Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

they showed again last night they can match it with the better teams
yes it is s*(t to finish in two weeks
but
let a few go
get everyone else healthy / f&*k off to injuries
bring in good talent

yes we can get back to finals next year

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:27 am

2 things cost us. The white maggot not paying Sidey the most obvious free kick you will ever see in the dying moments and Cloke playing in the reserves instead of the seniors. Give us either one of those and we win.

Great win over Port Melb at Vic Park.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Magpie Jack wrote:
2 things cost us. The white maggot not paying Sidey the most obvious free kick you will ever see in the dying moments and Cloke playing in the reserves instead of the seniors. Give us either one of those and we win.

Dunno about Cloke, the game might not have suited him, played so fast and at such a frenetic pace, he may have struggled yet again. Yes, the holding arm free to Sidey was absolutely there, cannot believe the maggot missed it, wasn't that Pie hating Stevic prick was it. Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:

Dunno about Cloke, the game might not have suited him, played so fast and at such a frenetic pace, he may have struggled yet again. Yes, the holding arm free to Sidey was absolutely there, cannot believe the maggot missed it, wasn't that Pie hating Stevic prick was it. Mad

The Sidebottom free might've been there and gone unpaid, but it sort've evens out because the deliberate OOB that lead to it wasn't there and this forum would all be up in arms if the shoe was on the other foot there.
Deserved the benefit of the doubt that he was tapping it on to the running team mate and overcooked it, which I genuinely think is what happened.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Really proud with our endeavour Christ we need to be those flea baggers they are smug for a pack of underachievers. Trealor showed why he will be great , Aish was great again but going to him at nearly every kick in was hard on the lad . We still lack a crumbing forward , but Moore should a heap , disapointing to lose but we should we can match it with those welfare crabs

www.facebook/the hybernators
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:41 am

Invigoration wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:

The Sidebottom free might've been there and gone unpaid, but it sort've evens out because the deliberate OOB that lead to it wasn't there and this forum would all be up in arms if the shoe was on the other foot there.
Deserved the benefit of the doubt that he was tapping it on to the running team mate and overcooked it, which I genuinely think is what happened.

No that was a definite deliberate, happened in front of me and he had 1 intention and 1 intention only and that was to run it out of bounds
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Went to the game. Proud of the boys. At this point of our development I would rather see us tough it out for 4 quarters and lose by a small margin than be down hill skiers and win games against poor opposition. A few poor kicks lead to unfortunate turnovers that resulted in Bulldogs goals. That was the difference. After last week piss poor effort against the Tigers it was a refreshing change.

^^^ THIS ^^^^

Totally agree Member

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Invigoration wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:

You might be right about his intent, as no-one knows....but if you tap the ball toward the boundary line with a minute to go and less than a goal in it, Your teammate better intercept it, because you have not taken reasonable efforts to keep the ball in play.

The sidebottom free was there every day of the week. i think the umpire squibbed it because he did not want to effectively decide the course of the game with that decision. He may also have judged that sidebottom was using that arm to hold the dogs player out of the contest, as it looked a little bit that way. Still, it was a clear hold of the arm and it was there.

I'm glad i do not have the umpires job - it's a very hard game to umpire, as these two incidents show.

Last edited by Mugwump on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Tell me more. Are you holding hands with anyone now?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Invigoration wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:

You might be right about his intent, as no-one knows....but if you tap the ball toward the boundary line with a minute to go and less than a goal in it, Your teammate better intercept it, because you have not taken reasonable efforts to keep the ball in play.

The sidebottom free was there every day of the week. i think the umpire squibbed it because he did not want to effectively decide the course of the game with that decision. He may also have judged that sidebottom was using that arm to hold the dogs player out of the contest, as it looked a little bit that way. Still, it was a clear hold of the arm and it was there.

I'm glad i do not have the umpires job - it's a very hard game to umpire, as these two incidents show.

Failure to make a call in that circumstance effectively does that anyway.

Personally, I think there were lots of moments during the game which potentially cost us. Not sure the Sidey free was there, marginal at most.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:33 pm

^ I see what you mean, but the aftermath of not paying it is a 50/50 ball, compared to a 100% ball when it is paid. So the Monday column inches are fewer and as an ump you avoid heat by not paying.

I certainly agree that no game is won or lost on the basis of one decision. There are a myriad moments in a game which affect the outcome.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:36 pm

Well done to Dave who made it onto Football Classified tonight.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Yes, the holding arm free to Sidey was absolutely there, cannot believe the maggot missed it, wasn't that Pie hating Stevic prick was it. Mad

And so was the Bontempelli dropping the ball which resulted in a goal.
I was listening to Fine on the SEN after the game show, where he strongly supported that the umpires decisions don't influence the final result....... then the next day he was up in arms about the umpiring with the the Swans and his beloved Saints where some decisions changed the course of the game.......... Razz "Shmit" wasn't it.....
Our game will always be influenced by umpires in some way or another it's just part of it. But those two umps have had more of an influence on the results of games from bad decisions than any other, about time they are shown the door.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:45 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
No that was a definite deliberate, happened in front of me ...

What, right in front of you? Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: