Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Post match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
inxs88 



Joined: 17 Aug 2014


PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
Yep Greenwood was missing often. Let's face it we have most of our best forwards out. Add Fasolo, Swan, Eliott and being able to have Howe forward and we would of won that game comfortably.

Why oh why does Buckley use that stupid zoning when the man on man we played tonight is so effective against almost every time?


Played man-on-man in the second half against Richmond. The difference in how effective either style is how well the midfield functions.

Every football scribe said going man on man is the way to go for us.
But useless or headless Bux thinks different every couple of weeks.
So arrogant but it is what is.
Interesting after an honourable loss you come on early.


Well when you don't turn up to games, it's easy to log on and "reply" (never post a new topic) when you're watching the game on TV

_________________
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Museman 



Joined: 06 Jul 2009


PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Hope Maynard can make it a consistent habit to intercept from opposition kick-ins and kick those beautiful, long range goals. Absolutely inspiring play!!
Have been very hard and on him myself especially his disposal with I think maybe one exception ......

Here's another, put the sticks in front of him on the run and he's a legit kick, doesn't often miss.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Mugwump 



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Location: Between London and Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Hope Maynard can make it a consistent habit to intercept from opposition kick-ins and kick those beautiful, long range goals. Absolutely inspiring play!!


He's done that a few times lately, and the kid is only 20. Good signs.

_________________
Two more flags before I die!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
MagpieBat 

The moderator Nick's deserves... but hopefully not the one it needs right now...


Joined: 27 Nov 2010
Location: Brooding in a cave... somewhere... maybe...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Blair was Blair can't wait for him and Dyso to share w hot tub together on the end of season trip should be interesting


Dyso will drown him, if Blair survives the stab wounds from the rusty scissors... Shocked


Is that before or after he puts arsenic in his milkshake ?


After.

When it comes to Blair, Dyso is going to be Wile E. Coyote in planning his demise...


Yesiree... and all sponsored by ACME.


Just be sure that the rocket is pointing in the right direction before you light the fuse... Wink Shocked

_________________
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batmod.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Mugwump 



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Location: Between London and Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
piedys wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Blair was Blair can't wait for him and Dyso to share w hot tub together on the end of season trip should be interesting


Dyso will drown him, if Blair survives the stab wounds from the rusty scissors... Shocked


Is that before or after he puts arsenic in his milkshake ?


After.

When it comes to Blair, Dyso is going to be Wile E. Coyote in planning his demise...




Yesiree... and all sponsored by ACME.


Just be sure that the rocket is pointing in the right direction before you light the fuse... Wink Shocked

Dyso with a rocket in a hot tub... hmm... don't go there.

_________________
Two more flags before I die!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
thompsoc 



Joined: 21 Sep 2009


PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
Yep Greenwood was missing often. Let's face it we have most of our best forwards out. Add Fasolo, Swan, Eliott and being able to have Howe forward and we would of won that game comfortably.

Why oh why does Buckley use that stupid zoning when the man on man we played tonight is so effective against almost every time?


Played man-on-man in the second half against Richmond. The difference in how effective either style is how well the midfield functions.

Every football scribe said going man on man is the way to go for us.
But useless or headless Bux thinks different every couple of weeks.
So arrogant but it is what is.
Interesting after an honourable loss you come on early.


Well when you don't turn up to games, it's easy to log on and "reply" (never post a new topic) when you're watching the game on TV

What does the sage of bendigo believe in?????
I can answer that one!
The club is all seeing, all knowing and all over the place!
But hey it is coming together ....well soon, well soon after a Gillies pie.
Must get down to the Mall tomorrow.
They have a special .. it is called the Blair goal attack pie and it is full of ...well you know what!

_________________
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
CarringbushCigar Taurus



Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Location: wherever I lay my beanie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets call a spade a Mr Shovel Head.

If Cloke plays instead of White we win.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.


Joined: 17 Mar 2003


PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
[quote="MagpieBat"][quote="piedys"][quote="MagpieBat"][quote="qldmagpie67"][quote="MagpieBat"][quote="qldmagpie67"]
[b]Blair was Blair can't wait for him and Dyso to share w hot tub together on the end of season trip should be interesting[/b]
[/quote]

Dyso will drown him, if Blair survives the stab wounds from the rusty scissors... Shocked[/quote]

Is that before or after he puts arsenic in his milkshake ?[/quote]

After.

When it comes to Blair, Dyso is going to be Wile E. Coyote in planning his demise...[/quote]



Yesiree... and all sponsored by [b]ACME[/b].[i][/i][/quote]

Just be sure that the rocket is pointing in the right direction [i]before[/i] you light the fuse... Wink Shocked[/quote]
Dyso with a rocket in a hot tub... hmm... don't go there.
That makes a lot of sense to me, now that you explain it.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Magpietothemax 



Joined: 27 Apr 2013


PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Lets call a spade a Mr Shovel Head.

