never do much while he's there. We should just tank for players until the terminal narcissist moves on.

FFS, the guy had his leg and ankle broken in 45 fuc*in' places. He'll be lucky if he's not crippled for life, let alone able to play footy again. And so this Buckley's fault?

I can accept that some people think we need a new coach - that's a perfectly reasonable position to hold - but when people stoop as low as this in blaming Bucks for the ending of Swan's career after he's lucky his leg wasn't amputated then I've got to pull you up.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:43 pm

No he means that's why he won't bother coming back, because, even though our list is strong, with Buckley coaching we have Buckleys of playing finals, so why bother doing the work?
AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:15 pm

think positive is spot on. He will also get a pay out from the AFL of the same amount that the club will offer him
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:22 pm

35forever wrote:
If he leaves it's yet another indictment of our coach, our club, and our culture.Another year or 2 from the Brownlow medallist would be SO valuable to our kids, and we have more talented kids than anyone. The under 50 game crew we have is vastly underrated, but contains so many future guns we won't be able to keep them.

OK, you are SO unbelievably bloody right... Rolling Eyes

After all, WTF would I know when my wife and I sat next to him on a table at a local Sportsmen's night two Saturdays ago and had a long conversation with him regarding the Club, Buck's and himself.
You are SO far off the mark it beyond being funny but hey 35forever, I must remember that YOU know best around here, even though my first hand information totally bloody refutes your comments. Shocked Confused I bow to your incredible knowledge on why Swannie will make his decision and the fact that you and some others here will believe it to be true. Surprised

AndrewT 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:41 pm

What did he say about the club and Bucks Lazza?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:22 pm

I don't think Buckely being the coach will make a lick of difference to his decision in all honesty
Swanny has always been his own man and marched to the beat of his own drum and by this I mean if he wanted to eat KFC mid week and wash it down with 6 schooners he did but the most important thing was come game day he was always in our best 5 players for every game.
If he doesn't play on it will be cause he doesn't believe he can do what he did after the horrific leg injury he suffered.
Swanny is smart enough to know not to tarnish a legacy like his own. He will be a huge hit on the speaking circuit and I'm sure the club would be happy for him to have a small involvement around the club maybe as a match day ambassador or alike. His popularity extends from suits to working class men women children all loved him.
I've read up on injuries like his and there not a 12 month fix they are a minimum 2yr injury to get the full range of movement back into the joint and then it may never recover to its full extent.
Does Swanny want another 12 months of hard work off the paddock ?
I'm guessing no hence why I expect his retirement
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:29 pm

AndrewT wrote:
What did he say about the club and Bucks Lazza?

Lazza told me that he asked about living in Bendigo.
said about 100km away from Bux was far enough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: