Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Post match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BucksIsFutureCoach 



Joined: 12 Feb 2007


PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not rocket science dropping a player who loses interest in the contest, or another player whose interpretation of flying the flag is to whack a player without the ball 20m from your opponents goal in front of the umpire.
The 22 who turned up last night played their hearts out and all played their role including the three who tend to cop the most here, in Blair, Greenwood and White. We deserved to win, but we were beaten by a better team who had more at stake. A little humility wouldn't hurt to acknowledge that WB are a great football side and in Bomtempelli, they have one of the stars of the game, whose presence last night was the difference between losing and winning.
There was so much to like last night. De Goey had a breakout game. Aish is just getting better and better and Goldsack put his hand up and said he wants to go again next year. If we had played all year, like we showed last night, then we would now be sitting comfortably in the eight. That's the lesson we need to learn from last night.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Pies4shaw 

"Phil had more talent in his little finger than both Abletts combined displayed in their entire careers"


Joined: 08 Oct 2007


PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great that people stand up for Greenwood and White. Unlike time-serving players such as Cloke, Toovey, Goldsack, Macaffer, Blair and Nathan Brown, they are Collingwood premiership players and deserve our respect.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
PyreneesPie 



Joined: 22 Aug 2014


PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

bally12 wrote:



One more thing..if anyone watched the FoxSports after-the-game analysis, you would think Bontempelli was the only player on the ground. No mention of Pies playing well. I guess King has to pretend he's a serious commentator and not contradict himself after his crap article on Bucks in the HS today.


Completely agree - it was an absolutely pitiful analysis of a game that was decided by just 3 points. Media commentators on both football outlets have lost objectivity - if they ever had it.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
slangman 



Joined: 11 Aug 2003


PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the intensity we showed last night is what teams like the Bulldogs show every week.

I'm more pleased than after our losses to Carlton and Richmond,
But We still lost.

_________________
- Side By Side -
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger  
Piesnchess 



Joined: 09 Jun 2008


PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely proud of our young team after that terrific effort,they busted their guts to win that one, and only just, just fell short. Another thirty secs we may have won it, the dogs were pissing their pants. ! Great effort by the Woods, we do have a lot to look forward too with this young team of ours. Bring on next season !
_________________
Chess is the touchstone of the intellect-Goethe.

Some people see things and say why, I see things, and say, why not. ! - Robert Kennedy
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Member 7167 

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Location: The Collibran Hideout

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the game. Proud of the boys. At this point of our development I would rather see us tough it out for 4 quarters and lose by a small margin than be down hill skiers and win games against poor opposition. A few poor kicks lead to unfortunate turnovers that resulted in Bulldogs goals. That was the difference. After last week piss poor effort against the Tigers it was a refreshing change.
_________________
When does poor or inconsistent umpiring become blatant cheating?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Black and White Reviews 



Joined: 08 Jun 2016


PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

check out my review of the game guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSY76Ia2xag

_________________
#gopies #sidebyside

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoXrk-SeVZpGvDLzif8IyQ
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
stui magpie 

suge min pikk


Joined: 03 May 2005
Location: Where ever i go, there I am

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
Went to the game. Proud of the boys. At this point of our development I would rather see us tough it out for 4 quarters and lose by a small margin than be down hill skiers and win games against poor opposition. A few poor kicks lead to unfortunate turnovers that resulted in Bulldogs goals. That was the difference. After last week piss poor effort against the Tigers it was a refreshing change.


Watching the game on TV, I reckon the skill errors were actually decision making problems.

Sidey makes errors not because he doesn't have the skills but because his brain is on a different wavelength to the people he's trying to deliver to, he sometimes tries to be too fancy and his team mate isn't in position.

The others, I can see what they were trying to do but the execution suffered from a combination of pressure and trying too hard.

Experience will (should) fix most of that.

_________________
I'd like to apologise to anyone I haven't offended yet. Be patient, I'm working through a list. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if it disagrees with mine, it's wrong.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Bob Sugar 



Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Location: Benalla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Degoey is shit, he just is, sorry.


^ And that, my friends, is what "no idea at all" sounds like. He was in the votes of many posters in the GB medal for good reason.


Most posters (like you) are clueless, he's an average footballer.

_________________
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Location: Carum Downs, Vic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon the kid is going to make you look silly in the very near future Bob.
No offence intended.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Bob Sugar 



Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Location: Benalla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right.
_________________
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Dave The Man Scorpio



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Someville, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Black and White Reviews wrote:
check out my review of the game guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSY76Ia2xag


Love your Start of the Video Mate.

Spot on how the Media harps on the Dogs Injury and we have had lot worse then them. We where bit off out Best Team as well

_________________
I am Da Man
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Dave The Man Scorpio



Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Someville, Victoria, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

woftam wrote:
I reckon the kid is going to make you look silly in the very near future Bob.
No offence intended.



Agree. De Goey might not come a SuperStar but he be a Very Good Player

_________________
I am Da Man
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Neil Appleby Taurus



Joined: 11 Feb 1998
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
It's not rocket science dropping a player who loses interest in the contest, or another player whose interpretation of flying the flag is to whack a player without the ball 20m from your opponents goal in front of the umpire.
The 22 who turned up last night played their hearts out and all played their role including the three who tend to cop the most here, in Blair, Greenwood and White. We deserved to win, but we were beaten by a better team who had more at stake. A little humility wouldn't hurt to acknowledge that WB are a great football side and in Bomtempelli, they have one of the stars of the game, whose presence last night was the difference between losing and winning.
There was so much to like last night. De Goey had a breakout game. Aish is just getting better and better and Goldsack put his hand up and said he wants to go again next year. If we had played all year, like we showed last night, then we would now be sitting comfortably in the eight. That's the lesson we need to learn from last night.

^This.

_________________
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
Woods 

Buckley - turns boys into men


Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
It's not rocket science dropping a player who loses interest in the contest, or another player whose interpretation of flying the flag is to whack a player without the ball 20m from your opponents goal in front of the umpire.
The 22 who turned up last night played their hearts out and all played their role including the three who tend to cop the most here, in Blair, Greenwood and White. We deserved to win, but we were beaten by a better team who had more at stake. A little humility wouldn't hurt to acknowledge that WB are a great football side and in Bomtempelli, they have one of the stars of the game, whose presence last night was the difference between losing and winning.
There was so much to like last night. De Goey had a breakout game. Aish is just getting better and better and Goldsack put his hand up and said he wants to go again next year. If we had played all year, like we showed last night, then we would now be sitting comfortably in the eight. That's the lesson we need to learn from last night.

^This.

^These.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group