If Cloke plays instead of White we win.

Agree
And now I read in the HS that we are advertising Cloke for sale.
What utter BS.
For God Sake, keep Travis Cloke as the second legiitimate contested mark target up forward, to split the opposition defence as they are forced to contend with the amazing talent that Darcy Moore is now unleashing, and the known capacities of Travis Cloke.
Those who think Jesse White is a better alternative to Cloke ...what can i say. Cluelessness.
Show Travis Cloke that we have faith in him.
And above all else, address the issues of substandard delivery into F50 and ineffective ball movement. Stop pretending that getting rid of Travis Cloke is somehow a progressive move, when it is our delivery skills and ball movement that are the real factors holding us back.
The campaign to get rid of Travis Cloke is a diversion from the inadequacies of our coaching and training regime.
I am just so fearful that we will lose Travis Cloke and I am very angry.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
think positive Libra

Side By Side


Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Location: somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Lets call a spade a Mr Shovel Head.

If Cloke plays instead of White we win.


Yeah I agree. I really like Jessie but he has slowed a bit. A confident Cloke, his sheer power, I reckon he would have been a great foil for Moore,

Oh man how good is Moore?

So proud of the boys tonight. Shame we let it get away in the last. Man up really worked tonight

Note to self, don't go to footy with people who only go to a coup,e of games a year, cos they suck!

_________________
You never look good trying to make someone else look bad. Disrespecting & insulting other to prove your point just shows how shaky your own position is.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!


Joined: 04 Sep 2003
Location: Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
piedys wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Blair was Blair can't wait for him and Dyso to share w hot tub together on the end of season trip should be interesting


Dyso will drown him, if Blair survives the stab wounds from the rusty scissors... Shocked


Is that before or after he puts arsenic in his milkshake ?


After.

When it comes to Blair, Dyso is going to be Wile E. Coyote in planning his demise...




Yesiree... and all sponsored by ACME.


Just be sure that the rocket is pointing in the right direction before you light the fuse... Wink Shocked

Dyso with a rocket in a hot tub... hmm... don't go there.


Hey if I haven't worked out the pros&cons of chemistry and physics by now, just sit back with a bag of jam donuts and watch the show.
And remember, just because things work in cartoons, doesn't mean they don't work outside of them... Cool

_________________
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  
Mugwump 



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Location: Between London and Melbourne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Lets call a spade a Mr Shovel Head.

If Cloke plays instead of White we win.


Because it worked so well last week ?

In truth, I think the trouble is that forward pressure depends on running capacity and Cloke simply does not, or cannot, exert pressure when he does not have the ball. The inclusion of both he and Cox last week explains why they rebounded so well out of their D50 and the fatc that all of our forward tonight exerted defensive pressure was why we nearly won it. I'm sorry Trav, but it is over, I think.

_________________
Two more flags before I die!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Location: Lexus Centre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone loves Darcy and he played alright tonight, but if Cloke kicks 3.3 including missing from 15m out directly in front and 35m out directly in front there would be howls of criticism and blaming him for the loss...

Guess it's ok when Darcy does it...

Hard to pick whether Darcys miss from 15 or the dickhead who played on and lost the ball 25m out to be run down the other end for a goal was worse.

Need more selfish forwards!!!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Magpietothemax 



Joined: 27 Apr 2013


PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Lets call a spade a Mr Shovel Head.

If Cloke plays instead of White we win.


Because it worked so well last week ?

In truth, I think the trouble is that forward pressure depends on running capacity and Cloke simply does not, or cannot, exert pressure when he does not have the ball. The inclusion of both he and Cox last week explains why they rebounded so well out of their D50 and the fatc that all of our forward tonight exerted defensive pressure was why we nearly won it. I'm sorry Trav, but it is over, I think.

Exactly, forward pressure depends on running capacity, primarily in our midfield. when our midfield plays well, so too our forward pressure is strong.
The midfield is the key.
Cloke as the extra forward target who brings the ball to ground, or marks, and then the midfield and/or loose forwards freed by the midfield pressure
swarm in. Just don't think it is true that there is no place for Cloke in a correctly functioning forward set up.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Mugwump 



Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Location: Between London and Melbourne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MttM, I think both mids and forwards have a role to play. But we sure looked better and more mobile tonight. That could as easily have been Cox as Cloke, of course.

I am sentimental enough to think that Trav should play for the next two weeks to try and salvage something. I hate the idea of this great servant seeing out his days in the twos. And we certainly looked pretty good against GWS with both Cloke and Darcy. The weak spot last week was Cox, I think, who seemed to me a boneheaded selection.

_________________
Two more flags before I die!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group