Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dane Swan retires (all tributes, thanks)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big T wrote:
Would love to have a job putting the stickers on apples.

Love ya Swanny. Thanks for the memories.

My depression just got a whole lot worse.

Cheer up Big T
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Congratulations to the club for the way they handled the farewells for Swanny as well as Tooves and Caff.

However, did anyone else notice that at Swanny's farewell there was one person who tried his hardest to turn the attention away from Swan and onto himself? Sad old bitter and twisted Malthouse mainly talked about how he and Butters were trail blazers in devising a plan to use players like Swan on and off the interchange bench. Malthouse was (not so) subtly trying to take some of the credit for Swanny's brilliant football record. Bucks on the other hand, spoke about how, contrary to popular belief, Swanny worked harder than anyone to prepare for each game and how he was a competitive and proud person. The comparison between MM and Bucks was stark. Well done Bucks and of course, well done Dane.

To be fair, I think Mick managed swanny brilliantly, most other coaches would have written him off at an early age due to his off field behaviour.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Big T wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Congratulations to the club for the way they handled the farewells for Swanny as well as Tooves and Caff.

However, did anyone else notice that at Swanny's farewell there was one person who tried his hardest to turn the attention away from Swan and onto himself? Sad old bitter and twisted Malthouse mainly talked about how he and Butters were trail blazers in devising a plan to use players like Swan on and off the interchange bench. Malthouse was (not so) subtly trying to take some of the credit for Swanny's brilliant football record. Bucks on the other hand, spoke about how, contrary to popular belief, Swanny worked harder than anyone to prepare for each game and how he was a competitive and proud person. The comparison between MM and Bucks was stark. Well done Bucks and of course, well done Dane.

To be fair, I think Mick managed swanny brilliantly, most other coaches would have written him off at an early age due to his off field behaviour.

I agree. However, at Swanny's farewell I didn't think it was great for MM to be talking about the ingenuity of he and Butters, instead of talking about Swanny. With Bucks and MM on the panel talking, one of them displayed true class as always.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Does not hurt too say it again on here, Swannie was a football genius, the likes of whom we shall not see again. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Amazing career, truly funny guy. And to think if the scum had of persisted with his old man Billy, could of went father and son to them. LOL.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:54 pm

knew it was coming but still heart broken. There'll never be another Swannie! Crying or Very sad
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Congratulations to the cheersquad for organising the 3rd quarter 6 minute applause for the great Dane.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Thank you, thank you very much. I would like to thank everyone who helped. . .
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:35 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Congratulations to the cheersquad for organising the 3rd quarter 6 minute applause for the great Dane.

SWANTWEET.jpg

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:36 am

One of the most loved players in the history of our footy club..we love the bloke ..he is us..we are him.

Congrats Swanny

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:10 am

joffa corfe wrote:
One of the most loved players in the history of our footy club..we love the bloke ..he is us..we are him.

Congrats Swanny

Couldnt agree more Joffa.

And without even wanting to add any further fuel to the bloody boring fire about Buck's coaching and Collingwood etc, I spoke to Swannie at a local Sportsmen's night a month ago and he was extremely positive about the main player list and attitude (he actually said that the attitude was better among the younger players than when HE started at ther club!), the club's future and direction it was heading in. He holds some players in very high regard and basically said that given a "normal" year with injuries (like having a few but not a dozen injuries to our top players), he sees us as definitely making the finals next season.
I would believe Swannie ahead of any of the others here on this subject.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 am

Lazza wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

Congrats Swanny

And without even wanting to add any further fuel to the bloody boring fire about Buck's coaching and Collingwood etc, I spoke to Swannie at a local Sportsmen's night a month ago and he was extremely positive about the main player list and attitude (he actually said that the attitude was better among the younger players than when HE started at ther club!), the club's future and direction it was heading in. He holds some players in very high regard and basically said that given a "normal" year with injuries (like having a few but not a dozen injuries to our top players), he sees us as definitely making the finals next season.

We are in very good hands mate..bring on 2017.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:37 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Lazza wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

Congrats Swanny

Spot on Joffa.

We will surprise a hell of a lot of people with our success next season.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Lazza wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Lazza wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:

Congrats Swanny

Spot on Joffa.

We will surprise a hell of a lot of people with our success next season.

Yes Comrade, more than a few on here will be eating very humble pie, as the Pies storm the ramparts of the Finals. ! As for the Great Dane, I have no doubt he will make an excellent mid field coach for us in the not too distant future. I think hes having a gap year next season, travelling, and good luck too him. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:59 pm

One of the best. Behind the laconic lad was a huge drive that got the very best out of himself. Inspirational and will be sorely missed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: