Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies fans attacking other Pies fans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We all carry on the way we do because we all ultimately love the club and want what's best for it. I'd be more worried if we didn't say much at all and accepted things as they are. Truth be told, we're in a dark place. Injuries, rubbish form, disenchanted players, angry fans, low membership, crowd numbers down, team playing badly, questionable recruiting, players wanting out or not performing, watching low life clubs doing better than us. Sure there's a lot to like as well, don't get me wrong. It's been a shit year and I think we'd all be much happier the season is done and dusted. I want a future to look forward to. Attacking posters personally is pretty low though but then again that's what the ignore button is for.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:32 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS, don't go all wimpy and pc on me Dyso old mate.
I prefer your unadulturated vitriolic rants. Cool

Ooh, I never said I was going to lighten up on anybody... Twisted Evil
Just saying I have read the riot-act, and am prepared to wear the consequences. Three weeks to go, and looking forward to the club's ability to hit rock bottom and attempt to penetrate clay now!
Game On!

And just to forewarn the crew, things could get ugly if I don't get a final round four-quarter buy-in by all players selected to take on Whorethorn.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I can tolerate criticism of players, the coach, the board or anyone at Collingwood, as long as it is done with respect and constructively.

As one who is a passionate Buckley fan, I nonetheless appreciate that our performances over the past few years have been poor and so Buckley's coaching deserves to be critiqued. It comes with the job. More than that, I recognise that it is legitimate that some will argue that we'd be better with a different coach. However, I think it's wrong for supposed Collingwood fans to heap vitriol and abuse on such a revered legend of our club.

Those who heap abuse on Collingwood should expect to receive the same from loyal Collingwood supporters.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.
Go Pies.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Pies Fans Attacking Other Pies FansReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
I am getting Sick of People Attacking negative Fans.

Saying they should Support Someone else is Disgusting Way to Talk about them.

They are Collingwood Fans who want to Vent and Call how they See It.

You don't have to agree what they say but don't show a Real lack of Dis-Respect to them and Collingwood.

People are allowed to Say what they Think. As Long as it's not a Personal Attack on anyone.

Who else Agrees?

I agree Dave.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:08 pm

thompsoc wrote:
What the holders of the faith don't understand.
All the club is fair game but other nicksters are not.
But it is a waste of time telling them that.
And this thread will be removed very soon i suspect.

What is this nonsense? The back and forth between, for want of a better term, pro-Buckley* and anti-Buckley posters on this board is about even.

It's an(other) utter fiction to suggest that the anti's are a meek and reasonable few who are constantly bullied and personally attacked by the nasty bully-boy pro faction. Only a person with a wilfully distorted view of reality could think such a thing.

If a poster is called out and can't construct an argument to support themselves then that's very instructive, and yes, it does seem that some of the most negative posters on here are exposed fairly regularly for posting opinions that just don't hold up to reality.

However, that is neither unfair nor bullying.

*Meaning general continuing support of the club, it's players and administration.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:15 pm

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

What is this nonsense? The back and forth between, for want of a better term, pro-Buckley* and anti-Buckley posters on this board is about even.

It's an(other) utter fiction to suggest that the anti's are a meek and reasonable few who are constantly bullied and personally attacked by the nasty bully-boy pro faction. Only a person with a wilfully distorted view of reality could think such a thing.

If a poster is called out and can't construct an argument to support themselves then that's very instructive, and yes, it does seem that some of the most negative posters on here are exposed fairly regularly for posting opinions that just don't hold up to reality.

*Meaning general continuing support of the club, it's players and administration.

Are you married to Lazza Redlight???
He is always talking about people like me not living in reality.
You are a fascinating character.
I have you pegged as a lawyer or para legal professional.
Would be interesting to know your job.
I still think you have a simple view on things.
Little too black and white for me ( excuse the pun ).

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I am getting Sick of People Attacking negative Fans.

Saying they should Support Someone else is Disgusting Way to Talk about them.

They are Collingwood Fans who want to Vent and Call how they See It.

You don't have to agree what they say but don't show a Real lack of Dis-Respect to them and Collingwood.

People are allowed to Say what they Think. As Long as it's not a Personal Attack on anyone.

Who else Agrees?

The fact you call them "negative" fans says a lot, because that's what they are.

Why should those who aren't negative be attacked for remaining positive?

There's also the argument that generally positive people in society view pessimists as little more than whinging speedbumps who offer nothing constructive, whereas pessimists seem to view optimists as deluded and unrealistic.

That bottle spins both ways Dave, but a little more civility and a little less trolling would be a good start.

Exactly. Apparently it's perfectly acceptable to attack and bully a poster who has a view which tends toward the positive end of the spectrum. Poor negative types, maybe we should ask the club to coordinate a group hug for them.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Redlight wrote:

… it does seem that some of the most negative posters on here are exposed fairly regularly for posting opinions that just don't hold up to reality.

check mate !

here is another unsubstantiated attack on a group of posters

You want some reality?

Try 5 years of sliding down the ladder.

That's our reality.

An unprecedented achievement from a senior coach at any level of football in the history of the game.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
Exactly. Apparently it's perfectly acceptable to attack and bully a poster who has a view which tends toward the positive end of the spectrum. Poor negative types, maybe we should ask the club to coordinate a group hug for them.

No, it's not.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:24 am

The Collingwood Civil war still simmers, the occasional odd angry shot. I'm the Confederate Pie. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:22 am

thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Your words...

"All the club is fair game but other nicksters are not.
But it is a waste of time telling them that."

Your reply goes nowhere close to addressing the point I was making, instead it's just a bunch of particularly personal comments.

In the very thread where you're complaining about that sort of behaviour.

I just can't fathom that you aren't aware of the hypocrisy.
Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:45 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I can tolerate criticism of players, the coach, the board or anyone at Collingwood, as long as it is done with respect and constructively.

As one who is a passionate Buckley fan, I nonetheless appreciate that our performances over the past few years have been poor and so Buckley's coaching deserves to be critiqued. It comes with the job. More than that, I recognise that it is legitimate that some will argue that we'd be better with a different coach. However, I think it's wrong for supposed Collingwood fans to heap vitriol and abuse on such a revered legend of our club.

Those who heap abuse on Collingwood should expect to receive the same from loyal Collingwood supporters.

Absolutely. Among recent choice epithets i have read on this board in reference to our coach we have "Mr Potato Head", "Phuckley", "shithead" as well as the fact-inventor Wolfboy's endless monotone chant (though to be fair, I don't think Wolfboy actually uses personal abuse like that above).

People who use the anonymity of a board like this to abuse one of the very greatest Collingwood players of all time, a man who has a hundred times the leadership skills and football credentials of anybody posting here, do not deserve respect. The rules of the board do not allow me to say what i think of their character (though i think it is shown by their own posts), but i will certainly attack their arguments.

Those who argue that Buckley is not the right coach without that type of vitriol are of course entitled to their view. There are many excellent posters on this board who take that view, and fair play to them. But those whose comments on Buckley are troll-like don't get the respect pass, sorry.

I should add the Dyso exemption. He attacks everyone with a certain amount of liberal personal abuse after a loss, but it's good natured and funny and he's such a passionate Pies fan that he's allowed. The Dyso rant after a loss is one of the only good things about losing.

The Dyso exemption is a given of course. Wink

It's mr potato, not potato head, a reference to his bland paint by number style, phuckley stems from frustration, if he falls on his sword, I will most certainly refrain.

Loved him as a footballer btw.

He's just a stubborn chitfull coach.....and his very subpar coaching is upsetting my weekends😉
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:14 am

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Your words...

Your reply goes nowhere close to addressing the point I was making, instead it's just a bunch of particularly personal comments.

So what is your job redlight?
Or your educational background?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:42 am

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Your words...

The point is Redlight is that you have already said that the anti buckley brigade don't live in reality, that i have a distorted view on reality and I have seen plenty of other negative personal comments from your past posting.
What is the point of getting into a argument with you, except for fun.
You look at things from a fixed point of view. You seem to think that losing an argument is akin to a loss of ego.
Personally I would love to get into a great sh..t fight on this topic.
Could not think of anything better to do on Nicks.
But it is not allowed under the rules.
As for my hypocrisy.
This is your argument.
I complain about people playing the man and not the ball.
And you say... look, you have just done the same thing by complaining.
School yard logic.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:05 am

Steve wrote:
lol a whinge about having a whinge without any one whinging back.

Yeah.....that sums it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: