Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Howe as well, another poor game...senior player on good coin

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:50 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Invigoration wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
So proud. Bucks is building a very good side. Put in Reid, Fasolo, Elliott, Scharenberg, Ramsay, Langdon and a fit Pendles, then we will have a team to beat anyone. De Goey's best game for the year. Surely Bilbo has played his last game for us. I reckon Greenwood is just a journeyman. Moore will be the best key forward in the AFL next year.

Wouldn't bank much of Scharenberg and I reckon Langdon struggles to get in our best team.
Add Sinclair to the list instead, was our best running back before he went down recently. I like Broomhead too.

We cut a lot of fat out with those additions though

I disagree on Scharenberg. He will prove to be close to the classiest player in our team in two years. He is a a Rolls Royce and he will be close to first picked. Mark my words.

I like him, but he needs to show he can stay on the park for a prolonged period before I worry much about him.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:51 pm

Doggies injury concerns put ours to shame, make no mistake

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:52 pm

Didn't see the game who played on stringer?
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Invigoration wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
Invigoration wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
So proud. Bucks is building a very good side. Put in Reid, Fasolo, Elliott, Scharenberg, Ramsay, Langdon and a fit Pendles, then we will have a team to beat anyone. De Goey's best game for the year. Surely Bilbo has played his last game for us. I reckon Greenwood is just a journeyman. Moore will be the best key forward in the AFL next year.

Wouldn't bank much of Scharenberg and I reckon Langdon struggles to get in our best team.
Add Sinclair to the list instead, was our best running back before he went down recently. I like Broomhead too.

We cut a lot of fat out with those additions though

I disagree on Scharenberg. He will prove to be close to the classiest player in our team in two years. He is a a Rolls Royce and he will be close to first picked. Mark my words.

I like him, but he needs to show he can stay on the park for a prolonged period before I worry much about him.

Doggies injury concerns put ours to shame, make no mistake

Yeah it was pretty telling that they averaged 15 less games per player on the whole than us tonight.

Jpies 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:53 pm

Disappointing to lose tonight, but I thought there were some good signs. There seemed to be more method to their ball movement, and it looked like they were at least attempting a more precision passing game (there were still too many unforced turnovers- who kicked that one to smith across the centre square that got cut off??!!).

Moore, Adams, Treloar, De Goey, Maynard all played well, as did Brown. I think Brown showed why he is still a key part of the team- in the absence of Reid he held the backline together. Wills looks like he will be good.

The bad... White still drops too many marks, and doesn't get to the contest enough. Given that they would both be cheap(er) going forward, and are a similar age, I would personally prefer to keep Cloke. Marsh seems to have no awareness which is a worry.

Until now, I've thought the criticism of Sidebottom might be a bit harsh, but his errors really stood out tonight. E.g he ruined a great build up of play in the first half where we had maintained possession and created out of the backline, by spearing a ~25m pass a meter above someone's head. I was also unimpressed with his casual play on on the wing, which saw him done for holding the ball. I think the criticism is justified as he has the talent to be better.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:56 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Blair was Blair can't wait for him and Dyso to share w hot tub together on the end of season trip should be interesting

Dyso will drown him, if Blair survives the stab wounds from the rusty scissors... Shocked

Is that before or after he puts arsenic in his milkshake ?

After.

When it comes to Blair, Dyso is going to be Wile E. Coyote in planning his demise...

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Sidebottom's errors are a result of the lack of leadership accountability on the field, he is getting away with these brain farts as is far too many of our so called stars. The playing group needs to demand better from each other, I doubt anyone is giving Sidey a bake when he has those lax moments.

MONCO: Your life.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:00 am

That was a much better effort tonight,and a pretty good game to watch.Unfortunately the usual skill errrors cost us the game,like kicking across the ground to the opposition,or taking too long to kick the ball when going for goal and having the kick smothered.

The umpires definitely played their part as well.Sidebottom clearly had his arm held in the last minute of the game,and a bulldog player dropped the ball and should have been penalised,instead the umpires conveniently called play on and they got a goal.

The young players were great like Grundy,Treloar,Moore and Aish.Goldsack was also very courageous,and should never have been left out of the side.He's twice the player that Marsh is.

And Blair.He reminds me of those imaginary friends that children have.You know they're there somewhere,you hear their name being called,but you never actually see them.
MP magpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:00 am

Good signs. I can see what we are building.

Cant be angry for the effort tonight.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:03 am

jackcass wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
Yep Greenwood was missing often. Let's face it we have most of our best forwards out. Add Fasolo, Swan, Eliott and being able to have Howe forward and we would of won that game comfortably.

Why oh why does Buckley use that stupid zoning when the man on man we played tonight is so effective against almost every time?

Played man-on-man in the second half against Richmond. The difference in how effective either style is how well the midfield functions.

Every football scribe said going man on man is the way to go for us.
But useless or headless Bux thinks different every couple of weeks.
So arrogant but it is what is.
Interesting after an honourable loss you come on early.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:10 am

Hope Maynard can make it a consistent habit to intercept from opposition kick-ins and kick those beautiful, long range goals. Absolutely inspiring play!!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:12 am

Monco Matt wrote:
We just have a critical mass of blue collar grunts guys. They work hard but we simply need more class. Adams, Crisp, Greenwood, Wills, Phillips, Marsh, Brown, Blair, Oxley...just way too many grunts. A few more players with polish out there and we win that game. A few less mistakes and a few more clean kicks i50....we need a few positive changes and it could make such a difference to winning a game by 2 goals or losing by 2 goals.

Fair point, Monco, though I think you are wrong on Adams, who is already a star. Fasolo, Ellioitt, Reid and hopefully Scharenberg all have real class. And I'd say that is true for Sinclair as well, though I'll probably get howled down. All of this will displace lower-ranking players you mention above, and if we can get anywhere near that top 22 on the park, look out.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:12 am

And kymbo5 tel us how good Blair is!
No goals last week no goals this week and he plays mainly as a forward.
Wasn't the worse tonite but remember his first kick?
Missed his target by 10m.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:13 am

MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Blair was Blair can't wait for him and Dyso to share w hot tub together on the end of season trip should be interesting

Dyso will drown him, if Blair survives the stab wounds from the rusty scissors... Shocked

Is that before or after he puts arsenic in his milkshake ?

After.

When it comes to Blair, Dyso is going to be Wile E. Coyote in planning his demise...

Yesiree... and all sponsored by ACME.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: